Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I have no idea who this person might be.

Life is precious. I am happy with my two DUI's that no one was killed or injured. I might still be paying for that.
    Rumor was it was Clyde Calhoun or something like that a states attorney maybe. Was blind if not mistaken from a drunk driver. Rumor was he was the drunk driver. No idea if any of it is true but I know Brookings when I was a student was hard on and alcohol and drug offense.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
      I can just about guarantee that his BAC was well over .08. You don't casually drink joose. Yes I know Stig says he wasn't drinking joose but I will tend to believe the Brookings police officers. Had his BAC been around the legal limit I bet they wouldn't have charged it out. Mark my words his BAC will be around 2.5 times the legal limit and it takes an experienced drinker to get that high. I know this post will probably rub a lot of people the wrong way just as my post did when I said Austin Hansen was taking a coaching job at USD and nobody wanted to believe me. I know many will think I'm throwing wild speculation out there but this comes from my experience of what I have seen out of joose drinkers.
      With all this being said I think Stig is a good guy. He's always seemed like a stand up guy. I don't blame him for not being completely honest about this. I don't think most people would.
      Careful there, considering our police chief just had to issue this statement regarding his own screw up....

Https://brookingsregister.com/articl...l-threat-story

Not saying it's for sure, but honestly it would make more sense that the officer interpreted something stig said referring to wine as juice vs saying he was drinking joose.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
        I can just about guarantee that his BAC was well over .08. You don't casually drink joose. Yes I know Stig says he wasn't drinking joose but I will tend to believe the Brookings police officers. Had his BAC been around the legal limit I bet they wouldn't have charged it out. Mark my words his BAC will be around 2.5 times the legal limit and it takes an experienced drinker to get that high. I know this post will probably rub a lot of people the wrong way just as my post did when I said Austin Hansen was taking a coaching job at USD and nobody wanted to believe me. I know many will think I'm throwing wild speculation out there but this comes from my experience of what I have seen out of joose drinkers.
        With all this being said I think Stig is a good guy. He's always seemed like a stand up guy. I don't blame him for not being completely honest about this. I don't think most people would.
        I don’t doubt for a second that an expert on Joose drinking alcoholics would be a Yote fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          You’re right. Take the media to task for reporting that the word “Joose” is contained in the police report, which it is. How dare they quote a word used in the report from the arresting officer.

Idiot.
          Ahh, I missed your voice of reason and kindness, TK.

What I was "taking them to task for" was the possibility (note I said "if it wasn't Joose") that the report mentioned only the word "juice" and the media assumed this was referencing "Joose." Now, if the report has an account like "Officer Smith approached suspect's Malibu, smelled alcohol, and asked suspect if he had been drinking. Suspect responded 'I drank some juice at home.' And Officer asked, 'Juice?' Suspect said 'Yes, the canned malt beverage'" or "Suspect pointed to a can of Joose-brand liquor," that would be another matter.

I couldn't locate the arrest report online. Maybe you did, or maybe you just wanted to call me an idiot. Either way, mission accomplished.

I made it my New Year's resolution to have your magnanimity, intelligence, and web usage prowess. Thank you for refocusing my initiative with more of your constructive criticism and perpetual positivity.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            So you are saying Stig should find an attorney that is not yote alumni. I know a young man who was able to get some type of imposition for the first offense. He also is still attending AA meetings and he is still sober. I would assume he had a steeper drinking problem than Stig. If everyone wants to know the whole story, I would guess that the information will be public knowledge as far as the judicial system. Meanwhile, those who find the compassion may hope that Stig moves through this situation and get his life on track as a leader and coach of young men knowing that anyone can make serious mistakes and recover their lives again. The yotes wanting justice may need to wait for another day for that court to rule.
            No I am not saying that Stig should find a lawyer who is not an USD alum, I am saying that he probably has already got a good lawyer. I dont think this case has much strength if his test level is in question. That's the undisclosed detail that everyone wants to know. In fairness to Stig and until he has his date in court, we are not likely to know. Plus the Joose issue seems to be less than crystal clear. How do you find a lawyer in SD who is not an alum of USD? USD has the monopoly on law schools in S.D. and that was what I was complaining about. Nothing new.

