Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Does that mean he refused? Or were the batteries dead? Or did she not have straws? Or was there some other error?

We’re you in the cop car that night? I don’t think so.

Saying he refused a PBT is irresponsible because we don’t know if that was the case.
    Mince words if you like but the negative “I could not obtain” means Stig refused. If there were battery problems, that would have been stated. The officer report becomes a court record and this detail is less likely to be left out. No I was not there but if I were, I have help Stig out of the ditch.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-03-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
      You didn’t answer my question. Have you committed this crime? I submit that you have. I did not suggest everyone’s been caught, taken a breath test, or any if the other things you’ve added. I suggested the vast majority of people directly or indirectly involved have committed this crime.
      Really reaching to try to prove your point. I guess since "everyone" in your mind has broken this law, it is okay for people to drink an drive.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Really reaching to try to prove your point. I guess since "everyone" in your mind has broken this law, it is okay for people to drink an drive.
        This is exhausting. Did you see me saying that? Where? I made the observation that this is a oddball crime in that nearly everyone has done it. Didn’t think it would be that hard to grasp that particular, specific point.

Comment

Any news from yesterday? I'm guessing it was nothing more than clarifying your name and the charges, whatever else small misc. stuff goes on in that first court appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
            Any news from yesterday? I'm guessing it was nothing more than clarifying your name and the charges, whatever else small misc. stuff goes on in that first court appearance.
            None and his court appearance per The Brookings Register was March 6. A continuance would not surprise me. I think Coach has a good lawyer who might be working on a number of things. Pure speculation on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              $20 says you don't finish it... they taste like poison. It's unfathomable to consider that Stig was actually drinking that stuff.
              You owe me $20.

Comment

You owe me $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

You owe me $20.
                  Good work sir. Touche. Can we get your review of the drink and your experience?

Comment

Good work sir. Touche. Can we get your review of the drink and your experience?
                    Bought the screw driver flavor. Think it was 12% alcohol (24 proof for the inexperienced) and they conveniently come in silos. Although I've never had poison, I imagine it tastes reasonably similar to the flavor of Joose I tried. I just can't believe Stig bought one of these just to sip on while doing his taxes.

I think one of the following applies:

1) The arrest report is wrong and Stig wasn't drinking Joose.
                    2) Stig is such an inexperienced drinker he thought Joose looked good (I mean the cans are colorful!).
                    3) Stig is a closet alcoholic and was looking to get bombed.

Comment

Bought the screw driver flavor. Think it was 12% alcohol (24 proof for the inexperienced) and they conveniently come in silos. Although I've never had poison, I imagine it tastes reasonably similar to the flavor of Joose I tried. I just can't believe Stig bought one of these just to sip on while doing his taxes.

I think one of the following applies:

1) The arrest report is wrong and Stig wasn't drinking Joose.
                      2) Stig is such an inexperienced drinker he thought Joose looked good (I mean the cans are colorful!).
                      3) Stig is a closet alcoholic and was looking to get bombed.
                      My only issue with #3 being plausible is if you are in fact an alcoholic, it’s going to take at least 3-4 of them bad boys to get to the level of putting a car in the ditch. I think #2 is plausible, someone who doesn’t know better is likely to get drug into getting one with to coloring, plus they’re usually by the wine coolers I think. I tend to lean towards #1 though. I wish we could see the transcript of the arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        My only issue with #3 being plausible is if you are in fact an alcoholic, it’s going to take at least 3-4 of them bad boys to get to the level of putting a car in the ditch. I think #2 is plausible, someone who doesn’t know better is likely to get drug into getting one with to coloring, plus they’re usually by the wine coolers I think. I tend to lean towards #1 though. I wish we could see the transcript of the arrest.

Transcript... how about a video? I want to see how much he was actually stumbling around like the report says, and I want to hear what he sounded like when he was talking and how he referred to Joose or juice. Don't these things usually get released at some point? What does it take? It seems like if it's a celebrity or pro sports player, they get released fairly quickly.

Comment

Transcript... how about a video? I want to see how much he was actually stumbling around like the report says, and I want to hear what he sounded like when he was talking and how he referred to Joose or juice. Don't these things usually get released at some point? What does it take? It seems like if it's a celebrity or pro sports player, they get released fairly quickly.
                          Oh for sure. But hey, baby steps!

Comment

With the number of hours the coaching staff spends together every day for what, about 8 months of the year, does it really seem possible that Stig could be a closet alcoholic without the rest of the coaching staff knowing and calling him on it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              With the number of hours the coaching staff spends together every day for what, about 8 months of the year, does it really seem possible that Stig could be a closet alcoholic without the rest of the coaching staff knowing and calling him on it ?
                              Let me start out by saying that I don't believe that Stig is an alcoholic, or even has a drinking problem. He just made a dumb decision and now has to live with it.

That being said, it seems completely plausible that a staff would know and keep it quiet. After all, those coach's families rely on that head coach for their livelihood. It is how scandals happen in the big programs. If you call out the head coach it could end in his termination and, in turn, yours. Or perhaps you don't get that promotion for LB coach to Defensive Coordinator.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Nope but if I had to make a list of coaches at SDSU most likely to get a DUI Stig would have been at the bottom of the list. Seriously, dead last.

I too tend think the arresting officer erred in her understanding of what Stig was drinking, but at the same time closet alcoholics will go to great lengths to hide their alcohol use so it's maybe not inconceivable.

Comment

Working...
                                X