Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    I'd like to think he was going to the window at George's.
    Ooooh George's... I can imagine the desire for their pizza after drinking Joose is uncontrollable.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Ooooh George's... I can imagine the desire for their pizza after drinking Joose is uncontrollable.
      The perfect late night combination.

Comment

Reading this thread in my office, laughing like a crazy person... People walking by must think I'm crazy. Best thread I've ever read on this site!!

Comment

Imagine Timmy, the Taco Johns drive thru window guy, taking the order, or the George's window guy, had he made it of course...."I swear you guys....Coach Stig JUST came through drive, completely smashed..." what a literally unbelievable story he'da had....

"yeah right Timmy, yeah right".

I just can't imagine any scenario taking place where Coach wouldn't have at the very least been outed that night, let alone arrested for dui.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            I'd like to think he was going to the window at George's.
            Ahh yes. What we always refer to as "drunk crust" so much better @2AM for some reason. Must be because it is so expensive out the window. They know that and make it extra good accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

9 days before the offense, Joose tweets out "You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing." Possible inspiration for Stig's Joose ouburst? Can't make this stuff up.

https://twitter.com/TeamJOOSE/status/954516553642295296

Comment

9 days before the offense, Joose tweets out "You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing." Possible inspiration for Stig's Joose ouburst? Can't make this stuff up.

https://twitter.com/TeamJOOSE/status/954516553642295296
                1-0 no Joose just wine. On to the summit league

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  That is why my wife drives all the time. She usually only has one drink(except for the cubbys bloody marys, then she has 2). My one crown water is probably enough to put me past .08. Or 2 glasses of wine. But if he hadnt eaten all day, im guessing it wouldnt take much to get him to .08
                  It is funny that if you take your wife out for your anniversary and have 2 drinks, you have to worry that you could get a DUI on the way home. I'm not saying that happened in this case but I'm sure it has happened. That is just the world we live in now.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    It is funny that if you take your wife out for your anniversary and have 2 drinks, you have to worry that you could get a DUI on the way home. I'm not saying that happened in this case but I'm sure it has happened. That is just the world we live in now.
                    If you ever witnessed an accident where people loose their lives because the driver of the other car that caused the accident had over .08 in their blood alcohol content, then maybe you would think these laws are not so stupid. There are two people who saved my life and those of others and they are the two arresting officers in California and Ohio who arrested me for a DUI. It can not be fun for a patrol officer who has to investigate what happened. I believe there is the saying that no one is above the law even a football coach with a pious outlook on life. I know some of you guys are having fun with this joose thing, but its getting very old very fast.

Comment

• Re: Stig Arrested for DUI

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I know so of you guys are having fun with this joose thing, but its getting very old very fast.
                      Sorry, I'm just all joosed up about how Stig, a 61 year old well respected D1 football coach who many thought he had never had a drop of alcohol, was drinking Joose. It's such a joosy story, I just can't let it go.

I think I'm done now.

Probably not though.

Comment

Sorry, I'm just all joosed up about how Stig, a 61 year old well respected D1 football coach who many thought he had never had a drop of alcohol, was drinking Joose. It's such a joosy story, I just can't let it go.

I think I'm done now.

Probably not though.
                        Actually, the facts of the matter, at least those discussed so far by Stig, are I think quite consistent with somebody who almost never drinks and therefore doesn't have a fully calibrated sense of what alcohol can do to you, without you quite realizing it.

And, if you listened to the KWSN interview, did you catch that earlier that day he went to a wake in Huron? That's rarely the start of a really, really good day for anybody.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Actually, the facts of the matter, at least those discussed so far by Stig, are I think quite consistent with somebody who almost never drinks and therefore doesn't have a fully calibrated sense of what alcohol can do to you, without you quite realizing it.

And, if you listened to the KWSN interview, did you catch that earlier that day he went to a wake in Huron? That's rarely the start of a really, really good day for anybody.
                          Actually, there are also facts in the police report. If he was in fact drinking Joose, every post has been completely called for.

I haven't heard the interview yet, sounds like they're going to play it again shortly for anyone else interested.

Comment

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Just listened to the KWSN interview.

Summary of Stig's words:

He went to a wake and Capers earlier that day. Went home and the mistake of having some alcohol and deciding to drive.

He had some wine and doesn't know how much, but too much to get him in trouble after not eating all day.

He says that the fact that the police report says he had Joose is not true at all.

He took a breathalyzer, but doesn't know what his BAC is.

He says we haven't found out about it for a month because of his lawyer's direction.

He says that his penalty doesn't need to be made public, and it's going to be self imposed.

He says that if a player would get a DUI, it would be a game suspension and $1,000 off their scholarship.

He says that a suspension hasn't been discussed and a different type of punishment was discussed but is tbd.

He says he knows he's let people down and it's been convicting every day since it's happened.

He says that he has never decided to drink and drive before this.

He says he's never even tasted beer, didn't drink in college and this is a rare deal.

Comment

Seriously a Joose? I don't think I've had a Joose/Four Loko since high school when they had caffeine.

Comment

• Re: Stig Arreates for DUI

Just listened to the KWSN interview.

Summary of Stig's words:

He went to a wake and Capers earlier that day. Went home and the mistake of having some alcohol and deciding to drive.

He had some wine and doesn't know how much, but too much to get him in trouble after not eating all day.

He says that the fact that the police report says he had Joose is not true at all.

He took a breathalyzer, but doesn't know what his BAC is.

He says we haven't found out about it for a month because of his lawyer's direction.

He says that his penalty doesn't need to be made public, and it's going to be self imposed.

He says that if a player would get a DUI, it would be a game suspension and $1,000 off their scholarship.

He says that a suspension hasn't been discussed and a different type of punishment was discussed but is tbd.

He says he knows he's let people down and it's been convicting every day since it's happened.

He says that he has never decided to drink and drive before this.

He says he's never even tasted beer, didn't drink in college and this is a rare deal.
                                Thanks for posting this. I tend to believe Stig. He's owning it. Wish it wouldn't have taken a month to come out but the fact that he goes on KWSN and does a live interview? That's pretty remarkable IMO. I do hope he reconsiders releasing his punishment to the public.

Comment

Working...
                                X