Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    If SDSU loses in the SLT it won't be because they were a 2-seed. Those teams in the 3-7 area are definitively worse than SDSU and USD. The only way that we don't have a rivalry Championship Tuesday is if the SDSU and USD teams decide to come out an lay an egg. The men's and women's teams are heads and shoulders better than the rest of their leagues. Pairing that with the home court advantage in Sioux Falls is why I maintain there is no difference between the #1 and #2 seeds.
    I think the men's tournament games will be closer than some might think. The # 1 seed in the women's side has pretty much a free pass to the championship game because WIU is the only other team that is good at all. Remember they call it March madness for a reason. One game on one night dang near anything can happen.

Comment

Bison beat Mastodons. 8 seed belongs to FW

Denver leads ORU 68-51 under 2 to play. Martianez does not appear to be playing tonight. ORU could fade quick without their #1 post player. this is likely a preview of the 4 & 5 seed match.
      Last edited by OldHare; 02-15-2018, 09:42 PM.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        I think the men's tournament games will be closer than some might think. The # 1 seed in the women's side has pretty much a free pass to the championship game because WIU is the only other team that is good at all. Remember they call it March madness for a reason. One game on one night dang near anything can happen.
        I think that for this year's SDSU team, the day off is much more important than who we play.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Today's WBB has USD host ORU and Denver hosts Omaha. Denver can move into 4 seed with a win and ORU loss. The game at WIU for the Jackrabbits can push the Leathernecks to a distant 3 seed while continue to chase the yotes for the 1 seed. Pioneers may be the surprise on the women's side.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

MBB has 3 games today and ORU @ Denver tomorrow. Game of interest today may be the Mastodons at Fargo. 6-6 against 4-7 will define the outlook for each. Bison will finish below .500 in conference with another loss while the Mastodons have an up and down season which includes a loss at Macomb. At this point, neither team resembles the Jackrabbits of a year ago who pieced it together at the end of the season. It is unlikely the Mavs stun the yotes in Vermillion today. The Denver men(like the Denver women) are poised to grab the 3 seed spot at this time.

Comment

Bison lead for exactly 0:00 of game time today during Senior Day vs. IPFW. IPFW wins 84-72. Bison fall to 4-8 in the league.

Comment

SDSU 11-1
                USD 11-2
                FW 7-6
                DU 7-6
                NDSU 4-8
                Omaha 4-8
                ORU 4-9
                WIU 2-10

Pioneers hang on for close win over Golden Eagles 66-65.

Comment

I’m surprised ORU put up that good of a fight in Denver.

Though the order still is not set, we know the top four teams. 5-7 is still a mess and WIU is very unlikely to climb out of #8.

WIU is probably the only team I’d feel 99.9% sure would be no big problem in the opening round. Omaha would be my second choice. I’m not sure if Denver or FW would be preferable in round 2. Both have enough talent to derail the train on the right night.

On a different subject, I think the message board is suffering from too much SDSU winning. It’s been a ghost town here for the last week or more. I guess that will change in a hurry if things don’t do well Wednesday and Thursday.....

