X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Recruiting List

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Would he be offensive or defensive line and what is heavy weight range for wrestling?
    285 lbs is top weight category for college wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      I believe we are one of the few programs so far that have said he is free to compete in both sports. One of the biggest draws for us and him coming here. That said I think he’d serve better at NT at 290-295 although a pulling guard at 6’5-6’6”, 290ish would be pretty devastating as well. Nash normally is around 300-305 for FB right now anyway. I think 295ish would allow him to make % weight drop relatively easily after FB is over. His skills and conditioning won’t be lacking.

I’d also anticipate he will compete heavily in wrestling in the off season, the kid loves being on the mat.
      I completely agree. I just can’t inagine my kid taking that type of beating all year long.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Would he be offensive or defensive line and what is heavy weight range for wrestling?
        I think he’s mainly being recruited to be an OG in College and yes 285 is the top weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          285 lbs is top weight category for college wrestling.
          Depends I would guess if he goes Oline he could probably get well above that. Playing interior d line probably close enough to it.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm wondering too if he could play Def line for football ,he can charge really hard, has great strength and pretty good quickness and agility to get around an Off lineman trying to block him out of the play. He would really be difficult for any Off lineman to handle.He could be a little lighter than he would have to be for O line, helps him make weight in wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I completely agree. I just can’t inagine my kid taking that type of beating all year long.
              He could try it if he likes ,he can alway's drop one sport if it takes too much out of him,injury risk might be greater, obviously playing two sports at collegiate level.How many sports did Bo Jackson compete at ,I know two for sure, at the PRO level no less.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                He could try it if he likes ,he can alway's drop one sport if it takes too much out of him,injury risk might be greater, obviously playing two sports at collegiate level.How many sports did Bo Jackson compete at ,I know two for sure, at the PRO level no less.
                Schedule offers more time to recover between baseball and football versus football and wrestling. Plus, baseball probably less of an injury risk than wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Three he also ran Track.

Comment

What sports does nash do for high scool?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What sports does nash do for high scool?
                      FB, Wrestling & Track Field

Comment

If I had to lay money down: if Nash wants to do both sports he will go to SDSU. If he wants to play football my money is on Nebraska. If he just wants to wrestle he will be SDSU bound. I would also lay money down he will not,want to wrestle and play football
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          If I had to lay money down: if Nash wants to do both sports he will go to SDSU. If he wants to play football my money is on Nebraska. If he just wants to wrestle he will be SDSU bound. I would also lay money down he will not,want to wrestle and play football
                          Don't underestimate how much they liked Bono before he left.

Comment

[QUOTE=slosho;333711]Don't underestimate how much they liked Bono before he left.[/QU

key words are that Bono left.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Don't underestimate how much they liked Bono before he left.
                              When it's all said and done, Hutmacher will be a Badger. The only question is football...wrestling...or both?
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Nash was one of the young men roaming the sidelines at Hobo Day. I talked with Joe in the tailgate area and their family is taking in the whole recruitment process one school at a time. Two weeks ago Nebraska, last week Wisconsin and Saturday was the Jacks turn. They are supportive of whatever direction Nash chooses.

Nash is still a young man who has so much to sort out. Apparently he had an interest in engineering, but now sports management is something he’s considering. What a great time to be a talented young man with the world at your fingertips! It speaks volumes that SDSU is at the same recruiting table with so many Power 5 schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X