Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Listening to an interview with Zimmer on KWSN. He believes its highly likely Mike Daum will be back at SDSU for his senior season.
    I agree with Zimmer when he says he doesn't see Daum grad-transferring, and that he only considers leaving if he will be a high draft choice. Which isn't likely to happen this year with all the high-powered freshmen and sophs rumored to be coming out. One thing that hasn't been mentioned here that I think would help in keeping Mike is that Telly has been offered a grad assistant position by the coaching staff. If he decides to take that rather than playing overseas, that would be a plus considering how close their friendship seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I agree with Zimmer when he says he doesn't see Daum grad-transferring, and that he only considers leaving if he will be a high draft choice. Which isn't likely to happen this year with all the high-powered freshmen and sophs rumored to be coming out. One thing that hasn't been mentioned here that I think would help in keeping Mike is that Telly has been offered a grad assistant position by the coaching staff. If he decides to take that rather than playing overseas, that would be a plus considering how close their friendship seems to be.
      As much as I would like to see Mike stay I would have no problem supporting him if he decided to grad transfer to a bigger program. If he felt he needed to play against higher level players night in and night out to better his future career l could not fault him for that. Really what does he have left to prove in the SL? Hope he stays a Rabbit but the decision is his.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        As much as I would like to see Mike stay I would have no problem supporting him if he decided to grad transfer to a bigger program. If he felt he needed to play against higher level players night in and night out to better his future career l could not fault him for that. Really what does he have left to prove in the SL? Hope he stays a Rabbit but the decision is his.
        Maybe he wants to be a 3 time POY of the SL? Only one other person has accomplished that (ORU's Caleb Green, 2004-2007). Or maybe he realizes that despite the loss of Telly, Severyn and Theisen to graduation that we've got a solid group of guys returning that would likely be a more talented group than what we have this year. Grad transferring to a bigger program isn't such an easy decision in my opinion although I agree with you that I wouldn't fault him for doing it. I just think the general public consider's him gone already and I'd like to think there is a better chance of him staying than leaving at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I was sitting in the student section on the side of that Wolters 3 against NDSU. One of the loudest moments I've ever heard in an arena.

Also, I bet I've watched that Orris shot 500 times, and it never, ever gets old.
          I think ive watched it at least once a week since it happened. And some nights after a few crown/ waters i watched it over and over again. I hope we have something similar to watch for the next year.

Comment

Just went to Go Jacks All Access to check on baseball and see they are offering WBB and MBB quarter final SL broadcasts on 3/2.

May be a betting opportunity to know the results before Saturday! Go Jacks!!

Comment

SDSU Women and Men did well in conference awards.

Daum: player of the year
              Miller: player of the year
              T.J. Otz: coach of the year

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                SDSU Women and Men did well in conference awards.

Daum: player of the year
                Miller: player of the year
                T.J. Otz: coach of the year
                The rest
                http://www.thesummitleague.org/landing/index
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Listening to an interview with Zimmer on KWSN. He believes its highly likely Mike Daum will be back at SDSU for his senior season.
                  Agree with that. Daum has a chance at 3,000 career points and a top 10 finish on the all-time NCAA career scoring list.

He's having a blast playing college ball; unless he's a lock for a lottery pick I think he's back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Agree with that. Daum has a chance at 3,000 career points and a top 10 finish on the all-time NCAA career scoring list.

He's having a blast playing college ball; unless he's a lock for a lottery pick I think he's back.
                    Unless he gets info that teams want to see him play more games against higher tier competition to increase his draft stock. Who knows what really goes through a kid's head when you have the future that Mike has..
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

• Re: The Wrap up and Pre SLT

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Goosebumps.

Who is the old guy on the right? Douple? if so Sioux Falls has aged him.

Comment

I am slow in reaction, but this is very good news and am headed to KWSN archives to listen.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, DJJ needs 26 points to pass Daums freshman scoring mark. assuming we don't get beat out in the first round, that would be very do able. If DJJ can take a step up next year and assuming Daum comes back. That could be a legit 1-2 scoring punch.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            If I am not mistaken, DJJ needs 26 points to pass Daums freshman scoring mark. assuming we don't get beat out in the first round, that would be very do able. If DJJ can take a step up next year and assuming Daum comes back. That could be a legit 1-2 scoring punch.
                            Wow, I had no idea DJJ was so close. I didn't think that record would be threatened any time soon. You aren't kidding about their potential given another year together - that team would be loaded. Hopefully that's a major factor Daum is considering as he decides where to play next year.

Comment

A quote from today's big Argus article about Daum:

He has the option to potentially grad transfer to a big-time program, and while there are certainly many that would be interested (his mother said a handful of Big 10 schools called after former coach Scott Nagy left for Wright State two years ago), Mike's parents don't expect that to happen.
                              “We’ve talked about it a little bit,” Michele said. “Mike is very loyal. If Coach Otz says he’s not in the top 30 (draft prospects), I can’t see him leaving Brookings. He’s very committed to the people here and the community. I just don’t see that being an option.”

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...nce/376027002/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                along with the above mentioned, one would think we will be more athletic overall as a team with redshirt freshman coming back. Dillion and Dentlinger will help, losing Telly hurts but overall I think next years team will be athletically more gifted...provided Daum stays.

Comment

Working...
                                X