Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ WIU Leathernecks in Macomb

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Maybe it was just me, but I thought that was a pretty poor response from a coach and a pair of players that just got throttled for the second time this season. But, whatever I guess, maybe we will get a chance to do it the third time.
    Considering how terrible they played, this seemed like a pretty good post game.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I agree. Not much you can say when you shoot that poorly. We need to clean up the turnovers!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        That's what I thought, too. Everyone paying attention to SL basketball knows WIU can play much better. I thought the players showed a level of maturity necessary in the college game: they got ripped and some percentage of the outcome was due to their uncharacteristic poor shooting. I thought the Jacks should win at WIU anyway - as noted by Zimm and others, the Jacks are on are a roll right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          That's what I thought, too. Everyone paying attention to SL basketball knows WIU can play much better. I thought the players showed a level of maturity necessary in the college game: they got ripped and some percentage of the outcome was due to their uncharacteristic poor shooting. I thought the Jacks should win at WIU anyway - as noted by Zimm and others, the Jacks are on are a roll right now.
          By all means please enlighten me to all of the high quality SL wins WIU has this year that proves this?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            By all means please enlighten me to all of the high quality SL wins WIU has this year that proves this?
            What words in my post do you twist into "high quality SL wins WIU has this year"? Enlighten you? Hah.

I think WIU is ranked third in the SL with an 8-4 conference record. I've watched them play and I think they can play better than what they showed the other night. I don't think they can beat the Jacks.
            Last edited by JackJD; 02-19-2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              I agree. Not much you can say when you shoot that poorly. We need to clean up the turnovers!
              Turnovers ,causing them, are a big part of the W. Ill game, in fact that's all they had going for them , and they didn't seem to get a whole lot out of the 23 they forced us to commit, only 14 points. But I agree, if they were shooting better, that's too many. They are a good team at forcing turnovers and forcing that fast pace and applying the pressure defensively to cause teams to commit turnovers or give up steals admittedly ,still ,we have to do better with that if we face them again.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-20-2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Gravina mentioned a couple iffy calls that went in the Jacks' favor, and the media tried to get the players to bite during their portion of the postgame. I didn't recall calls that were that controversial [there was one call where the refs reviewed the film -- I think to possibly assess a flagrant foul (believe that was on Merriman)], but did you notice any others that were noticeably questionable?

Comment

Gravina went ballistic on a ref once during the game, he's usually pretty mellow along the sideline. He must have been having a bad day.

We haven't had a "kicker" in the Conference though since Finkbeiner left ORU, I really think he deep down wanted to be a soccer coach, but was never afforded the opportunity, since he kicked a basketball not once but twice during games he coached while in the Summit coaching for the Golden Eagles. Finkbeiner was hands down the best "coach throwing a temper tantrum" we've had in the Summit though. Hope he's doing well at Utah St, I hold no ill feelings toward him, I always thought it was kind of humerous with his showing a little emotion in a stressful situation. Makes you believe we are all human, and subject to human emotions from time to time.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-20-2018, 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Gravina went ballistic on a ref once during the game, he's usually pretty mellow along the sideline. He must have been having a bad day.

We haven't had a "kicker" in the Conference though since Finkbeiner left ORU, I really think he deep down wanted to be a soccer coach, but was never afforded the opportunity, since he kicked a basketball not once but twice during games he coached while in the Summit coaching for the Golden Eagles. Finkbeiner was hands down the best "coach throwing a temper tantrum" we've had in the Summit though. Hope he's doing well at Utah St, I hold no ill feelings toward him, I always thought it was kind of humerous with his showing a little emotion in a stressful situation. Makes you believe we are all human, and subject to human emotions.
                    When the team is shooting 17.4% from the field at home on Senior Day, Gravina might be a bit more on edge since he cannot go hide at the end of the bench. 42 points and 48 points from that offense might create some extra frustration.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      When the team is shooting 17.4% from the field at home on Senior Day, Gravina might be a bit more on edge since he cannot go hide at the end of the bench. 42 points and 48 points from that offense might create some extra frustration.
                      I would imagine AJ would lose it a bit if our women had a performance like that...
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X