X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Recruiting List

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Recruiting is so interesting to me. Seems there isn’t a ton of hype around this class but I remember a couple years ago when there was a ton of hype with Daniel Callendar and other people and that class didn’t turn out great. This years class looks solid all the way around. Development is key for any recruiting class. Are any of these players enrolling early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On paper, this is one of, if not the, best class ever. At least 7 of them have FBS offers and we beat NDSU on a bunch of them. No players enrolling early at this time.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Recruiting is so interesting to me. Seems there isn’t a ton of hype around this class but I remember a couple years ago when there was a ton of hype with Daniel Callendar and other people and that class didn’t turn out great. This years class looks solid all the way around. Development is key for any recruiting class. Are any of these players enrolling early?

If you don't think there is hype around this class you have not looked at the background of these individuals. I don't believe we have ever won so many recruiting battles over FBS and other Missouri Valley offers.

Comment

Mathias Algarin to Nebraska
        Ty Hahn to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          If you don't think there is hype around this class you have not looked at the background of these individuals. I don't believe we have ever won so many recruiting battles over FBS and other Missouri Valley offers.
          Yeah I suppose I should sit down for a couple hours and do some research. I was just basing the hype off this forum being dry the past couple days. Sounds like this class is great. Looking forward to the future!

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
            Mathias Algarin to Nebraska
            Ty Hahn to Nebraska.
            Algarin has freakish speed, but I really believe he will get lost in the mix with their athletes.
            Hahn may make it. He's one of those walk-on types that can thrive with hard work. However, he should have probably gone to Wyoming like he had been leaning towards. Scott Frost's late offer of earning a scholarship after two years to become a Husker was too much for him to turn down.

Comment

The lack of hype leading up to today probably had something to do with the hangover from a disappointing end to our season. I know I have stayed away from much football talk lately

Comment

Zim says Jace Taylor is NOT signing today.

Comment

Was kind of expecting he might be the only holdout.

Comment

Taylor fliped to UTEP last night. Gronowski had a late offer come in and is taking his time making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Taylor fliped to UTEP last night. Gronowski had a late offer come in and is taking his time making a decision.
                      Gronowski is as good as gone then too. Who is his other late offer from?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Gronowski is as good as gone then too. Who is his other late offer from?
                        Not sure.

It stinks to loser Taylor because his size/speed combo is unique but I think we'll end up okay. Lots of talent at wide receiver out there.

One name to keep an eye on at QB is Jackson Waring. The Jacks actually offered him before Gronowski but then Waring got a PWO offer from Iowa, thought he was going to blow up but no other offers ever really emerged. He had a "Jackrabbit Scholarship" from SDSU so he would have been the 2021 class QB. We'll see if he gets the 2020 scholarship if Gronowski continues to waffle.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          UTEP's last 3 seasons:

1-11
                          1-11
                          0-12

Jace will be able to call himself an FBS football player but he will be going to a team that we would beat more often than not. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            UTEP's last 3 seasons:

1-11
                            1-11
                            0-12

Jace will be able to call himself an FBS football player but he will be going to a team that we would beat more often than not. SMH.
                            Much closer to home too.

Comment

Losing Taylor sucks but we would really be hurting to lose our QB as well...

Comment

Losing a QB is tough, but I'd have second thoughts coming here too if playing time is at the top of the list. Gibbs and Heide both have 3 years of eligibility left and there's the potential to redshirt Heide in the next year or two and could have the next four years locked up. You have to be confident in your abilities when signing with a team, but it would be a tactic that another coaching staff could promote that you could play for another team sooner than with the Jackrabbits.

Locking up QB recruits in the next class or two may be more important than this year's class. I can also see adding depth with D1 transfers in the next couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X