Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Default Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Zimmer providing some chatter for the WBB.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...men/332016002/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    So your saying a calm, mellow buzz throughout the day is in order? Book it, I'm IN!
    I really enjoy those days with out a huge rooting interest. Its nice to cheer for the teams we want to face the next round. Plus some of the smaller crowds makes a little more fun with the kids there. can get food and they can run around a bit and not get in the way. Saturday on the other hand is looking to probably set some records for attendance hopefully. If both SD teams win out. it will be a crazy tournament and attendance should be setting another new record.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Single session tickets for the Summit League tourney are on sale now through Ticketmaster. The Jacks are going to be the No. 1 or No. 2 seed on both the men's and women's sides. So, both SDSU teams will play Saturday, March 3. Both USD teams also will play on opening day. Let's fill the Premier Center with blue!
    "Nobody thought there'd be days like these. Strange days, indeed." - John Lennon

With the men having the #1 pretty much locked up they are slotted to be the 6PM game each evening session. Another benefit, IMO, of the women winning out and earning the #1 seed is then they get slotted at the 12PM game each afternoon session. If the are the #2 seed then they are the 2:30PM slot which makes for a rather quick turnaround to get out of the arena, get dinner/drink cocktails and then back for the men's game at 6.

So, in order to increase my alcohol intake between sessions, the women need to win out! I better email AJ and make sure he understands this ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    With the men having the #1 pretty much locked up they are slotted to be the 6PM game each evening session. Another benefit, IMO, of the women winning out and earning the #1 seed is then they get slotted at the 12PM game each afternoon session. If the are the #2 seed then they are the 2:30PM slot which makes for a rather quick turnaround to get out of the arena, get dinner/drink cocktails and then back for the men's game at 6.

So, in order to increase my alcohol intake between sessions, the women need to win out! I better email AJ and make sure he understands this ;-)
    The #1 seed pretty much locked up? Am I missing something? That's pretty far from the case at this point in time is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    The #1 seed pretty much locked up? Am I missing something? That's pretty far from the case at this point in time is it not?
    Right, but I think we can all feel pretty good its going to be a USD and SDSU day on Saturday. just which team plays at which time will be a question mark. It sure would be nice to play first both sessions, get early and better parking etc.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    This is true, it is far from locked up. That being said, there is zero difference between the #1 and #2 seed. All a conference regular season championship does is guarantee you a NIT bid if you lose in the tournament.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Video for tonight’s ORU/USD game. Hopefully ORU at least keeps it interesting.

http://www.oruathletics.com/broadcast/mkfofp

FW (MBB) is hammering WIU 45-31 at halftime. I think we can lock WIU in at #8 now and FW is getting closer to #3. Denver gets Omaha at home tonight, giving them a chance to increase their odds of finishing 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    This is true, it is far from locked up. That being said, there is zero difference between the #1 and #2 seed. All a conference regular season championship does is guarantee you a NIT bid if you lose in the tournament.
    Isn't that valuable? The time we were in the NIT was sure fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    Video for tonight’s ORU/USD game. Hopefully ORU at least keeps it interesting.

http://www.oruathletics.com/broadcast/mkfofp

FW (MBB) is hammering WIU 45-31 at halftime. I think we can lock WIU in at #8 now and FW is getting closer to #3. Denver gets Omaha at home tonight, giving them a chance to increase their odds of finishing 3/4.
    Feed working good? Mine keeps locking up on me.