Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mastodons(hairy like elephants) at Gates Center

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The defense hasn't exactly been stellar either.
    Agreed, see my other post.

Comment

I’m about to the point of hoping FW gets it over with and takes this one. The thought of seeing Konchar and (especially) this zone D in Sioux Falls is not real enticing.

Comment

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ft Wayne Mastodons

97-90 SDSU, final.
        Last edited by filbert; 02-24-2018, 07:58 PM. Reason: It's nice to be the board owner. Clean up your own mistakes without anyone noticing . . . er . . . oops.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          I’m about to the point of hoping FW gets it over with and takes this one. The thought of seeing Konchar and (especially) this zone D in Sioux Falls is not real enticing.
          Maybe we'll get lucky and NDSU will knock them off.

Comment

Denver winning big at WIU. Will be SDSU/FW rematch in the semi's. (In all likelihood)

Comment

A big win on the road is more solid than some might expect. This is the second loss by Mastodons at home. Jackrabbits hold it together.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Denver winning big at WIU. Will be SDSU/FW rematch in the semi's. (In all likelihood)
                Everyone is thinking it will be SDSU vs. USD in the championship, but with the way Denver beat USD and the way IPFW has played SDSU in both games, it could really be any combination of those 4 in the championship. Any of the other 4 teams making it would surprise me though.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Everyone is thinking it will be SDSU vs. USD in the championship, but with the way Denver beat USD and the way IPFW has played SDSU in both games, it could really be any combination of those 4 in the championship. Any of the other 4 teams making it would surprise me though.
                  The men's side is a far more open field in Sioux Falls than the women's side is. You can't really see anyone except, maybe, on an incredible shooting night for Western Illinois, anybody else seriously challenging USD or SDSU on the women's side.

And, I just came across the info that even Ft. Wayne hates IPFW . . . on July 1, they will become Purdue University-Ft. Wayne and will change their colors from blue and white to Purdue's old gold and black. I was just way ahead of the curve, hating on IPFW.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    The men's side is a far more open field in Sioux Falls than the women's side is. You can't really see anyone except, maybe, on an incredible shooting night for Western Illinois, anybody else seriously challenging USD or SDSU on the women's side.

And, I just came across the info that even Ft. Wayne hates IPFW . . . on July 1, they will become Purdue University-Ft. Wayne and will change their colors from blue and white to Purdue's old gold and black. I was just way ahead of the curve, hating on IPFW.
                    You ole Soothsayer you.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

So they will be PU-fort Wayne
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I knew about the name change, but not the color change, too. I think that's kind of dumb to do, but I'm not the one who has to spend money on new merchandise for the school and fans.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Interesting...from Wikipedia

Indiana University and Purdue University in Fort Wayne will officially separate on July 1, 2018, with IU taking responsibility for IPFW's degree programs in health sciences and Purdue retaining all other academic programs. Thereafter, the Mastodons will represent Purdue University Fort Wayne. [2] With the name change, the school's colors will change from Royal Blue and White to the Old Gold and Black used by the other three Purdue University campuses.[3] Because NCAA rules bar players from two different schools from competing on the same team, future IU Fort Wayne students will not be eligible for Mastodons athletics. At the time the separation was announced, five of the roughly 240 Fort Wayne varsity athletes were in academic majors that would become part of the new IU Fort Wayne campus, with three possibly requiring NCAA waivers to remain athletically eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Considering we just put up 97 on them, I'm not sure their zone D is something that worries me. The fact that we let them score 90 does.

Comment

If we don't figure out the zone defense, I am sure we are going to see a lot more of it. They have a week to get ready

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                Considering we just put up 97 on them, I'm not sure their zone D is something that worries me. The fact that we let them score 90 does.
                                This.

We don't have to figure out how to play against a zone, we just have to make shots. What we do need to do is focus on playing defense and putting teams away.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X