Jacks by 6, 1:28 left

Comment

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ The Rocky Mountain High City

Jacks gut it out by 4. Jenkins scores 31. Daum with 13 and 13

Ugly 2nd half, but a W

On to ORU

Comment

It’s nice to have a Davis Jenkins Jr on a night like this.... nearly half the points and some big FTs.

Any win in Denver is nice. This one was a little more interesting than most.

Comment

My opinion hasn’t changed - no team is the Summit is close to the Jacks. Depth and coaching makes watching them a pleasure - even if you are on the wrong side. Jenkins took the game over - and other guys chipped in when needed. Denver just doesn’t have the athletes or depth to stay with SDSU. Amigo went 1-11 and missed some layups which started the first half slide - and poor perimeter shooting from the Pioneers didn’t help. Nice crowd from SD at the game, too. Best of luck but not sure you need it.

Comment

Had to look it up. Between the two teams, 54 fouls were called. Four players fouled out and four more had 4 fouls. I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a pretty ridiculous number for 18 players (3 players played 5 minutes or less.)
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by timt89 View Post
                  My opinion hasn’t changed - no team is the Summit is close to the Jacks. Depth and coaching makes watching them a pleasure - even if you are on the wrong side. Jenkins took the game over - and other guys chipped in when needed. Denver just doesn’t have the athletes or depth to stay with SDSU. Amigo went 1-11 and missed some layups which started the first half slide - and poor perimeter shooting from the Pioneers didn’t help. Nice crowd from SD at the game, too. Best of luck but not sure you need it.
                  USD has a very good team this year. They had a hiccup in Denver but they are good.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    Had to look it up. Between the two teams, 54 fouls were called. Four players fouled out and four more had 4 fouls. I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems like a pretty ridiculous number for 18 players (3 players played 5 minutes or less.)
                    Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I knew King had to sit a lot, but didn't realize he only played 16 minutes. Have to give Brandon Key some props - 22 minutes, 7 points, 3 assists and no turnovers. And was also impressed by his pesky defense. Rosga, one of the better points in the league went 2-10 shooting. Key has gone from seeming to be in the doghouse and catching a lot of grief here to being an important part of this team. Not sure the Jacks would be sitting where they are without his contributions.

Comment

Last night was almost a worst nightmare come true with a small roster. One hurt, 3 foul out and we are playing at altitude. Thankfully it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                          Last night was almost a worst nightmare come true with a small roster. One hurt, 3 foul out and we are playing at altitude. Thankfully it worked out.
                          Who was or got hurt? I must have missed that?

Comment

All I can say is thankfully we had a few guards exit last year so we could bring in Jenkins. We have a few more losses without him.

Comment

Still no Chris Howell? is He hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Who was or got hurt? I must have missed that?
                                Chris Howell? He hasn't played for several games. He might have a foot injury, but it's never discussed in media injury reports. In addition, Beau Brown is recovering from a broken arm.

Congrats to the Jacks for gutting out the win. Losing Daum, Thiesen and King to fouls were heavy losses for a 10-player team. If he was still on the team, Dallas Polk-Hilliard might be getting some minutes.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X