GDT: ORU at the Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: ORU at the Jacks

Thought I would get this thread rolling. Was down at Cubbies tonight and ORU came in to eat. Martianiez was on crutches with ice on her knee. Didn’t look good. Anyone heard any word on this?

Re: GDT: ORU at the Jacks

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Thought I would get this thread rolling. Was down at Cubbies tonight and ORU came in to eat. Martianiez was on crutches with ice on her knee. Didn’t look good. Anyone heard any word on this?
    She was hurt toward the end of the game against NDSU. She needed help off the court but otherwise I do not know anything regarding her injury.

Comment

If Martianiez is on the bench, we ought to expect more points in the paint today. The Jackrabbits have been running the ball in close on the drive and the post feed during the recent games while scoring big numbers. ORU still has some talent as 6'4" Brotons as a backup post. She has been playing 15+ minutes per game with 3.7 points and 4 rebounds. The Golden Eagles will not likely win the game at the line. Ihim has shot the 30% of the free throws and she averages around 54% with a team average of 66%. Martianiez shot about 83% for her free throws as she took 18% of the team shots there. The Jackrabbit defense should keep the ORU shooting more jump shots for players not named Ihim. The Golden Eagles will likely be beat handily in the paint today if the starting post is on the bench as the seniors enjoy a victory at Frost in their last Summit game in Brookings. Go Jacks!!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Looks like Selland is in uniform. Don't know if she gets any time, but good to see her out of the boot.

Comment

Selland in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Looks like Selland is in uniform. Don't know if she gets any time, but good to see her out of the boot.
            Selland is back. Scores in her first few seconds on the court. Awesome.

21-8 Jacks 1:00 in 1st.

Comment

75% shooing from the field for the Jacks in 1st qtr.

Comment

Ihim is just a matchup nightmare for us. We have no one that can keep her in front of them without giving her wide open 10 foot jumpers. Luckily she is hesitant to take them. Our bigs are really starting to play well and Selland looks great in limited minutes. Second quarter we looked very passive on both ends.

Comment

Ihim is just a matchup nightmare for us. We have no one that can keep her in front of them without giving her wide open 10 foot jumpers. Luckily she is hesitant to take them. Our bigs are really starting to play well and Selland looks great in limited minutes. Second quarter we looked very passive on both ends.
                  You're sure right about Ihim - she's azmaing. Imagine what she could do if surrounded by talent like there is in Brookings.

Selland: 7 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists in 11:00. She's going to make the team better.

90+ points for the 3rd time in 4 games.

Comment

Alexander leads us in scoring (16) and rebounds (9). Has that ever happened before? She is really shooting the ball well right now. If she can keep that up and Thompson/Larson score well down low, I like our chances to beat anyone.

Comment

This team is looking really good right now. Some of those transition plays were great to watch. The best for me was when Myah crashed the board for that put back, there was no stopping her!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ROlVWBjwo
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQX_qzzsCc
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

dont know what AJ did during practice but i have noticed that close in shots to the bucket that the Jacks seem to hard time making are now suddenly going in. its like the second half of the season they have turned it on.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            dont know what AJ did during practice but i have noticed that close in shots to the bucket that the Jacks seem to hard time making are now suddenly going in. its like the second half of the season they have turned it on.
                            I feel like this is the key to beating USD. They are smaller but a bit more athletic than us. However, they have no answer to Thompson, Larson, or Selland in the lane. Those 3 should be able to get any shot they want down there. If we spend the game against USD launching 3’s I don’t like our chances.

Comment

I feel like this is the key to beating USD. They are smaller but a bit more athletic than us. However, they have no answer to Thompson, Larson, or Selland in the lane. Those 3 should be able to get any shot they want down there. If we spend the game against USD launching 3’s I don’t like our chances.
                              I agree, if we don't throw the ball away too much trying to force it in. The big thing, I think, is control the boards and minimize TO's, this will maximize our possessions and minimize theirs, forcing them to have to shoot really well to beat us.The way we've been scoring,I think we can get enough points, but they'll come much harder.Defense has to be solid.

I think we'll have alternate plans in place if they make in game adjustments to stymie our offense, hopefully , we won't need any of them. We might throw some defenses at them to keep them from getting too comfortable . Can't wait for this game, but have to deal with W. Ill first....these two games on the road are going to be hard fought battles for sure.The way we've been playing has me pretty optimistic....we are getting down to the knitty-gritty. I'm sure our players are chomping at the bit, like thoroughbred race horses in the starting gate moments before the race. AJ holding the reins, once the gate opens, all he'll have to do is loose them a little and let them do what they do.

I hope the games don't get too strategic and we just annihilate both teams, but getting a W will be good, no matter how.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-11-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X