Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting List

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting List

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

https://247sports.com/Player/Nash-Hutmacher-46056120

Nash man hits the 4 star ranking...I suspect he will be 5 by the time he is a SR. Throw in what he'll be getting on 9/1 when wrestling can start offering him and his recruitment will be, "grab the popcorn and watch the show". I still think we are in the discussion, only because we will be one of the schools that will let him do both FB and wrestling plus the ease at which his parents can come to watch him compete. But at that it will be difficult to compete with the P5's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    https://247sports.com/Player/Nash-Hutmacher-46056120

Nash man hits the 4 star ranking...I suspect he will be 5 by the time he is a SR. Throw in what he'll be getting on 9/1 when wrestling can start offering him and his recruitment will be, "grab the popcorn and watch the show". I still think we are in the discussion, only because we will be one of the schools that will let him do both FB and wrestling plus the ease at which his parents can come to watch him compete. But at that it will be difficult to compete with the P5's.
    Bono was in Chamberlain on first day Wrestling coaches can have contact with recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Bono was in Chamberlain on first day Wrestling coaches can have contact with recruits.
    So was Hahn. So will every other wrestling coach from a major program.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Is sdsu or anyone trying to persuade him he can wrestle and foosball. Or will it be one or the other.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Is sdsu or anyone trying to persuade him he can wrestle and foosball. Or will it be one or the other.
    Wrestling, football, and foosball -- he'll be a three-sport star

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Can he do that? I’m no expert at either but I believe it will be really difficult for him to gain and lose weight for each sport. I suppose he’d have to play football under 300lbs to he could lose the weight quickly. Possible, but very difficult. I personally think both sports are too demanding to compete in both. If he was playing football and throwing shot putt it’d be different.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

I believe we are one of the few programs so far that have said he is free to compete in both sports. One of the biggest draws for us and him coming here. That said I think he’d serve better at NT at 290-295 although a pulling guard at 6’5-6’6”, 290ish would be pretty devastating as well. Nash normally is around 300-305 for FB right now anyway. I think 295ish would allow him to make % weight drop relatively easily after FB is over. His skills and conditioning won’t be lacking.

I’d also anticipate he will compete heavily in wrestling in the off season, the kid loves being on the mat.

Would he be offensive or defensive line and what is heavy weight range for wrestling?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.