Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I tend to believe Stig. He's owning it. Wish it wouldn't have taken a month to come out but the fact that he goes on KWSN and does a live interview? That's pretty remarkable IMO. I do hope he reconsiders releasing his punishment to the public.
    My assumption would be that they were trying to get the charges dropped or dismissed considering it was only a 0.08. Just my guess.

Im surprised how it poorly this was done with the punishment, etc. He said in the interview that Sell and him hadn’t talked since the incident. Don’t you think you’d have some PR things lined up regarding this for when it was released? Seemed a little disorganized.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      My assumption would be that they were trying to get the charges dropped or dismissed considering it was only a 0.08. Just my guess.

Im surprised how it poorly this was done with the punishment, etc. He said in the interview that Sell and him hadn’t talked since the incident. Don’t you think you’d have some PR things lined up regarding this for when it was released? Seemed a little disorganized.
      I don't think his BAC has been published. Initially Keloland said .08 but they since edited that story. Everything that I've seen including the police report say 0.08 or higher.

Comment

I have been down this road before, dang near as long as some of the players on the team have been alive. Unless he is a closet alcoholic, which I doubt, I am sure he feels as small, stupid, and ashamed as a person could be. Now, assuming he isn't a closet drunk (which I believe), I could see it very plausible to have a couple of drinks and not really knew what hit you. I remember it happening in the old days at college with some freshmen. Why he decided to drink, only he knows, but he seems like he is stepping up, assuming his role, and ready to move on.

Like I said, I have been down that road, thankfully neither Stig or I hurt anyone. He will pay his fine to society and move on. I don't condone drinking and driving but it has become a big issue around here. Honestly I think some of it is revenue reasons, but I digress. Either way, a little fun with this for a day or so isn't a bug deal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          I have been down this road before, dang near as long as some of the players on the team have been alive. Unless he is a closet alcoholic, which I doubt, I am sure he feels as small, stupid, and ashamed as a person could be. Now, assuming he isn't a closet drunk (which I believe), I could see it very plausible to have a couple of drinks and not really knew what hit you. I remember it happening in the old days at college with some freshmen. Why he decided to drink, only he knows, but he seems like he is stepping up, assuming his role, and ready to move on.

Like I said, I have been down that road, thankfully neither Stig or I hurt anyone. He will pay his fine to society and move on. I don't condone drinking and driving but it has become a big issue around here. Honestly I think some of it is revenue reasons, but I digress. Either way, a little fun with this for a day or so isn't a bug deal IMO.
          Like I said, it isn't right, its illegal, but some of the fodder on here was sure entertaining

Comment

• Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

I can just about guarantee that his BAC was well over .08. You don't casually drink joose. Yes I know Stig says he wasn't drinking joose but I will tend to believe the Brookings police officers. Had his BAC been around the legal limit I bet they wouldn't have charged it out. Mark my words his BAC will be around 2.5 times the legal limit and it takes an experienced drinker to get that high. I know this post will probably rub a lot of people the wrong way just as my post did when I said Austin Hansen was taking a coaching job at USD and nobody wanted to believe me. I know many will think I'm throwing wild speculation out there but this comes from my experience of what I have seen out of joose drinkers.
            With all this being said I think Stig is a good guy. He's always seemed like a stand up guy. I don't blame him for not being completely honest about this. I don't think most people would.

Comment

• Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
              I can just about guarantee that his BAC was well over .08. You don't casually drink joose. Yes I know Stig says he wasn't drinking joose but I will tend to believe the Brookings police officers. Had his BAC been around the legal limit I bet they wouldn't have charged it out. Mark my words his BAC will be around 2.5 times the legal limit and it takes an experienced drinker to get that high. I know this post will probably rub a lot of people the wrong way just as my post did when I said Austin Hansen was taking a coaching job at USD and nobody wanted to believe me. I know many will think I'm throwing wild speculation out there but this comes from my experience of what I have seen out of joose drinkers.
              With all this being said I think Stig is a good guy. He's always seemed like a stand up guy. I don't blame him for not being completely honest about this. I don't think most people would.
              Speculation regarding coaching moves is nowhere near equivalent to your Joose and BAC speculation, but hey, if you ever have trouble at your day job, you have that "Joose expert" career to fall back on.

Comment

Regarding "joose" . . . it was the interpretation of the arresting officer that Stig said "Joose". Now, for instance, it is possible he was indeed enjoying that beverage prior to his unfortunate encounter with the ditch. But it's also possible that (for instance) he said "juice" as a generic euphemism for alcoholic beverage, and this was interpreted by the officer as naming the trade name of the beverage.

I wasn't there, I don't know what he said, I don't know what the officer heard. Neither was anyone else except Stig and the police officer. Therefore we are interpreting what the principals in the arrest are saying.

