Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164

Thread: 2020 Recruiting List

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    4,547

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Finding talent is one thing. Getting them to commit to SDSU is much more difficult.
    That was my thought too. I prolly could have found that guy.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,574

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Judging from the other offers, Harper must have a very good academic record. Several Ivy League offers. I donít think he will show up in Brookings anytime soon.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Judging from the other offers, Harper must have a very good academic record. Several Ivy League offers. I don’t think he will show up in Brookings anytime soon.
    I'm not saying you're wrong. He likely won't be a Jack. But it is kinda what folks said about Jerod DePriest, Devin Blakely, and Diamond Evans last year....

    There is a reason the coaches make these offers. Things don't always work out for the student athlete in the recruiting process for a variety of reason. Injury, coaching changes, down season, etc. The Jacks rarely back out of offers if that position still has open slots and that offer, no matter how much of a longshot, can often pay dividends.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,424

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    I think there will be a pipeline of native Nebraskans from UNL of kids who either walked on or other and see no path to playing.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,574

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong. He likely won't be a Jack. But it is kinda what folks said about Jerod DePriest, Devin Blakely, and Diamond Evans last year....

    There is a reason the coaches make these offers. Things don't always work out for the student athlete in the recruiting process for a variety of reason. Injury, coaching changes, down season, etc. The Jacks rarely back out of offers if that position still has open slots and that offer, no matter how much of a longshot, can often pay dividends.
    Maybe the magic of Jimmy Rogers persuasion will kick in and Harper does show up! Who knows? This would be big.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,574

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong. He likely won't be a Jack. But it is kinda what folks said about Jerod DePriest, Devin Blakely, and Diamond Evans last year....

    There is a reason the coaches make these offers. Things don't always work out for the student athlete in the recruiting process for a variety of reason. Injury, coaching changes, down season, etc. The Jacks rarely back out of offers if that position still has open slots and that offer, no matter how much of a longshot, can often pay dividends.
    I did googles on the three you mentioned and all had multiple offers, all three very talented, but if your thinking like a 77 year old, with all these offers, you have wonder how many doors that degree will open. The Ivy League seems to be king in that department. It does not seem fair, but it is reality in life and in the job market. So if Harper is thinking long term and getting ahead in life, it seems logical to take an Ivy League offer. Winning and Losing college games means little in the long run. I am not questioning our coaching staff making an offer, there are 3 or 4 Ivy League offers that we have to compete against.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-04-2019 at 10:34 PM.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,574

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright


  8. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    1,284

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Kemo - thanks for the updates, but why are you scouring high school football twitter accounts at 2:30 in the morning?

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,574

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
    Kemo - thanks for the updates, but why are you scouring high school football twitter accounts at 2:30 in the morning?
    LOL, It was only 1:30am here in the Rockies. Sometimes a guy just can't sleep until they know who their college football program has offered
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright


  10. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    1,284

    Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

    Somehow I missed getting this recruit posted. Mike Sauter from the Omaha World Herald had him listed.

    WR/S - Nate Sullivan, Jr., 6'3" 185, Bellevue, NE (West) - HUDL
    Offers: UNI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •