Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: USD yippin' pups vs SDSU Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Did it go running through the stands high giving fans etc?
    Ha, maybe he took some notes from Otz on how to have some class and act like a professional who's won a regular season game before.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      This. Which is why winning last night was so important. We secured an auto-bid to the NIT. The Summit will be a dog fight and although I like our chances USD certainly won't be an easy out.
      I suppose the players would get to play some more, but

Just my opinion.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        As I spend more time at the live events, I cannot vouch for Brad's performance either way. However, I find that he has come from Kansas and he attended Kansas State. He appears to be an instructor of some science classes at Lincoln and CTE academy in Sioux Falls following about 10 years at USF of math and coaching. If he has a yote connection, the quick scan did not locate this association. He may even watch more Jackrabbit basketball than yotes. He is married with 3 small children. Only on the worldwide web can so much happen for very little!
        Brad also occasionally joins Tyler to do SDSU home radio broadcasts. He seems legit to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I suppose the players would get to play some more, but

Just my opinion.
          Did you feel that way when we beat Colorado State a few years ago?

I understand the NCAA's are the big fish and ultimate goal but the NIT isn't a bad consolation prize either. It's another chance to promote the program.

Comment

I understand the NCAA's are the big fish and ultimate goal but the NIT isn't a bad consolation prize either. It's another chance to promote the program.
            I didn't and not when we gave Vandy all they could handle at their place in the 2nd round that year. But I understand where RowdyRabbit is coming from...NIT is NOT the NCAA tourney.

Comment

Plus, i would think our seed would be better than last time when we were 8th seed in the NIT. Maybe good enough to get a home game? But still, winning the Summit is still on my mind. I think we need to remember there are 6 other teams that could spoil a 3rd matchup between us and the yotes. There seems to be talk on here and the yote forum that a third game is a given. Im hoping someone knocks them off before getting to us and the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I will take off the blue and yellow glasses and say, USD is going to be very difficult to beat in SLT. Defense travels. Shooting comes and goes. Although it would be nice if Mooney had a cold night against SDSU once... that guy has been nails. That's probably my biggest point of optimism... last night USD hit 9 straight shots when we went 0-fer... and made like 10 of 11 in one stretch... (most of them mooney), and the Jackrabbits still came back to win.
                Meh, while I don't disagree with your thoughts I think you are discounting the way we play in the Denny. That is our house. Everyone on the team with the exception of the freshman has nothing but good vibes when they play there. Plus, it will be an 80/20 blue to red crowd. I fully expect to go to Sioux Falls and play their best basketball of the year. If they do, they advance. If not, it will be a dog fight.

Just like beat the Bison in football in the regular season and the playoffs are different things, beating the Jacks in MBB in Sioux Falls is another animal.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Plus, i would think our seed would be better than last time when we were 8th seed in the NIT. Maybe good enough to get a home game? But still, winning the Summit is still on my mind. I think we need to remember there are 6 other teams that could spoil a 3rd matchup between us and the yotes. There seems to be talk on here and the yote forum that a third game is a given. Im hoping someone knocks them off before getting to us and the championship game.
                  Guys, guys, guys. There should be zero talk of the NIT. We have team this year that can go to the NCAA Tournament and win. NCAA or bust.

As I look at the game against Ft. Wayne it's a damned if you. Damned if you don't. If you believe you have the best team none of this matters. Beat Ft Wayne & they'll probably be the four seed. Lose to Ft Wayne & Denver probably will be the four seed. I know which team I would rather play in the semis.

Looking forward to the tournament.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                    Guys, guys, guys. There should be zero talk of the NIT. We have team this year that can go to the NCAA Tournament and win. NCAA or bust.

As I look at the game against Ft. Wayne it's a damned if you. Damned if you don't. If you believe you have the best team none of this matters. Beat Ft Wayne & they'll probably be the four seed. Lose to Ft Wayne & Denver probably will be the four seed. I know which team I would rather play in the semis.

Looking forward to the tournament.

Go Rabbits!
                    Not only that but that would be one less in the L column if we do get to the NCAA tournament

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Not only that but that would be one less in the L column if we do get to the NCAA tournament

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                      This is a good point I hadn't considered. Winning out gives us a better shot at a decent seed. Losing to IPFW could bump us down a seed or two, which can make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Can someone show some love for Jenkins's play down the stretch? The dude gets **** on by announcers and sometimes fans on this board for the "bad" shots he takes, but he clutched the **** up tonight.
                        Jenkins came up big in two different occasions in this game.
                        He hit a big 3-pointer at the end of the first half. He also hit 3 hugh shots in a 2 minute stretch when SDSU wasn't scoring in the second half. During that 2:15 span(s) of the game, he scored 11 of his 18 points.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          This is a good point I hadn't considered. Winning out gives us a better shot at a decent seed. Losing to IPFW could bump us down a seed or two, which can make a huge difference.
                          Yup. Seeding for the NCAA's is so important. If we can get to the 12 line, historically the odds of winning increase dramatically. A loss to IPFW certainly won't help seeding.

Comment

Does anyone have more information on Mooney visiting SDSU? I didn't know that happened. Would love to hear more about what went down with his transfer and recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                              Does anyone have more information on Mooney visiting SDSU? I didn't know that happened. Would love to hear more about what went down with his transfer and recruitment.
                              I doubt if he did visit. From USD official page, I thought this was interesting:

Graduated Summa *** Laude from Notre Dame College Prep near Chicago where he averaged 18 points, six rebounds and four assists per game his senior year ... he was named team MVP, earned all-state accolades for head coach Tom Les and was a two-time all-conference player for the Dons ... played in 22 games and averaged 11 points and 2.7 rebounds at the USAFA Prep School ... he finished third on the team with 35 steals and fifth with 46 assists.

I suspect he is a very good student. USD may have been lucky and was looking for a transfer at the right time. Bingo they connected. He seems to be very disciplined and am surprised he gave up on the Air Force Academy.

Comment

Here is Mooney’s story on his transfer. No mention of SDSU.
                                http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...421-story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X