GDT: Jackrabbits @ The Rocky Mountain High City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ The Rocky Mountain High City

The Pioneers are 4-5 in conference. The wins at Fargo, at Tulsa, at home against WIU, and at home against USD should indicate they can have some good games. There are some players with plenty of experience that will take the floor tonight. The Pioneers have changed their style the past 2 years and they are averaging 71.8 points per game. The 8 games won last year was a high since joining the Summit. The Pioneers are allowing over 73 points per game. The Jackrabbits have averaged 85. The Pioneers may have trouble getting to 8 wins with the shorter schedule this year. The Jackrabbits should stop the Pioneer home winning streak at 2 with an improving rotation headed down the last stretch of the conference season. Go Jacks!!

The game is on video through Altitude TV at 8pm.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ The Rocky Mountain High City

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The game is on video through Altitude TV at 8pm.
    So... We're probably relegated to watching the game on an illegal stream then. Unless anyone else has a better option?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      So... We're probably relegated to watching the game on an illegal stream then. Unless anyone else has a better option?
      It’s on Dish and DirectTV. I have Dish.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

SDSU is clearly the cream of the crop again in the Summit League. If Denver has great shooting like they had against South Dakota they have a chance. Also, Daniel Amigo is going to have to step up and hit his season average. Daum has totally dominated Amigo over the last four games. Hard not to like SDSU, depth and coaching. Look for DU to move up next season with some great recruits and two years before they can legitimately challenge SDSU during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          It’s on Dish and DirectTV. I have Dish.
          I have DirecTV and the only way you can watch it is if you have the sports package, unless you are within their footprint (Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and some areas of Idaho). I'm just going to sign up for the sports package today and cancel it tomorrow. They pro-rate it so it will cost next to nothing. This is what Altitude has to say about Dish:

"Dish Network does not carry Altitude 2 as a full-time service, but when bandwidth is available, provides live Altitude 2 games to their customers on a Sports Alternate channel. These channels change on a game-by-game basis, so please check your on-screen channel guide or on gamedays, check the altitude.tv homepage slide for a list of channel numbers for the game. Some Altitude 2 games are not available through Dish Network due to bandwidth constraints."

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I have DirecTV and the only way you can watch it is if you have the sports package, unless you are within their footprint (Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and some areas of Idaho). I'm just going to sign up for the sports package today and cancel it tomorrow. They pro-rate it so it will cost next to nothing. This is what Altitude has to say about Dish:

"Dish Network does not carry Altitude 2 as a full-time service, but when bandwidth is available, provides live Altitude 2 games to their customers on a Sports Alternate channel. These channels change on a game-by-game basis, so please check your on-screen channel guide or on gamedays, check the altitude.tv homepage slide for a list of channel numbers for the game. Some Altitude 2 games are not available through Dish Network due to bandwidth constraints."

Interesting. The game has always been available to me and it shows up tonight. I’ve always just assumed it was available no matter what.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Interesting. The game has always been available to me and it shows up tonight. I’ve always just assumed it was available no matter what.
              It's showing up on my Dish schedule as well. I have been able to watch the Denver game for at least the last two years.

Comment

Googled the game just to see what other streams are out there. A Facebook page came up with a link to itvstream. There is a free 7 day free trail. Just wondering if anyone has used this before?

https://www.facebook.com/events/2104811833138299/?ti=as

http://itvstream.net/NCAAM/live-stream/

Comment

so this isn't on espn3?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    so this isn't on espn3?
                    No ESPN3 unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      No ESPN3 unfortunately.
                      dang it, well aren't some Olympic sports starting tonight?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        dang it, well aren't some Olympic sports starting tonight?
                        Correct - a few start today/tonight and opening ceremony is tonight.

Comment

Side question on Dish Network. I have Midco and we get great service from Midco. However, I pay a lot for the service and someone suggested the other day that I investigate Dish Network -- my cell phone is through AT&T and AT&T has some bundles with Dish Network. An At&T guy told me I can get the Midco Sports channels on Dish. For those of you using Dish: is that correct?

(I do not want to cause thread drift...it seems people familiar with Dish and talking about tonight's game would likely know the answer to my question. So, no discussion please on Dish generally etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit'14 View Post
                            Googled the game just to see what other streams are out there. A Facebook page came up with a link to itvstream. There is a free 7 day free trail. Just wondering if anyone has used this before?

https://www.facebook.com/events/2104811833138299/?ti=as

http://itvstream.net/NCAAM/live-stream/
                            Never heard of it, but I'm interested. The fact that very little turns up when I searched for reviews is a little concerning. Anyone else?

Edit: When you click on the "free trial" link it takes you to a site called gleekplay. Be sure to Google that before giving them any info. You'll see more scam reports than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Side question on Dish Network. I have Midco and we get great service from Midco. However, I pay a lot for the service and someone suggested the other day that I investigate Dish Network -- my cell phone is through AT&T and AT&T has some bundles with Dish Network. An At&T guy told me I can get the Midco Sports channels on Dish. For those of you using Dish: is that correct?

(I do not want to cause thread drift...it seems people familiar with Dish and talking about tonight's game would likely know the answer to my question. So, no discussion please on Dish generally etc.)
                              All the Jacks games televised by Midco are available through ESPN3 which you have access to if you have Dish. When I had directTV, the games were on an actual alternate channel and I didn't need to go through ESPN3. I haven't looked to see if the Dish alternate channels have the Midco games.

So to answer your question, kinda, you can get the games through ESPN3 but you don't get the actual channel that I'm aware of. So you wouldn't have access to the high school sports they cover or Midco Sports Tonight, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X