Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Nope but if I had to make a list of coaches at SDSU most likely to get a DUI Stig would have been at the bottom of the list. Seriously, dead last.

I too tend think the arresting officer erred in her understanding of what Stig was drinking, but at the same time closet alcoholics will go to great lengths to hide their alcohol use so it's maybe not inconceivable.
    Agree with the first paragraph and mostly agree with the second phrase about closet alcholics. I only had two jobs since leaving SDSU, and that's a long story, but the first employer never knew about my two DUI's. I handled all the court matters on my own time and never told my supervisors that I was headed to court. So yes, they can be very clever. This is was one time I was clever.

If so with Coach Stig he turns out to be a closet alcoholic, I will be sadly disappointed. His upfront contacts with Justin Sells and President Dunn suggests non-alcoholic behavior and he may not be one at all.

BTW I honestly believe the officer will have a difficult time in court with this particular complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Agree with the first paragraph and mostly agree with the second phrase about closet alcholics. I only had two jobs since leaving SDSU, and that's a long story, but the first employer never knew about my two DUI's. I handled all the court matters on my own time and never told my supervisors that I was headed to court. So yes, they can be very clever. This is was one time I was clever.

If so with Coach Stig he turns out to be a closet alcoholic, I will be sadly disappointed. His upfront contacts with Justin Sells and President Dunn suggests non-alcoholic behavior and he may not be one at all.

BTW I honestly believe the officer will have a difficult time in court with this particular complaint.
      I still cant imagine if in fact he did have Joose, when or where in a 100 mile radius, he would have gone to get it without being recognized/outed.

There is no convenience store, none, near Brookings that I can imagine SOMEONE whether that be the cashier, or another customer wouldn't have recognized him at the counter...."Holy nutmeg was that Stig buying a Joose?" and let the rumors fly from there.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        @JackJD what say you? suspended imposition of sentence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
        Well, suspended imposition of sentence it is. Pretty standard practice in a case anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Well, suspended imposition of sentence it is. Pretty standard practice in a case anything like this.

How can that be? He was drinking Joose after all, so they should have thrown the book at him.

Looks like it will be water under the bridge, or maybe Joose under the bridge. We will just have to put up with a season of opposing fans mocking him. I'm looking forward to having this all in the rear view mirror and we can consider actions on the field rather than what happened in a ditch.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            How can that be? He was drinking Joose after all, so they should have thrown the book at him.

Looks like it will be water under the bridge, or maybe Joose under the bridge. We will just have to put up with a season of opposing fans mocking him. I'm looking forward to having this all in the rear view mirror and we can consider actions on the field rather than what happened in a ditch.
            One season? This thing is going to stick around for years. But let’s be honest, they needed some new material, CAS is gone and you can only say playoff attendance jokes so many times (that’s not true, they say them all the times lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              One season? This thing is going to stick around for years. But let’s be honest, they needed some new material, CAS is gone and you can only say playoff attendance jokes so many times (that’s not true, they say them all the times lol).

It'll be around as long as Stig is the coach here, and among some of the lesser-IQ opposing fans, beyond even that.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As somebody just texted me...it will make for great beer labels.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  As somebody just texted me...it will make for great beer labels.
                  Lol yes it will.

Comment

Lol yes it will.

I did see a good one on Twitter the other day that made me laugh. M.A.D. = "Make Another Drink"

Comment

• Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

Saw the news about your coach on ESPN. It's a shame really. I lost my father to a drunk driver when I was two years old. By the grace of God he did not hurt anyone. Usually a DUI is an extension of alcoholism. Is he getting help for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigskybears View Post
                        Saw the news about your coach on ESPN. It's a shame really. I lost my father to a drunk driver when I was two years old. By the grace of God he did not hurt anyone. Usually a DUI is an extension of alcoholism. Is he getting help for this?
                        I know a lot of people who have gotten DUIs that we’re not and are not alcoholics.

If the JOOSE thing is what you want to point to for it then sure, but to say a DUI is “usually” a sign of alcoholism is way over the top.

Comment

Troll alert

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                            Troll alert
                            You're right. So, let's not feed the troll -- they usually just shrivel up and go away.
                            (JackJD, signed in as adminhare)

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              I did see a good one on Twitter the other day that made me laugh. M.A.D. = "Make Another Drink"
                              Or how about D.A.M.M. = " Drunks against Mad Mothers".

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Or how about D.A.M.M. = " Drunks against Mad Mothers".

N
                                ot
                                Until
                                Topping Off
                                My
                                Empty
                                G​lass
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X