GDT: Jackrabbits springing into the puppy den in Vermillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits springing into the puppy den in Vermillion

when trimboli makes the decision, she can drive. a great burst.

Comment

When the offense goes stale, it's hard to get something going again, we don't have to get stupid and shoot bad shots, but we have to remain aggressive with a lead, attack ,to go passive is just a losing scenario. I really thought we were going to win this game ,after leading most of the game, but we put the brakes on and went stale on offense. That will open the door for just about any capable team, and USD has proven by any standard to be a capable team. They played well enough to get by us ,they are a good team.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-21-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        USD had 4 fouls in the first 90 seconds of the quarter. We did not force them into another the entire quarter. Awful offensive possessions. Passive on both sides of the court. Couldn't protect an 11-point lead in the second half. The better team most certainly won. That was an embarrassing fourth quarter. Period.
        agree. only way jacks see ncaa is to win the summit. committee not going to take two now.

Comment

Final: USD 80, SDSU 75.
          That's a very good USD team.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I'm all for Miller driving when we need a bucket, but she needs to realize when it's just not there. She just puts her head down, hopes that a foul gets called, and forces up a shot when nothing is there. The offense is better when we're moving the ball around. That didn't happen at all in the 4th quarter.
            Bad forced shots by Miller on two consecutive possessions there at the end. Not sure why we rushed the shot coming out of the time-out when we were only down 2 and had 20 seconds on the shot clock.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
              agree. only way jacks see ncaa is to win the summit. committee not going to take two now.
              Not sure that's true. If SDSU finishes as runnerup to USD at the Summit (which I don't think will happen: I'm going with the "nearly impossible to beat a good team three times in one season" rule) this may be the year the SL gets two in. At least its the closest the conference has been to getting two in since we've been in the league.

Comment

Poor execution in the 4th quarter. Coyotes played much better D as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

That loss has some implications. #1 seed gets to sleep walk into Summit Tuesday. Now we'll play Western on Monday. They are due to start hitting some shots against us...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

AJ got out coached tonight. The last five minutes of the game were awful. USD deserved to win.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Miller shouldn't drive when the whole opposing team is expecting that, never works , just like it didn't against Stanford 2 yrs ago. She's a great player, but she can't do the impossible, to put her in that situation just doesn't make sense to me. We need plan B,C, and D too.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Not sure that's true. If SDSU finishes as runnerup to USD at the Summit (which I don't think will happen: I'm going with the "nearly impossible to beat a good team three times in one season" rule) this may be the year the SL gets two in. At least its the closest the conference has been to getting two in since we've been in the league.
                        ZERO chance for an at-large birth if you lose to USD 3 times...
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          i might tend to agree if jacks would have hung on to win this one. losing twice to usd is a big hit, imo. i just don't see them getting in unless they win the ST. i'm really not sure if it bodes well for usd if jacks would end up winning the SLT. although, who knows where the hot hand may come from.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Bad forced shots by Miller on two consecutive possessions there at the end. Not sure why we rushed the shot coming out of the time-out when we were only down 2 and had 20 seconds on the shot clock.
                            Exactly,take the last shot with 4 sec ...either tie, or if we get the offensive board,we get 1 put back. I'm not in favor of taking a quick shot, unless its a high percentage lay up , and if you miss, have to foul a 80% FT shooting team, when there's time on the clock to get a good shot and make sure its the last shot in the game , whether we make or miss it + maybe a put back with 1 or 2 sec left. You have 18 sec to get them shifted out of position on defense, they will bite at anything practically ,they'll be a little hyper aggressive to stop any perceived threat , there must be some play you can come up with to use these factors to your advantage. I'm glad I don't have to figure all these things out, it must be tough being a coach is all I can say. What's done is done, play them twice as hard next time, when it really counts.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-21-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Miller shouldn't drive when the whole opposing team is expecting that, never works , just like it didn't against Stanford 2 yrs ago. She's a great player, but she can't do the impossible, to put her in that situation just doesn't make sense to me. We need plan B,C, and D too.
                              agree 100% that was a head scratcher.

Comment

We'll get another chance at them in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Working...
                                X