GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ft Wayne Mastodons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ft Wayne Mastodons

2nd year coach Niecee Nelson has 1 senior playing today. She will have 9 freshmen and sophomores coming back next year. The Mastodons are a solid 8 seed with a small hope of improving for next year's season. The Jackrabbit WBB should have little trouble winning at Ft Wayne. The game at Brookings did not look like the Mastodons had players that would start for many teams in the Summit. Nelson may be able to coach a few up for next season. The 4 wins for Ft Wayne this season are at home and include 2 losses to teams from lower divisions are at home too. There is a chance the Mastodons could pull an upset although it would be a very slim chance. Jackrabbits should be in charge of this game at 2pm CST. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ft Wayne Mastodons

Streams for $5.95 on Mastodon site. Looks like MBB may require a second donation?

Comment

No ESPN3 feed for either game?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Streams for $5.95 on Mastodon site. Looks like MBB may require a second donation?
        I think it works like a 24-hour pass. $5.95 should get you both games.

Comment

I agree. 24 hour pass should be good for both. $6 for two games. So far seems like a decent feed for the women’s game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            No ESPN3 feed for either game?
            Nope. This year has been hit and miss for ESPN3. MidcoSN is hardly doing any Jacks games (less thank half as many as they're doing for NDSU). And of course Fort Wayne... is Fort Wayne, so pretty much everything about their operation is bush league.

**BTW: I keep falling for Sidearm Sports apologies when I buy games and their system charges me but doesn't unlock the stream. Guess what? It happened again today. Last time they said they had a technical issue, but had it fixed. Of course they said that two days after the game I couldn't watch. And as it turns out, they lied.
            Last edited by JimmyJack; 02-24-2018, 05:06 PM.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Ft Wayne Mastodons

Sidearm has been good for me all year - from multiple venues. Chrome, IE and IOS. Might be something on your end. Today’s starting playing immediately when I paid - most times it takes a bit.

Somehow FW has managed to about fill that little gym. Could be loud if they want it to. It will be interesting to see if he Jacks stay fully engaged the full game. I hope so and so far it’s looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Nope. This year has been hit and miss for ESPN3. MidcoSN is hardly doing any Jacks games (less thank half as many as they're doing for NDSU). And of course Fort Wayne... is Fort Wayne, so pretty much everything about their operation is bush league.

**BTW: I keep falling for Sidearm Sports apologies when I buy games and their system charges me but doesn't unlock the stream. Guess what? It happened again today. Last time they said they had a technical issue, but had it fixed. Of course they said that two days after the game I couldn't watch. And as it turns out, they lied.
                In regards to NDSU Midco coverage, would the available ND advertising dollars vs the SD advertising dollar be a factor in Midco choices? Just asking!

Comment

I’ve had the same problems with sidearm. Happened again today. Only positive is that they’ve been quick to fix it every time.

Comment

What surprises me is that they evidently thought people from SDSU wouldn't notice they show 2 to 1 sporting events from ND, or worse,didn't care to offer an explanation as to why that is. They just leave you wondering .

I also had something wrong with my old account with Sidearm sports ,so I ditched the old account ..(after I let it expire ,but they wouldn't let me renew for some reason)... and made a new one using a different E-mail (just a g-mail account, easy to get). That seemed to work for me, but, I don't know if you 'd like that option or not.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-24-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      What surprises me is that they evidently thought people from SDSU wouldn't notice they show 2 to 1 sporting events from ND, or worse,didn't care to offer an explanation as to why that is. They just leave you wondering.
                      Have you ever thought that SDSU admin and NDSU admin negotiated differently and SDSU only wanted a certain number of games on TV, which in turn is far less than NDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Have you ever thought that SDSU admin and NDSU admin negotiated differently and SDSU only wanted a certain number of games on TV, which in turn is far less than NDSU?
                        If that's the reason fine, I'd accept that, but, is that the reason? All I'm saying is no one comes up with an explanation, we are kept wondering as to the reason why the aired shows on Midco TV are about 2 to 1 in favor of ND schools. All we get is speculation as to why it is, no clear-cut reason is defined, I'm sure there might be a legitimate reason, but why not state what it is so we can judge for ourselves, why all the secrecy? I don't think I'm the only one wondering why there's a discreprancy.They must like rampant misinformation and speculation being circulated around.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-24-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          All I'm saying is no one comes up with an explanation, we are kept wondering as to the reason why the aired shows on Midco TV are about 2 to 1 in favor of ND schools. All we get is speculation as to why it is, no reason is defined, I'm sure there might be a legitimate reason, but why not state what it is so we can judge for ourselves, why all the secrecy? I don't think I'm the only one wondering why there's a discreprancy.They must like rampant misinformation and speculation being circulated around.
                          Email Tom Nieman or someone else at Midco and ask. Or Justin Sell. Hard to get an explanation if they are not aware of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Email Tom Nieman or someone else at Midco and ask. Or Justin Sell. Hard to get an explanation if they are not aware of the question.
                            Thanks, I thought of doing that, I just ckecked and the Midco chat line is open from 8 am to 12 AM ,so I'll have to wait, it's not a real pressing issue for me, I'm just curious , I just thought someone might know here and save me the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              This seems to be a reasonable answer. Each party involved in the transaction has their bottom line to worry about. Midco, NDSU, and SDSU. NDSU has a new refurbished facility that most people hardly knows exists. TV it’s seems would give exposure. SDSU has this only game in town notion, but seldom drew any where near 5000 despite winning records. So these factors were in play. From Midco’s view, advertising dollars may have been easier to come by in ND. The five or now six NC in football might be driving advertising in basketball games. Just speculating.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 02-25-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X