GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

The Golden Eagles are 4-1 in conference at Mabee Center. Those 3500 gremlins under the seats at Mabee urged the Eagles to an overtime win against the bison. Denver was the only visitor of the Summit to win in Tulsa. If the Jackrabbits have trouble with the bigs like they did in Brookings, it could be a very close game. ORU seems to have the framework for a successful team as they settle into their zone defense and they can put up points at times. Jenkins Jr is finding more game heading into a week of rest until the next game. Jackrabbits play solid for 40 minutes today. Jackrabbits should bring great game as they get closer to sea level today and they keep those ORU gremlins under the seats for a huge win at Mabee. Go Jacks!!

ESPN3 has the game tonight.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

The Bison were up 2 in overtime in Tulsa Thursday with 2.8 ticks to go. Front court pass was deflected out of bounds by NDS, 2.2 ticks to go. Pass in, turnaround 3 pointer, nothing but net! Brutal!

Comment

Big game for the Jacks. Win this one and the two remaining home games and the 1 seed is guaranteed. Flatten and Daum are going have to shoot better against the zone.

Comment

I have a bad feeling about this one. Tough long road trip, historically don't play great in front of ORU''s 8000 (that looks like 1500).

I hope I'm wrong.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I’m with you. Second game of a road trip, team that’s pretty good at home, zone defense that gave us trouble earlier. I’d hate to see this one end up a loss but I would not be surprised.

At least Daum and (especially) King should be more rested than usual. Hopefully Flatten gets his shot back. We’ll need it.

Comment

I would guess ORU pounds it inside to try and get us in foul trouble. Theisen is going to have to take longer than 12 minutes to use up his 5 fouls. The Jacks should try and push the pace whenever they can.

Comment

Wow, packed house...

Love our black unis... Wish we wore them more.

Comment

Off topic, but I watched a bit of NDSU losing to Denver today. I wonder if they were the same refs as we had against Denver, because there were SO MANY touch fouls. A lot of free throws.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Wow, packed house...

Love our black unis... Wish we wore them more.
                  Yeah...easily 8k.

Great start. King playing great D early.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    I have a bad feeling about this one. Tough long road trip, historically don't play great in front of ORU''s 8000 (that looks like 1500).

I hope I'm wrong.
                    1500???
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jacks playing tough defense and the bench is loud. ORU's PG is out, and King is in the face of his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        1500???
                        Well...if you count the teams, cheerleaders, media.....

Comment

I really like the way we're attacking the zone early. Whoever called needing more of Thiesen and Daum playing at the same time was spot on. Nice high low threat going on right now. They need to avoid foul trouble now.

Comment

Going to be a long stretch without Jenkins and Telly if Otz sits them for the rest of the half.

Comment

Is there a way to start a petition to ensure that Key doesn't shoot another 3 again this season?

Comment

Working...
                              X