Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: USD yippin' pups vs SDSU Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Here is Mooney’s story on his transfer. No mention of SDSU.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...421-story.html
    SDSU may have sent a letter inviting him to visit, but he apparently was not a big splash out of HS. His record at AFA is not too impressive, and we may not have had any offers available. Its hard to put together. That year he sat apparently was very productive in terms of improving skills. I checked the UC Davis web site and his brother was not listed on the roster. The head coach at Davis is a brother to their high school coach. Who knows were he ended up. Fortunately not USD.

Comment

Matt’s brother Joe does indeed plays at UC Davis.
      It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
        Matt’s brother Joe does indeed plays at UC Davis.
        My bad, I did not see his name the first time I looked. You are correct and what was the army trick that you learned in the Navy?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          As I spend more time at the live events, I cannot vouch for Brad's performance either way. However, I find that he has come from Kansas and he attended Kansas State. He appears to be an instructor of some science classes at Lincoln and CTE academy in Sioux Falls following about 10 years at USF of math and coaching. If he has a yote connection, the quick scan did not locate this association. He may even watch more Jackrabbit basketball than yotes. He is married with 3 small children. Only on the worldwide web can so much happen for very little!
          He got his Master's in Math Ed. at USD (1997-99) (screenshot below, in case you don't have a LinkedIn profile to view directly). Like I said, he has a penchant for mentioning calls he thinks are in the Jacks' favor that the 'Yotes don't get at least once per half.

Do I think he's as bad as Elsen? No, but I also think there's little doubt that even Kelly Stewart is more "objective" than Newitt.

Newitt LinkedIn.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            His record at AFA is not too impressive.
            19 minutes and 7ppg as a freshman is pretty solid. I am surprised he didn't go with Penn or Colgate after talking so much about academics though.

Every time I see him play it baffles me that he is only at 18ppg. I swear he never misses a shot

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              He got his Master's in Math Ed. at USD (1997-99) (screenshot below, in case you don't have a LinkedIn profile to view directly). Like I said, he has a penchant for mentioning calls he thinks are in the Jacks' favor that the 'Yotes don't get at least once per half.

Do I think he's as bad as Elsen? No, but I also think there's little doubt that even Kelly Stewart is more "objective" than Newitt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]944[/ATTACH]
              I guess I must not have as critical of an ear. I always enjoy the insight he brings on the TV broadcasts, as well as when he is on the radio with Tyler.

Comment

I
                Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                19 minutes and 7ppg as a freshman is pretty solid. I am surprised he didn't go with Penn or Colgate after talking so much about academics though.

Every time I see him play it baffles me that he is only at y. I swear he never misses a shot
                Yes but don’t think Mooney was the transfer that SDSU needed at the time. The guy has improved greatly since he came to USD.
                The article did a good job explaining why he left AFA. I know would not have made it through the first year of hazing, but that is how they work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I
                  Yes but don’t think Mooney was the transfer that SDSU needed at the time. The guy has improved greatly since he came to USD.
                  The article did a good job explaining why he left AFA. I know would not have made it through the first year of hazing, but that is how they work.
                  Not sure I’d call it hazing. It’s all designed to make them mentally and physically tough so that when bullets are being lobbed over their head they are ready.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Not sure I’d call it hazing. It’s all designed to make them mentally and physically tough so that when bullets are being lobbed over their head they are ready.
                    Check the definition of hazing. Wikipedia includes military units. Conform conform and conform.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazing

And yes I get the bullet thing, they had the draft back in my day so know all about that.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 02-24-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X