Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I hope you are right. I think Selland will be the difference maker. Having Selland and Larson guard Liveringhouse on the outside compared to Thompson and Larson will have an impact on Liveringhouse's play. She lit the Jacks up in Brookings.
    Assuming all the other parts of the game are "normal", Myah will be the difference and we should pull off the upset down there. It would be a small upset, but a upset none the less.

Comment

On the men's side of the Mid Major Top 25 find USD at #3 and SDSU at #6 going into Thursday's match. This SD Corn Showdown game will have more pop this year as these are the best teams in the Summit this season. #1 seed and #2 seed are all that is left for the SLT.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That game is going to be crazy, the hype has been building already and so much at stake for both teams, it's like a SLT game in the regular season. Winner take all as far as the Conference regular season title championship, can't get any more dramatic and intriguing of a pregame buildup than that. Both men's and women's ,except the two scenarios will be flipped between the men's and women's teams with the Jack men in first place and the Yotes looking to tie it up,and with the women, the USD women are in first and the Jacks are going for the tie, with the stipulation of also holding the tie breaker in hand (RPI).This should be a slugfest of a game,I do think we might have just enough advantage with Myah back to pull this one out the way the team has been performing and playing so well together. It will definitely be somewhat of a hostile crowd I imagine, unless we get some blue or yellow in there for fans. This is a little bit like the NCAA tournament as far as pressure goes. Although it's win or go home in the Dance, there's similar pressure in this game due to all that's at stake. This is where the leadership of the veteran players, who have played in these big games before, will definitely help decide the outcome I think. I think I saw somewhere that the games will be on Midco TV,but there will be plenty of people in the stands at both venues I think.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-19-2018, 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

A good trivia question for today February 21, 2017 asks "What is the other WBB game in the Summit today?"

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20180221fwuu6y
          Last edited by OldHare; 02-21-2018, 03:22 PM.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            A good trivia question for today February 21, 2017 asks "What is the other WBB game in the Summit today?"

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20180221fwuu6y
            The answer is there were no games on 2/21.

http://thesummitleague.org/sports/wbkb/2016-17/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              The answer is there were no games on 2/21.

http://thesummitleague.org/sports/wbkb/2016-17/schedule
              Ha! You are making me turn the clock again. That was only my second mistake of the day.

Comment

ORU men takes care of Mavs in Omaha. WIU downs the bison in Macomb.

On the women's side WIU locks the 3 seed with a win against the bison in Fargo. Saturday's game of NDSU vs Omaha will determine the 6 & 7 seed.

Comment

A Omaha win on Saturday would mean a NDSU-USD first round matchup. NDSU can't be 8th since they'd own a tiebreaker over WIU.

Comment

So here is what we know on the mens side:

1. SDSU
                    2. USD
                    3. Denver or Ft Wayne(Denver will be the 3 if they beat Western and Ft Wayne lose to SDSU. Ft Wayne would be the 3 if they beat SDSU or Denver loses to Western)
                    4. Denver or Ft Wayne
                    5. Oral Roberts or NDSU(Oral would be the 5 if Omaha beats NDSU. NDSU would be the 5 if they beat Omaha)
                    6. Oral Roberts or Omaha(Oral Roberts would be the 6 if NDSU beats Omaha. Omaha would be the 6 if they beat NDSU)
                    7. Omaha or NDSU(Loser of their game is the 7)
                    8. Western Illinois

Comment

On the womens side:

1. USD
                      2. SDSU
                      3. Western Illinois
                      4. Denver(If they beat Western they are the 4 seed. If they lose, i think they still get the 4 seed with a better RPI than Oral Roberts)
                      5. Oral Roberts
                      6. NDSU or Omaha(Winner of this game gets the 6 seed)
                      7. NDSU or Omaha(Loser of this game gets the 7 seed unless Ft Wayne upsets SDSU. Then Ft Wayne would have the tie breaker over Omaha, if they would lose to NDSU)
                      8. Ft Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        So here is what we know on the mens side:

1. SDSU
                        2. USD
                        3. Denver or Ft Wayne(Denver will be the 3 if they beat Western and Ft Wayne lose to SDSU. Ft Wayne would be the 3 if they beat SDSU or Denver loses to Western)
                        4. Denver or Ft Wayne
                        5. Oral Roberts or NDSU(Oral would be the 5 if Omaha beats NDSU. NDSU would be the 5 if they beat Omaha)
                        6. Oral Roberts or Omaha(Oral Roberts would be the 6 if NDSU beats Omaha. Omaha would be the 6 if they beat NDSU)
                        7. Omaha or NDSU(Loser of their game is the 7)
                        8. Western Illinois
                        Looks like we have ourselves a situation where it might be better to lose on Saturday to set up a potential 2nd round match up with Denver instead of IPFW. I know, you never want to lose a game on purpose, but this game means literally nothing except for figuring out who we would play in the 2nd round. Both Denver and IPFW are good teams that can make some noise, but I think IPFW matches up with us better than Denver. I wouldn't be mad if we rested Daum and possibly Jenkins and Telly a lot and let the game unfold... if we win, fine, but I would probably be happier if we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Looks like we have ourselves a situation where it might be better to lose on Saturday to set up a potential 2nd round match up with Denver instead of IPFW. I know, you never want to lose a game on purpose, but this game means literally nothing except for figuring out who we would play in the 2nd round. Both Denver and IPFW are good teams that can make some noise, but I think IPFW matches up with us better than Denver. I wouldn't be mad if we rested Daum and possibly Jenkins and Telly a lot and let the game unfold... if we win, fine, but I would probably be happier if we lost.
                          I tend to agree with you here. IPFW was the 1 team I would like to avoid but I guess we will just beat who happens to get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            TJ said last night he will coach this game like any other game. Might be coach-speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              I tend to agree with you here. IPFW was the 1 team I would like to avoid but I guess we will just beat who happens to get in the way.
                              The nice thing is, the only way Denver gets the 3 seed is if IPFW loses and Denver wins. Only 1 other scenario was mentioned, but out of all 4 possible outcomes, the three others would result in IPFW getting the 3 because of either having a game lead over Denver or being tied and having the tie breaker with 2 wins over Denver. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver lose at WIU with it being Senior night. Unfortunately that game starts an hour after ours.

Comment

I'd love to see USD face NDSU and then FW on the men's side. A shooting team like Denver is scary too, but FW can also beat you from more than just at the 3pt line. My guess is that we'll lose the game Saturday, whether we rest players or not. There's bound to be a letdown after locking up the title and it's a tough place to play anyway. Hopefully Omaha takes care of NDSU and sends them to USD in the opening round of the SLT.

Comment

Working...
                                X