GDT: Jackrabbits springing into the puppy den in Vermillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits springing into the puppy den in Vermillion

USD women last 3 out of 4 seasons have been conference champs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Not sure that's true. If SDSU finishes as runnerup to USD at the Summit (which I don't think will happen: I'm going with the "nearly impossible to beat a good team three times in one season" rule) this may be the year the SL gets two in. At least its the closest the conference has been to getting two in since we've been in the league.
      I sure hope you're right - and think both of these teams are more than deserving, completely legit - but I'll be very, very surprised.

I'm so impressed with USD. I honestly thought they'd take a big step back with their graduation losses and we'd run away with the conference. Obviously not the case. Hats off...they deserve all they can get.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Only way we get to the NCAA Tournament is to win the SLT in Sioux Falls, no way we get an at-large bid now, or USD if they finish second to us, they haven't even been mentioned as an at-large team, no way to get their RPI up high enough either ,so, once again, the Summit will remain a one bid conference.

Comment

Came in expecting a loss but we played well just did not finish. We are still a sweet 16 caliber team but USD is not gonna make things easy for us in Sioux Falls. #twobidsummit

Comment

USD 22 of 25 FT, Jacks 8 of 10. Doubt that will happen in SF. Only the final score counts. 14-0 not easy. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              USD 22 of 25 FT, Jacks 8 of 10. Doubt that will happen in SF. Only the final score counts. 14-0 not easy. Go Jacks!!
              Same way we lost to FGCU....Free Throw disparity.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Alexander should not shoot 3's in USD games, obviously.
                0-5 on threes, 2 or 3 were airballs. McKeever was beating her like a drum on defense down the stretch. Guebert played quite a bit at the point when Macy was out last year - give her some time there. Or give Cascio-Jensen, who played pretty well tonight, a few more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  0-5 on threes, 2 or 3 were airballs. McKeever was beating her like a drum on defense down the stretch. Guebert played quite a bit at the point when Macy was out last year - give her some time there. Or give Cascio-Jensen, who played pretty well tonight, a few more minutes.
                  Cascio-Jensen should get more minutes if we face usd in the finals for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Only way we get to the NCAA Tournament is to win the SLT in Sioux Falls, no way we get an at-large bid now, or USD if they finish second to us, they haven't even been mentioned as an at-large team, no way to get their RPI up high enough either ,so, once again, the Summit will remain a one bid conference.
                    There will be pressure on us to win it all in Sioux Falls, but there will be just as much on USD. Undefeated in regular season, 18 game win streak and they will have to beat us a third time. Lose and they get to try for another WNIT run.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                      Cascio-Jensen should get more minutes if we face usd in the finals for sure.
                      Cascio -Jensen should not be on the floor in crunch time! She was 1-4 from with an airball and the one she made was a bad shot. Alexander and Jensen were horrible last night. I thought AJ did not sub well in the 4th quarter. Just a total melt down and gift to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        There will be pressure on us to win it all in Sioux Falls, but there will be just as much on USD. Undefeated in regular season, 18 game win streak and they will have to beat us a third time. Lose and they get to try for another WNIT run.
                        They can have the pressure. It will be all on them. Unbeaten in conference and win streak will lead to high expectations. The preseason poll means nothing. Virginias men werent ranked in the preseason poll and were number one at one point. But both teams need to remember that there are 6 other teams playing in the summit tourney. Strange things can and has happened in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          AJ got out coached tonight. The last five minutes of the game were awful. USD deserved to win.
                          I was thinking the same thing. AJ called 3 or 4 timeouts in the last minute and a half of the game. Madi got fouled in the corner on one of them (I don't know why) but the other three didn't help at all.
                          I think AJ drew up the play for Macy to drive in with 38 seconds left so SDSU could get a 2 for 1 but it wasn't there. I think when he calls a play they run it regardless of what the defense does.

Comment

It seems like both SDSU and USD like putting their head down and taking it to the basket. SDSU just has to get there about a half step quicker or get some help. If another wing player helps out, just flair out and defend the player that the helper was guarding. You can't give USD open 3's.
                            USD just seemed a step quicker most of the time. I really don't want to see Lexi and Eli trying to defend the high pick and roll many times if/when we play them in Sioux Falls. They switch that about every time and them you either have Eli guarding a much quicker PG at the top of the key or Lexi in trying to defend the other teams C in the lane. That happened time after time in the first half. I know that SDSU has defended that way for a long time but with a smaller PG and a slower post, it just doesn't work all of the time.
                            I will give USD credit for being 14-0. You play that many games and you are bound to have an off night but they didn't. They just seem deeper than SDSU is. SDSU won two conference games by less that 20 points this season, not counting the USD games. They were on the road trip to Denver and Oral Roberts. Every other game was blowout. USD only beat ORU by five points and they didn't have to play Denver and ORU on the same road trip. They did win the games though.
                            I just think that the Summit League is very weak this year. USD did win out but they only had 3 tough games all year. I see good things for USD and SDSU this post season but if any other Summit team plays in the post season (unless Western gets hot) will be one and done in a blowout.

Comment

i did not watch the game at all, but this stat sticks out and there have been many comments about the good USED DEFENSE. If they are good on defense and that I dont question, why then are they going to the ft line more than twice the amount of times the Jacks went? The refs seem to want to keep the home crowd in the game and not have them knitting or going to sleep. Just me from not watching the game at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                i did not watch the game at all, but this stat sticks out and there have been many comments about the good USED DEFENSE. If they are good on defense and that I dont question, why then are they going to the ft line more than twice the amount of times the Jacks went? The refs seem to want to keep the home crowd in the game and not have them knitting or going to sleep. Just me from not watching the game at all.
                                Nope... stop... we're not going to be the fan base that blames "home cooking from refs". They did a better job of drawing fouls on offense and they did a better job of playing good clean defense. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                                X