X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Recruiting List

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Jaden Mueller longsnapper out of Johnston Iowa committs.
    Very excited to see him commit, We have been spoiled for many years and look to continue to be spoiled. The nice thing about our recent longsnappers is the only time we hear their name it is either because they made a tackle or are receiving an honor. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Nice I remember him. He took over for Bobby Bouche's cousin Noel? Or was it the other way around? Didnt they use to play under center then? I recall Brad nelson lining up under center because he seemed pretty tall having to squat down. Sorry for the random drift.
      This is what I recall. Andy did a good job. I helped him with my scholarship one year. The scholarship committee pick him, not me, a great choice though. I recall Noel did a great job too!

Comment

Nice I remember him. He took over for Bobby Bouche's cousin Noel? Or was it the other way around? Didnt they use to play under center then? I recall Brad nelson lining up under center because he seemed pretty tall having to squat down. Sorry for the random drift.
        They were both great players. Noel had some injury issues IIRC. Andy did a nice job and yes it was mostly under center and utilizing a fullback at the time. Lead draw with Ranek was damn near unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          They were both great players. Noel had some injury issues IIRC. Andy did a nice job and yes it was mostly under center and utilizing a fullback at the time. Lead draw with Ranek was damn near unstoppable.
          The Olineman Rock I don't think gets enough credit for opening some of those holes Ranek enjoyed. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't mind seeing a QB line up under center again. That would be a good twist.

aren't there former SDSU players who are high school coaches that seem to help some recruits get to SDSU?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

aren't there former SDSU players who are high school coaches that seem to help some recruits get to SDSU?
            Alot. Sounds like a great research project for you.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Alot. Sounds like a great research project for you.
              I assumed someone kept up on that stuff. Last research paper for my International Health Systems class focused on water quality in Nigeria. Currently I am working on a group project on the future of preventative health services in the US. So I guess former players who are H.S coaches will have to remain a mystery.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The Olineman Rock I don't think gets enough credit for opening some of those holes Ranek enjoyed. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't mind seeing a QB line up under center again. That would be a good twist.

Yeah. Matt was really, really good. Big and moved well. He played tackle. Nate Scheuer & Doug Schultz were the guards. Matt Berry & Brad Beck Centers. I know there are three a handful of football alums on the staff at Watertown alone. Hodorff, Chris Tracy, & Will Castle.

Comment

Matt Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    Yeah. Matt was really, really good. Big and moved well. He played tackle. Nate Scheuer & Doug Schultz were the guards. Matt Berry & Brad Beck Centers. I know there are three a handful of football alums on the staff at Watertown alone. Hodorff, Chris Tracy, & Will Castle.
                    He also stepped on my right ankle for a whole year in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      He also stepped on my right ankle for a whole year in HS.
                      He had a younger brother. Marcus?

Comment

yup, Married Paige McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          yup, Married Paige McCoy.
                          Why does that name sound familiar? Justin's sister?

Comment

Why does that name sound familiar? Justin's sister?
                            Indeed, And she at least 6' so their kids will likely not be short.

Comment

Jacks extend PWO offers to a pair of defensive backs today.
                              Steven Arrell from Osseo https://twitter.com/arrellsteven/sta...902562816?s=21
                              Frankie Allen from Papillion https://twitter.com/frankie_a2/statu...209495552?s=21
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

We missed it last week with all the talk of who is dating who... but the Jacks extended a scholarship offer to a really slick running back from Arizona.

Daveon Hunter https://twitter.com/daveon4l/status/...300822016?s=21
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X