The example that you cited in your post does happen often and often good people come out of a bad situation. Its a second chance and I think Coach does deserve a second chance. His pious outlook may make a judge want to throw the book at him. Who knows? I suggest we all stay tuned.
            I have been down this path, and had to wait 10 years to apply for a federal job as one of the questions on the application form asks about DUI's that occurred in the past 10 years. So having a DUI on your record is a handicap in that sense. At age 61, I dont see Coach applying for a federal job. I hope he stays on and battles all these joose lovers on this board and other boards. He is a tough guy and for that I appreciate all that he has done for SDSU football. My difference maker check will soon be in the mail.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 03-02-2018, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Careful there, considering our police chief just had to issue this statement regarding his own screw up....

Https://brookingsregister.com/articl...l-threat-story

Not saying it's for sure, but honestly it would make more sense that the officer interpreted something stig said referring to wine as juice vs saying he was drinking joose.
              This is exactly why I would not want to be in law enforcement. Sometimes they are misunderstood or if they are sloppy with details, they often get you in hot water.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 03-02-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Rumor was it was Clyde Calhoun or something like that a states attorney maybe. Was blind if not mistaken from a drunk driver. Rumor was he was the drunk driver. No idea if any of it is true but I know Brookings when I was a student was hard on and alcohol and drug of fense.
                I dont have the details on how Clyde lost his eyesight, but having been on campus when he still had eyesight, he was no angel. I appreciate all his actions relating to DUI's and his toughness may have saved lives. That's what a States Attorney is suppose to do and he did it satisfactorily without eyesight. Its amazing how people who lose eyesight are able to adapt. He often frequented the Elks Club for a nib or two, but there was no danger in his driving home by someone else. His wife was a big help in his functioning. I wonder how he would have handled Coach Stig's upcoming case? He was an attendee at every Difference Maker meeting that I have attended. If there was a way out, I am sure he would have followed it. Clyde is a big fan of Coach Stig.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 03-02-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I would think he has a pretty good attorney who is working behind the scenes and I would not be surprised to see the charges reduced or even dropped. I think his high moral road that he has taken possibly prevents this from happening. The judge may choose to make an example out of him. Our USD fans and Yote53, especially want his arse crucified. Cramps or no cramps. JOOSE OR NO JOOSE, they want justice to prevail.

Everything is a conspiracy to the fans to the south. Or they all hope it is so we look bad

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    Everything is a conspiracy to the fans to the south. Or they all hope it is so we look bad
                    Yeah like beat state and not your wife. A good example. Yote 53 is the moderator and threw two of SDSU posters off his board for little or nothing and he is going wild over the Stig incident. There is something rotten in Brookings so he said in one post, and little does he know that most lawyers would have handled Stig case in the manner it has been handled. His court date is next week so why let a jury like this board or the USD and Bisonville boards have 30 days to discuss the details?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Rumor was it was Clyde Calhoun or something like that a states attorney maybe. Was blind if not mistaken from a drunk driver. Rumor was he was the drunk driver. No idea if any of it is true but I know Brookings when I was a student was hard on and alcohol and drug offense.
                      He was the States Attorney when I went through my ordeal as well. He treated me fairly with the charges. I was wrong in my actions and took my punishment. I was told if my BAC had been lower I could have gotten a lawyer and tried to argue it down to wreckless.

Comment

Growing up in Woonsocket in the sixties, I'm reminded of the alcoholics in town (including a relative or two) that were constantly inebriated, probably never under .08. We had two dance halls within nine miles and kids were constantly driving drunk. Thank god for an understanding sheriff who would take you home if you crawled into his back seat.

My now deceased wife adopted a FAS/crack baby who was taken out of his biological home at two (along with three other siblings) --raised on kool aid and whiskey "because everyone does that". Rest of the family did long prison time. Ran into him a couple of years ago and had literally never seen him not drunk or stoned until that time. Now has a decent job and hopefully he's turned it around but I'm worried about the damaged genes he's passed to his two boys.

Anyway he picked up his first DUI after attending his biological grandmother's funeral. Was passed out in a relative's front yard in his car, in his underwear. Had a key in the ignition (even though his engine was off) and under Missouri law that was enough to charge him. Cops said he had eight ounces of cannabis in his clothing-- that would have been a bit hard to stick since he was in his tighty whities when they brought him in. Attorney got the drug charge thrown out as a throw down and he drew a SIS which came back to haunt him when he was caught actually driving drunk a year later. Think he lost his license for six years on his second and he'll pay for that for the rest of his life. At least today and here, the "boys will be boys" attitude of my youth are long gone.

