Battle for the Border Bell 2/16, 7pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle for the Border Bell 2/16, 7pm

2,324 fans at the match tonight. In 7 home duals, we drew 14,024 fans for an average of 2003 per dual (according to Matt Zimmer on Twitter).

The atmosphere in Frost was great and a lot of fun. The seniors were recognized after the match.

The Bison are good. and wrestled well but the Jacks were just too much for them.

SDSU finishes its dual schedule with a 14-match win streak...no dual losses against Big XII teams. Big XII Conference championships next.

Comment

You have to love seeing the Jacks beat the Bison - especially in the case of wrestling where our program has passed them like they’re standing still. 2,000 fans per dual is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        You have to love seeing the Jacks beat the Bison - especially in the case of wrestling where our program has passed them like they’re standing still. 2,000 fans per dual is impressive.
        Something like 8th in the nation per last years numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          Kocer tech fall as well.
          Yes. I knew my math wasn’t adding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Great atmosphere tonight, tough way to start the match with Zilverberg dropping the 7-5 multiple OT match to Ream. I think it goes differently if they meet in Tulsa. All in all a great match and our guys looked good, always aggressive...love that we averaged over 2,000 for our duals, especially when the Bison highest attended match was just over 1700. Sidenote, I hope we can travel well next year and head up there and turn it into a home mat for our guys...

Comment

UP NEXT
              Both teams will be off from competition until the Big 12 Wrestling Championship March 3-4 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

#12 South Dakota State 22, North Dakota State 12
              157: #8 Clayton Ream (NDSU) dec. #13 Luke Zilverberg (SDSU), 7-5 [SV-2]
              165: Andrew Fogarty (NDSU) dec. Logan Peterson (SDSU), 6-3
              174: #10 David Kocer (SDSU) tech. fall Dylan Urbach (NDSU), 16-1 [6:13]
              184: Martin Mueller dec. Charley Popp (NDSU), 11-5
              197: #11 Nate Rotert (SDSU) dec. Cordell Eaton (NDSU), 3-1
              285: Dan Stibral (NDSU) dec. Alex Macki (SDSU), 5-0
              125: Connor Brown (SDSU) dec. Paul Bianchi (NDSU), 11-5
              133: #1 Seth Gross (SDSU) tech. fall Cam Sykora (NDSU), 16-0 [4:00]
              141: Henry Pohlmeyer (SDSU) dec. McGwire Midkiff (NDSU), 5-0
              149: Kyle Gliva (NDSU) dec. Colten Carlson (SDSU), 7-4

NOTES
              * NDSU leads the all-time series, 42-21-1, although the Jackrabbits have won the last four matchups
              * SDSU improved to 22-3 in duals against Big 12 Conference opponents since joining the league as an affiliate member at the start of the 2015-16 season
              * Kocer recorded his 101st career victory to tie Mike Engels (101-14-1 record from 1971-74) for 13th place on the SDSU career victories chart
              * Rotert moved into a tie with Zilverberg for 18th place on the Jackrabbit career wins list with 93
              * Gross improved to 21-0 in 133-pound matches this season

Comment

Bono Press Conference:
                https://youtu.be/iFPWMmwvGvw

SDSU vs NDSU Highlights:

https://youtu.be/K1p5UH4wHNs

Kish Press Conference:
                https://youtu.be/qWIDPppyMaE

Comment

So, the big 12 tourney is being streamed on Flo Wrestling. I looked into a subscription to watch, and they only offer a yearly subscription for $150. They have to offer something more affordable for those that want to watch that event.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                    So, the big 12 tourney is being streamed on Flo Wrestling. I looked into a subscription to watch, and they only offer a yearly subscription for $150. They have to offer something more affordable for those that want to watch that event.
                    Pretty sure you can get a monthly option.

https://www.flowrestling.org/signup

“MONTHLY: This option grants you access to all PRO content on the site you join. You’ll be billed once per month on the date that you originally signed up for your PRO subscription. For example, if you join on April 8th, you’ll be billed the monthly fee on May 8th, June 8th, and so on.

You can cancel a PRO subscription at any time. Simply access your account settings on desktop or mobile and click or tap the "My Subscription" option.‘\”

Comment

I assumed the same thing. On their FAQ’s, they’ve added an update that says they no longer offer the monthly subscription. I verified it with their support as well. Annual is the only option offered right now.

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Pretty sure you can get a monthly option.

https://www.flowrestling.org/signup

“MONTHLY: This option grants you access to all PRO content on the site you join. You’ll be billed once per month on the date that you originally signed up for your PRO subscription. For example, if you join on April 8th, you’ll be billed the monthly fee on May 8th, June 8th, and so on.

You can cancel a PRO subscription at any time. Simply access your account settings on desktop or mobile and click or tap the "My Subscription" option.‘\”

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                        I assumed the same thing. On their FAQ’s, they’ve added an update that says they no longer offer the monthly subscription. I verified it with their support as well. Annual is the only option offered right now.
                        Gotcha. Dang it.

Comment

Jacked Up Monday, 2/20/2018
                          : https://youtu.be/jrjNbXKu_Jk

Comment

Working...
                          X