Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,968

    Default Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    I thought I would just start a thread to dump the links for the position previews that I'm putting out.

    Started with the TE group. In an offense that is going to feature the run game and has Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson, opportunities are going to be limited for the TE but I think this group may get utilized more than people think. It is certainly a deep group. Hart and Kunz will be fixtures but there are others who will see time. FWIW, Zach Heins keeps coming up in conversations with other Jackrabbit coaches. I'd put his TD over/under at 7.5. Schleusner had a lot of good to say about Cavanaugh so hopefully he is healthy and ready to play this year. I'm not sure how fast he'll pick-up the playbook but Tucker Kraft has Dallas Goedert type size and athleticism and he's physically ready to play. It wouldn't shock me if he played in his 4 games.

    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ight-ends.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Great Stuff!! Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is greatly appreciated

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,664

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Quote Originally Posted by westernjack View Post
    Great Stuff!! Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is greatly appreciated
    Yes great stuff. I would not want to fund the grocery bill for these guys. The one who strikes my curiosity is Tucker Kraft from Timber Lake. A huge guy for 9 man football.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 08-05-2019 at 03:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    2,891

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I thought I would just start a thread to dump the links for the position previews that I'm putting out.

    Started with the TE group. In an offense that is going to feature the run game and has Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson, opportunities are going to be limited for the TE but I think this group may get utilized more than people think. It is certainly a deep group. Hart and Kunz will be fixtures but there are others who will see time. FWIW, Zach Heins keeps coming up in conversations with other Jackrabbit coaches. I'd put his TD over/under at 7.5. Schleusner had a lot of good to say about Cavanaugh so hopefully he is healthy and ready to play this year. I'm not sure how fast he'll pick-up the playbook but Tucker Kraft has Dallas Goedert type size and athleticism and he's physically ready to play. It wouldn't shock me if he played in his 4 games.

    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ight-ends.html
    Absolutely loaded group. I almost forgot about Kunz, but he looked really good last year and was the 3rd leading receiver. I expect big things out of him this year. I'm excited to hear about Heins making some noise. His senior highlight video is legit. I'm expecting Kunz and Heins to wreak havoc this year. Going to be tough to get both of them enough looks. However, assuming we're going to lean on the run game more this year, it sets up really well to have 2 TE in the game often, and look for them in play action situations, which will be tough to other teams to defend considering how much they'll have to respect the run. I'm with WestSide in thinking this group will get utilized more than people think. They're definitely an X factor right now with how much teams will be paying attention to the run game and Cade/Anderson.

    Assuming Kraft redshirts this year, but with Kunz a sophomore and Heins a freshman... this group is unreal.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    815

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Any chance for a "5 tight end" play or two?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,435

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I thought I would just start a thread to dump the links for the position previews that I'm putting out.

    Started with the TE group. In an offense that is going to feature the run game and has Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson, opportunities are going to be limited for the TE but I think this group may get utilized more than people think. It is certainly a deep group. Hart and Kunz will be fixtures but there are others who will see time. FWIW, Zach Heins keeps coming up in conversations with other Jackrabbit coaches. I'd put his TD over/under at 7.5. Schleusner had a lot of good to say about Cavanaugh so hopefully he is healthy and ready to play this year. I'm not sure how fast he'll pick-up the playbook but Tucker Kraft has Dallas Goedert type size and athleticism and he's physically ready to play. It wouldn't shock me if he played in his 4 games.

    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ight-ends.html
    Great Job, as usual WestSide!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,968

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Any chance for a "5 tight end" play or two?
    Maybe not 5 but...

    I know this was tongue and cheek but Eck did some cool stuff while at Mankato.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,811

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Absolutely loaded group. I almost forgot about Kunz, but he looked really good last year and was the 3rd leading receiver. I expect big things out of him this year. I'm excited to hear about Heins making some noise. His senior highlight video is legit. I'm expecting Kunz and Heins to wreak havoc this year. Going to be tough to get both of them enough looks. However, assuming we're going to lean on the run game more this year, it sets up really well to have 2 TE in the game often, and look for them in play action situations, which will be tough to other teams to defend considering how much they'll have to respect the run. I'm with WestSide in thinking this group will get utilized more than people think. They're definitely an X factor right now with how much teams will be paying attention to the run game and Cade/Anderson.

    Assuming Kraft redshirts this year, but with Kunz a sophomore and Heins a freshman... this group is unreal.
    I like an offense that keeps pressure on the defense all the time, eventually, we get a big play, run or pass.We have lots of weapons, like that a lot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,968

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Highlighting the running backs today. This group is loaded. Pierre is going to get his share of carries but CJ and Mikey will also get 5-10 carries per game. One thing to note, when Eck was the offensive coordinator at Mankato he ran the ball 46.6 times per game, or 699 times in a 15 game season. 5 guys on that squad had more than 80 attempts on the season. Granted, the Mankato defense was super stout and the offense spent much of the game running out the clock. However, I think this is certainly going to be a ground based offense in 2019.

    Blakley is receiving rave reviews and it will be hard to keep him off the field. We'll see. I feel bad for Mulholland as 10 years ago he would have been a featured player and now he can't get in the lineup. I'm sort of expecting Mikey to return to the role that he had his sophomore season. Sellers is going to get carries this year, how many depends on how effective he is. We only saw a glimpse of what CJ can do so I'm excited for him to be healthy. I'm also excited to get a full year of Pierre.

    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ing-backs.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dell Rapids, SD
    Posts
    2,891

    Default Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Highlighting the running backs today. This group is loaded. Pierre is going to get his share of carries but CJ and Mikey will also get 5-10 carries per game. One thing to note, when Eck was the offensive coordinator at Mankato he ran the ball 46.6 times per game, or 699 times in a 15 game season. 5 guys on that squad had more than 80 attempts on the season. Granted, the Mankato defense was super stout and the offense spent much of the game running out the clock. However, I think this is certainly going to be a ground based offense in 2019.

    Blakley is receiving rave reviews and it will be hard to keep him off the field. We'll see. I feel bad for Mulholland as 10 years ago he would have been a featured player and now he can't get in the lineup. I'm sort of expecting Mikey to return to the role that he had his sophomore season. Sellers is going to get carries this year, how many depends on how effective he is. We only saw a glimpse of what CJ can do so I'm excited for him to be healthy. I'm also excited to get a full year of Pierre.

    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ing-backs.html
    I can't wait to see Pierre again this year, as I'm guessing he'll take another step forward, which is scary to think about how good he can be. Mikey will provide a nice change of pace again, and I'm looking forward to see what CJ can do. Hopefully he stays healthy this year, I would like to see him get a lot of passes out of the backfield getting him into open space. I'm really excited about Blakely, but I do hope he uses the 4 game rule as you mentioned in your article. We are just so stacked at the position already, I would hate to waste a year of his eligibility, unless there's a major injury (knock on wood).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •