This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Recruiting List

Anybody know anything about #9 from Canton? Kaden Verley. He's fun to watch.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      Anybody know anything about #9 from Canton? Kaden Verley. He's fun to watch.
      Has offers from USF, Northern & Augie per his Twitter. Spencer Erickson (recruiting area is SD), assistant DL coach follows him. Good all around athlete.

Comment

• 2020 Recruiting List

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Viborg-Hurley QB Chase Mason is impressive. Haven't watched him enough to tell if he's D1 material, but he's just a junior. He's got an odd throwing motion, but he can wing it, and he can run the ball well too. It has to be so hard to recruit from 9 man football though. It's just such a different game, and not to mention the level of competition is usually lacking. Definitely the potential for diamonds in the rough though (see Dallas Goedert).
        Chase Mason is a freak athlete. 6 foot 4 and can jump out of the roof. You should see some of the videos of him dunking. I would definitely love to see him at WR or DB for SDSU. The size and jumping ability could be deadly at WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
          Chase Mason is a freak athlete. 6 foot 4 and can jump out of the roof. You should see some of the videos of him dunking. I would definitely love to see him at WR or DB for SDSU. The size and jumping ability could be deadly at WR.

Chase Mason was on campus today for a visit. Class of 2021 if someone wants to move these posts out of this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            Chase Mason was on campus today for a visit. Class of 2021 if someone wants to move these posts out of this thread...

Nice. Glad to hear it. I was really impressed by him in their championship game.

Comment

The blowout win over UNI is huge for regional recruiting as we compete with UNI for recruits on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                The blowout win over UNI is huge for regional recruiting as we compete with UNI for recruits on a regular basis.
                1 win in a single game has little to no bearing when it comes to a kid's final decision. Does it hurt, no. Is it "huge", no.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  1 win in a single game has little to no bearing when it comes to a kid's final decision. Does it hurt, no. Is it "huge", no.
                  Did I say that was single defining factor?

Comment

Did I say that was single defining factor?
                    No. Did I say you did? No.

I simply pointed out "huge" is not accurate as a recruiting factor in describing our win over UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Grant Taggee verballed to Nebraska as a PWO. He had just a PWO from us.

I think the coaches are still looking for another OL, a quick twitch running back, a tight end and maybe another defensive tackle.

Our verbal commits are drawing interest from other schools but so far no P5 offers to worry about. Unfortunately it looks like Nebraska and Wyoming will have plenty of time to recruit in December before the early signing day. Not sure if anyone is paying attention but Randy Keumogne from Tartan is having a huge senior season. He's really starting to figure it out (just his second season of playing football). Brandon Lane is bouncing back after a slow start to his season. The Kusler twins are about as dominant at the linebacker position as you will see in South Dakota.

Jace Taylor and Mark Gronowski are probably the players I'm most worried about. Similar to when we had Taryn, finding and keeping a good backup quarterback is going to be really hard. Gronowski is really really good. Slosho and I have talked in private messages and neither of us would be shocked if he competed to start as a rFR. That's with J'Bore being a junior. He can throw and run and has good size. I'm worried about Jace because he took down his commitment tweet shortly after he posted it. Arizona State has a habit of stealing our AZ recruits. He has a great combo of size, hands, and speed. Again, I wouldn't be shocked if he jumped but luckily we have two other really good receivers committed.
                      WestSideRabbit, any updates on verbal commits and or decommits? Getting close to signing day!

Comment

WestSideRabbit, any updates on verbal commits and or decommits? Getting close to signing day!
                        No decommits. Jace Taylor did get an offer from UTEP today. As seasons wind down for FBS programs though, they will go out and try to flip. Dec 18 can't get here soon enough.

Still looking for a second RB and TE and 1 if not 2 OL. I think defense is set but would likely set but could add some PWO type guys.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Jacks get running back committ from Avian Thomas from Missouri.

Comment

Max VanMeter verbals. DL from Kansas.
                            https://twitter.com/maximusvanmeter/...783964163?s=21
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/7666246

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              1st team allstate in Kansas!

Comment

1st team allstate in Kansas!

Great commit. He will do just great.

Comment

Working...