I simply note that the officer did not actually observe Stig drinking Joose, but interpreted what Stig said to mean that Joose was the beverage he had been imbibing.

As a guy beginning to get close enough to 60 to be nervous, I admit I had no idea what Joose was before today . . . Stig of course works with 18-22 year old young men, and probably knows far more about current young adult culture than I do. It stretches my personal sense of credulity however that he'd be out and about after a vigorous session of filling out Form 1040, slugging down a Joose and doing donuts on 8th St. South.

(I do wonder why the heck he doesn't have something in his refrigerator he could snack on if he had the munchies. I mean, really? A PBJ sandwich or something?)

Now, if it turns out he actually was drinking Joose, not only is it going to be total open season for hilarious, creative, cruel comedy, but he's got a much more serious future credibility problem than he does even now, after his radio interview today.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Regarding "joose" . . . it was the interpretation of the arresting officer that Stig said "Joose". Now, for instance, it is possible he was indeed enjoying that beverage prior to his unfortunate encounter with the ditch. But it's also possible that (for instance) he said "juice" as a generic euphemism for alcoholic beverage, and this was interpreted by the officer as naming the trade name of the beverage.
                  I wondered that too, as I've heard folks refer to wine as "juice." Moreover, if it wasn't Joose, the media should be taken to task for lax verification, as several of the accounts specifically mentioned something to the effect of "Joose, a malt beverage" in their accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    I wondered that too, as I've heard folks refer to wine as "juice." Moreover, if it wasn't Joose, the media should be taken to task for lax verification, as several of the accounts specifically mentioned something to the effect of "Joose, a malt beverage" in their accounts.
                    I would think he has a pretty good attorney who is working behind the scenes and I would not be surprised to see the charges reduced or even dropped. I think his high moral road that he has taken possibly prevents this from happening. The judge may choose to make an example out of him. Our USD fans and Yote53, especially want his arse crucified. Cramps or no cramps. JOOSE OR NO JOOSE, they want justice to prevail.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-01-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      The judge may choose to make an example out of him.
                      When I was there 8-10 years ago, I believe the judge or someone high up that dealt with these things had a family member killed by a drunk driver. They tended to try to make an example out of everyone. Not sure if that person is still around

Comment

I have to give a ton of props to Stig for going on a radio show the day that something like this comes out. Most of the time you'll see an official addressing of the media with no questions. You could tell that the questions he was being asked were not prepared and the radio guys weren't pulling any punches. To me, that's really telling. If someone has nothing to hide, they won't be afraid of going on the radio like that.

It would make so much sense if the officer misinterpreted any reference Stig was making to juice. I'm guessing Stig had no idea what Joose is before seeing it in the arrest report. If the officer really did misinterpret juice for Joose and didn't ask Stig to clarify before putting it in the report, that's such an unfortunate oversight, because that's all anyone outside of SDSU will ever think about Stig from now on, regardless of Stig saying it's not true.

It would be really interesting to see the video of the arrest and the audio from when he was being questioned in the police car. I'm guessing we'll never see/hear it. I'm curious if part of the court proceedings will involve trying to get that part of the report cleared up and corrected. The missing piece of the puzzle is his BAC, which I hope comes out and some point.

If it does turn out that it was an accident having Joose be a part of the report, I still don't regret the posts referencing it, because that was what we knew at the time, and since this is a forum, I don't have to abide by the assumption that everyone is "innocent until proven guilty".

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                          When I was there 8-10 years ago, I believe the judge or someone high up that dealt with these things had a family member killed by a drunk driver. They tended to try to make an example out of everyone. Not sure if that person is still around
                          I have no idea who this person might be.

Life is precious. I am happy with my two DUI's that no one was killed or injured. I might still be paying for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            You’re right. Take the media to task for reporting that the word “Joose” is contained in the police report, which it is. How dare they quote a word used in the report from the arresting officer.

Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I would think he has a pretty good attorney who is working behind the scenes and I would not be surprised to see the charges reduced or even dropped. I think his high moral road that has taken possibly prevents this from happening. The judge may choose to make an example out of him. Our USD fans and Yote53, especially want his arse crucified. Cramps or no cramps. JOOSE OR NO JOOSE, they want justice to prevail.
                              So you are saying Stig should find an attorney that is not yote alumni. I know a young man who was able to get some type of imposition for the first offense. He also is still attending AA meetings and he is still sober. I would assume he had a steeper drinking problem than Stig. If everyone wants to know the whole story, I would guess that the information will be public knowledge as far as the judicial system. Meanwhile, those who find the compassion may hope that Stig moves through this situation and get his life on track as a leader and coach of young men knowing that anyone can make serious mistakes and recover their lives again. The yotes wanting justice may need to wait for another day for that court to rule.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                                A judge with any integrity at all would recuse himself form hearing any cases if he had any pre-conceived prejudices shouldn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                X