GDT: Denver Pioneers @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Denver Pioneers @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Denver comes to Frost with 13-11(4-5) record. The Pioneers have collected wins against the Mastodons(twice), Bison, and Mavs to be firmly in 5th place in the Summit. The roster for Denver has 9 freshmen and sophomores on the team. They will graduate 1 senior starter and return 1 starter who is currently a junior. Coach Turgeon may have the Pioneers take another step forward next year. However, the game at hand is this year as the Jackrabbits lead the series 12-1 and I would expect the series to go to 13-1. The Jackrabbits have been on an improvement trajectory that could easily continue tonight with a possibility of Selland getting out for a few minutes on the floor. Bring some money to the game and buy one of those pink jerseys for the closet. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Denver Pioneers @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Looking good and leading big (24-9) after the first period. Larson and Alexander lead the scoring - lots going well these days.

Comment

Looks like the offense isn't running quite as smooth as it has the last two times out ,toward the end of the half we looked kind of indecisive on offense, lots of standing holding the ball, wonder if it's a peculiar problem due to the kind of defense they employ, maybe their length? Boxing out and allowing players to crash in on the rebound and tipping the rebound to keep it alive is a problem creeping back into play. Gave them Extra chances to score. We have to have them picking them up a couple steps further out and back them and keep them out more, we just stand under the basket and wait for the ball, by that time, they come crashing in and make it a tipping drill.

They usually end up with more rebounders too, if they really want the ballt,for sure their taller rebounders go for the offensive rebound most times,if we get the rebound fast enough, we have a good chance in scoring on the transition,and they want to spoil this as much as possible. Good half though, come off as kind of picky when we've got a pretty good lead I know 69-39 Jacks 1:09 left in 3rd Qtr
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-14-2018, 07:49 AM. Reason: spell chk

Comment

GDT: Denver Pioneers @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Complaining about an offense that put up 74 points in 3 quarters is a stretch. Though not a threat, Denver is a step above our last three opponents (and we “only”scored 85 vs NDSU).

I love the 4 quarters of quality play and high energy they’ve shown since the USD loss. AJ mentioned Selland is starting to get on the court a little now too. Looking good.

80-46 with 6:29 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Complaining about an offense that put up 74 points in 3 quarters is a stretch. Though not a threat, Denver is a step above our last three opponents (and we “only”scored 85 vs NDSU).

I love the 4 quarters of quality play and high energy they’ve shown since the USD loss. AJ mentioned Selland is starting to get on the court a little now too. Looking good.

80-46 with 6:29 to go.
          I agree ,and even said as much .
          Still some things we can get better at ,improvement is a never ending process

Comment

I just have to mention that behind the back drive to the hoop Lexi made tonight, that was a thing of beauty, She's such a great ball handler, too bad she's in her senior year. Hope we get a good crowd next Saturday to honor all our seniors for all their hard work and commitment to the program, proud of all three of them, Tiffaney, Ellie and Alexis thank you for your dedication to working hard and being a huge part to the success of our WBB teams the last four years.

Comment

Working...
            X