X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Not that I'm saying this is ok

But if he actually blew a .08 this is the big problem with the .08 limit. .08 depending on the person is between 2 and 4 beers. Also 99% of them are lowered to wreckless driving or dropped all together.

Now the other thing is, he blew higher and the cop dropped it down to .08.

More information will come out, that is the fact of the matter.
    Kelo says it was a blood test, not breathalyzer.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Not that I'm saying this is ok

But if he actually blew a .08 this is the big problem with the .08 limit. .08 depending on the person is between 2 and 4 beers. Also 99% of them are lowered to wreckless driving or dropped all together.

Now the other thing is, he blew higher and the cop dropped it down to .08.

More information will come out, that is the fact of the matter.
      I had jury duty a few years back over a DUI case where the person blew a .08. Per the officer's testimony, he probably didn't even know/think he was under the influence.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Kelo says it was a blood test, not breathalyzer.
        Not sure, but I think they do both. When I was in this situation in Brookings County in January of 1999 we did both. But I blew a .226.

Comment

If he would suspend a player a game for doing this, he needs to suspend himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Not sure, but I think they do both. When I was in this situation in Brookings County in January of 1999 we did both. But I blew a .226.
            So, there was zero question whether you should have been driving!

I agree that some people at 0.08 likely don't feel intoxicated and overlooking it like Stig claims in completely plausible. Still not an excuse, especially for someone in his position. Now, if he had blown a .16 or something his claim goes out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              If he would suspend a player a game for doing this, he needs to suspend himself.

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                I heard he tried to Turnover in the wrong lane.
                Swing and a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  So, there was zero question whether you should have been driving!

I agree that some people at 0.08 likely don't feel intoxicated and overlooking it like Stig claims in completely plausible. Still not an excuse, especially for someone in his position. Now, if he had blown a .16 or something his claim goes out the window.
                  Oh yes. I knew it, the passenger knew, and the cop knew it. I learned a hard lesson that night. Stig was the first person I told about it. Longest walk I ever took was from Young Hall to the HPER the following Monday morning.

Comment

I understand your point but from a PR standpoint, this just needs to go away. Suspending himself for the next game in September will just drag this on for another 6 months.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Right, if I remember correctly, they do the blood test after they take you back to the station so it could have been a bit after the arrest was actually made.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        I understand your point but from a PR standpoint, this just needs to go away. Suspending himself for the next game in September will just drag this on for another 6 months.
                        From a PR standpoint, what would be better way to highlight the dangers of driving drunk than by suspending yourself for a game? I'm with 2002jack, if this happens to a player there are repercussions beyond the court system. Why should it be any different for the head coach?

Comment

Suspension did occur as well as a long talk with my parents and I after the banquet. Fortunately he didn't revoke my scholarship, but I was on a very short leash after that.

I was suspended from team activities until I performed a set number of hours of community service and went to a set number of AA classes.

I was back for spring ball.

Not sure what he could suspend himself from. His best course of action may be to go speak at an AA type meeting.

Comment

Suspension did occur as well as a long talk with my parents and I after the banquet. Fortunately he didn't revoke my scholarship, but I was on a very short leash after that.

I was suspended from team activities until I performed a set number of hours of community service and went to a set number of AA classes.

I was back for spring ball.

Not sure what he could suspend himself from. His best course of action may be to go speak at an AA type meeting.
                            along with the community service he already does, my guess he will use this as a positive with the team, and I doubt any players would have a grudge if he wasn't suspended. Who knows what will happen over the next few months, but I suspect it would be a little different then if it happened the week before a game.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

More of the story here
                              https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...-28/384706002/
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                "blood-alcohol content was recorded at or above 0.08 percent in a blood test"

It could have been higher than .08

Comment

Working...
                                X