OPENING DAY 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPENING DAY 2018

It kind of sneaks under the radar this time of the year. Today is opening day for the Rabbits Baseball Team. Even though it doesn't feel like it here there's just something hopeful about baseball opening day. The weather forecast for today is 66 degrees. Chance of rain tomorrow and good Sunday.

Is is this the year the Rabbits can overtake the Golden Eagles? It's a tall task, but it looks like State has a true #1 this season according most draft guides. Along with a veteran lineup. Maybe this is the year someone can get over the rather large hurdle.

Go Rabbits!

Re: OPENING DAY 2018

2-2 bottom of seven. I guess the team made it as far as St. Louis. Games added with Illinois as their travel to Texas was changed.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I love replying to my own posts. The perfect season is over. AP 4, SDSU 2. Doubleheader tomorrow. Big 10 Illinois in the opener.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

They'll bounce back. Either get a good win over a Big Ten team or payback over Austin Peay. Both would be good, too.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          2-2 bottom of seven. I guess the team made it as far as St. Louis. Games added with Illinois as their travel to Texas was changed.

Go Rabbits!
          Lol hard time of the year to get attention going for baseball. Especially now that wrestling has caught on so big and with how many games have to be on the road to start the season.

Sounds like we should have a real solid squad this year, hope we can knock the Summit out of ORUs stranglehold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Weekend one is in the books -

Negatives -
            1. 0-3 record
            2. .174 team batting average
            3. 16 base on balls by SDSU pitchers. Over five per game.

Positives -
            1. 3 defensive errors. Very good for the first games outside. Credit the players & S-Jack.
            2. .211 opponent batting average

Get the bats going and throw more strikes. Off to Texas next weekend.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

With baseball season starting I kind of lost track of the basketball teams. Do the ladies & men have any games this week? If so who & when?

😜🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Men play tonight vs. USD in Frost, and then MBB and WBB both go to Western Illinois Saturday in their final games before the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  Men play tonight vs. USD in Frost, and then MBB and WBB both go to Western Illinois Saturday in their final games before the tournament.
                  Both the MBB and WBB teams go to Fort Wayne not Western Illinois Saturday after the men play against USD tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    Both the MBB and WBB teams go to Fort Wayne not Western Illinois Saturday after the men play against USD tonight.
                    I hope travel doesn't become an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                      Weekend one is in the books -

Negatives -
                      1. 0-3 record
                      2. .174 team batting average
                      3. 16 base on balls by SDSU pitchers. Over five per game.

Positives -
                      1. 3 defensive errors. Very good for the first games outside. Credit the players & S-Jack.
                      2. .211 opponent batting average

Get the bats going and throw more strikes. Off to Texas next weekend.

Go Rabbits!
                      Only .174 Batting avg? That's not good at all. I realize pitching is the number 1 recruiting goal ,but we should up our standards for hitting more, our runs production must be pretty dismal too I assume.....a good hitter can really lift up a team .

Yeah, it's early in the season,but we start this way every season it seems. The competition might be better , but if we want to dethrone ORU, we should field a team capable of winning against some of the tougher competition ,that's part of the reason for building the SJac. Serious question, not just opinion, how many baseball players get a scholarship? How many are less than full, and how does this compare to say P5 baseball teams? I'm not very knowledgeable about the program, so maybe I'm not being fair minded enough.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-23-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Rough start for the Rabbits. Swept at Bradley this weekend. 0-6. Long way to go. At US Bank Stadium Wednesday night vs. U of M. That would be a good place to get victory #1.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

The offensive woes continue. There is no worse time in the season to be in a slump. Each morning you wake up and those stats are just staring at you. As a team the Rabbits are hitting .176, after getting three hit by Minnesota last night. When you're 20, 30, or 40 games in and the team is slumping usually the team batting average looks a little better due to success at other parts of the season. Hopefully they bust out soon. Get a guy on. Move him over and hopefully someone gets a big hit.

As Harry Carey once wisely said. "Let's get some runs!"

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Well the Jackrabbits get their first series win at SEMO taking games 2 and 3. Scored 21 runs over the three games. Hopefully that means the sticks have come around and and they can get all three phases of the game rolling going into the two game series with Air Force.

Comment

Amungst the blur that is the Summit League Basketball Tournament the baseball team got off the snide this weekend. Over the weekend they took two out of three at SE Missouri St. The bats showed signs of waking up this weekend. The Rabbits scored 8,7, & 6 runs over the weekend. Off to Air Force for mid week series then Greeley for the weekend.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X