I did a fair amount of hell raising until I was in my early forties. Haven't been buzzed, (except for an interesting coconut full of bathtub gin and rum that I got on the dock next to the cruise ship in Freeport) in thirty years. But I haven't driven drunk since my twenties--and it was stupid then. And, frustrating as doing my taxes are, I'm not combining it with guzzling wine. Stig should have known better, but we've all sinned, but hopefully got it out of our systems earlier in our lives.

Comment

The beauty of His Grace...forgiveness of sin, Stig understands this...it doesn't mean he will get any of that grace from the north or the south, Stig understands this as well. Actually have found myself laughing at a lot of the posts from the Yote board and Bisonville.

What I don't get are the overarching conspiracy theories that something was being hidden or that it was being hushed by the school or Stig or the BPD. I'm no lawyer at all but it doesn't seem out of the question for us not to hear about it a 4 weeks later. I also believe that he may have said "juice" and that the officer misunderstood it as Joose.

I posed this question on another board as well... I would hope to hear a lawyers opinion on the fact that it took 4 weeks or so for this to come out. Is it really a conspiracy theory or a cover up if it isn't disclosed immediately by the school, Police department or individual?
                          Last edited by Jackedforlife; 03-02-2018, 10:14 AM. Reason: added content

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Ahh, I missed your voice of reason and kindness, TK.

What I was "taking them to task for" was the possibility (note I said "if it wasn't Joose") that the report mentioned only the word "juice" and the media assumed this was referencing "Joose." Now, if the report has an account like "Officer Smith approached suspect's Malibu, smelled alcohol, and asked suspect if he had been drinking. Suspect responded 'I drank some juice at home.' And Officer asked, 'Juice?' Suspect said 'Yes, the canned malt beverage'" or "Suspect pointed to a can of Joose-brand liquor," that would be another matter.

I couldn't locate the arrest report online. Maybe you did, or maybe you just wanted to call me an idiot. Either way, mission accomplished.

I made it my New Year's resolution to have your magnanimity, intelligence, and web usage prowess. Thank you for refocusing my initiative with more of your constructive criticism and perpetual positivity.
                            Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Moreover, if it wasn't Joose, the media should be taken to task for lax verification, as several of the accounts specifically mentioned something to the effect of "Joose, a malt beverage" in their accounts.
                            It amazes me how you always try and walk your comments back without ever admitting your were wrong.

"Take them to task for lax verification" all you want, but our local media used statements directly from the arrest report. From Officer Justina Diamond's report: "Stiegelmeier admitted to drinking "Joose", an alcoholic beverage".

Here's my proof professor. Let me know if you need additional citations: http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ent/p3/a407430

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              He was the States Attorney when I went through my ordeal as well. He treated me fairly with the charges. I was wrong in my actions and took my punishment. I was told if my BAC had been lower I could have gotten a lawyer and tried to argue it down to wreckless.
                              it would not surprise me if that is what Stig’s attorney is working on. Stig has not run out of options yet.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                The beauty of His Grace...forgiveness of sin, Stig understands this...it doesn't mean he will get any of that grace from the north or the south, Stig understands this as well. Actually have found myself laughing at a lot of the posts from the Yote board and Bisonville.

What I don't get are the overarching conspiracy theories that something was being hidden or that it was being hushed by the school or Stig or the BPD. I'm no lawyer at all but it doesn't seem out of the question for us not to hear about it a 4 weeks later. I also believe that he may have said "juice" and that the officer misunderstood it as Joose.

I posed this question on another board as well... I would hope to hear a lawyers opinion on the fact that it took 4 weeks or so for this to come out. Is it really a conspiracy theory or a cover up if it isn't disclosed immediately by the school, Police department or individual?
                                In my opinion the fact that this was known in Brookings a the PD and didn't get out for 30 days is more amazing. Also, with the Jacks not having the media jackals following the police blotter nightly in town it slipped by. In Fargo this would not have happened as Forum follows the arrest reports diligently. I think Matt Zimmer is not wanting to rock the boat and get kicked out of practice

Comment

Working...
                                X