Comment

The last time the Jackrabbit women beat the coyotes in Vermillion was March 2, 2014 by 99-88. Part of the recap follows:
                    "Megan Waytashek (Lino Lakes, Minn.) led five Jackrabbits in double figures as she scored a game-high 18 points, 14 coming in the second half. Mariah Clarin (Princeton, Minn.) added 14 points and a game-high eight rebounds. Gabby Boever (Worthington, Minn.) scored 14 points, highlighted by a career-high tying three three-point field goals. Steph Paluch (Pierre) added 13 points. Clarissa Ober (Glencoe, Minn,) scored a career-high 12 points coming off the bench." (Chynna Stevens was also on the roster...) There were 53 fouls that day which created 60 points. Crowd was 3532. The current roster certainly has the talent to have 5 players in double figures for the next win over the coyotes. Selland could add just enough to tip scales for Jackrabbits to have another potential double double player on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      The last time the Jackrabbit women beat the coyotes in Vermillion was March 2, 2014 by 99-88. Part of the recap follows:
                      "Megan Waytashek (Lino Lakes, Minn.) led five Jackrabbits in double figures as she scored a game-high 18 points, 14 coming in the second half. Mariah Clarin (Princeton, Minn.) added 14 points and a game-high eight rebounds. Gabby Boever (Worthington, Minn.) scored 14 points, highlighted by a career-high tying three three-point field goals. Steph Paluch (Pierre) added 13 points. Clarissa Ober (Glencoe, Minn,) scored a career-high 12 points coming off the bench." (Chynna Stevens was also on the roster...) There were 53 fouls that day which created 60 points. Crowd was 3532. The current roster certainly has the talent to have 5 players in double figures for the next win over the coyotes. Selland could add just enough to tip scales for Jackrabbits to have another potential double double player on the court.
                      The Jacks need a better sports psychologist so they can get over the USDitis they always seem prone to catching when in Vermilion. Similar to Bisonitis in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                        The Jacks need a better sports psychologist so they can get over the USDitis they always seem prone to catching when in Vermilion. Similar to Bisonitis in Fargo.
                        I still remember (thankfully) when USD beat us twice during a season ,and we shell shocked them in the SLT Championship game (they won the WNIT that year,2015-2016). I guess I'd rather we make them share the regular season title with us (WBB), and win the number one seed in the SLT this year though, when we beat USD and probably get a W against FW . Break the spell (losing spell or a spell casted ,or both?)

Anyone know what their record is in the SCSC, they couldn't of lost too many games since opening that place up. OK ,I looked it up , since opening the SCSC in Nov 2016 , they lost one game that year to W.Ill at home, their home record ending up at 13-1. So far this year they are 13-1 at home, lost to Tulsa, so the answer is two games.....since their inaugural season, their home record is 26-2. Losing to Tulsa at home got them to thinking maybe they should step up their effort this year a little.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-18-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Since the women lost to USD we have beaten the 3-5th place teams by an average of 29 ppg with 2/3 being on the road. Meanwhile USD has beaten the same teams by 17 ppg with 2/3 at home. They have losses at home this year to the powerhouse teams from Tulsa (who lost to ORU at home by 12) and Stephen F. Austin by 22 (who then proceeded to lose to Montana and Montana State). I like out chances in this game if the girls just play our basketball and not let the rivalry and revenge mentality get in the way. They don't have the size down low to handle our bigs and Macy/Maddie should get theirs. I will make a bold prediction and say we win by 10+ and roll into the SLC tourney.

Comment

The Sioux Falls Sports Authority and the Summit League are excited to announce the "Friends & Family 4 Pack" presented by Buffalo Wild Wings for the 2018 Summit League Basketball Championships March 3-6, 2018 at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.

The 4 pack includes:
                            Four (4) single session tickets (Reg. $22.50 per ticket)
                            and one (1) $10 Buffalo Wild Wings gift card
                            All for $55!*

http://www.sfsportsauthority.org/4pack

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              The Sioux Falls Sports Authority and the Summit League are excited to announce the "Friends & Family 4 Pack" presented by Buffalo Wild Wings for the 2018 Summit League Basketball Championships March 3-6, 2018 at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.

The 4 pack includes:
                              Four (4) single session tickets (Reg. $22.50 per ticket)
                              and one (1) $10 Buffalo Wild Wings gift card
                              All for $55!*

http://www.sfsportsauthority.org/4pack
                              Hope it goes over good as it is a good deal. I see it is only on Saturday and Sunday and is limited to 100 tickets per session. Sunday will most likely be a low attendance day.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                                Since the women lost to USD we have beaten the 3-5th place teams by an average of 29 ppg with 2/3 being on the road. Meanwhile USD has beaten the same teams by 17 ppg with 2/3 at home. They have losses at home this year to the powerhouse teams from Tulsa (who lost to ORU at home by 12) and Stephen F. Austin by 22 (who then proceeded to lose to Montana and Montana State). I like out chances in this game if the girls just play our basketball and not let the rivalry and revenge mentality get in the way. They don't have the size down low to handle our bigs and Macy/Maddie should get theirs. I will make a bold prediction and say we win by 10+ and roll into the SLC tourney.
                                I hope you are right. I think Selland will be the difference maker. Having Selland and Larson guard Liveringhouse on the outside compared to Thompson and Larson will have an impact on Liveringhouse's play. She lit the Jacks up in Brookings.

Comment

Working...
                                X