Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    Zenner did resign with the Lions today, so he must at least be comfortable with his situation there. No reports on what the contract looks like yet, but I saw one tweet saying it is for more than the one year minimum. Without knowing signing bonus, guaranteed money, or years of the contract, it's tough to say what him resigning really means.
    Means we probably wont see him in med school just yet. Just putting more money in his pocket while he can hopefully and get a chance to play.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/21/mo...baker-mayfield

This mock draft has Dallas at 24 to Carolina.

Comment

Does anyone know when Pro Day is for Goedert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Does anyone know when Pro Day is for Goedert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Friday

Comment

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...t-name-cowboys

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Comment

Goedert is not running the 40 per his agents advice to not risk injury. That is going to hurt his draft stock
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Goedert is not running the 40 per his agents advice to not risk injury. That is going to hurt his draft stock
                That's debatable imo. If he runs, there are two cons and one pro... risks injury and risks running slow vs could run fast and bolster his draft stock. If he doesn't run, there's only one con and one pro... can't show how fast he is vs. prevents injury. It might be the better choice of the two. It definitely isn't going to raise his draft stock, but I don't think it will necessarily lower it either. An injury would obviously lower his draft stock much more than not running will.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  That's debatable imo. If he runs, there are two cons and one pro... risks injury and risks running slow vs could run fast and bolster his draft stock. If he doesn't run, there's only one con and one pro... can't show how fast he is vs. prevents injury. It might be the better choice of the two. It definitely isn't going to raise his draft stock, but I don't think it will necessarily lower it either. An injury would obviously lower his draft stock much more than not running will.
                  Scouts could see it as him being afraid to run or look fragile. Zimmer said the scouts were not happy that he wasn't running because that is why they are there
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    Scouts could see it as him being afraid to run or look fragile. Zimmer said the scouts were not happy that he wasn't running because that is why they are there
                    Yeah, they might not be happy, but I just don't think it's going to drop his stock. He's doing everything else, and as long as he performs well, he'll be fine.

Comment

Yeah, they might not be happy, but I just don't think it's going to drop his stock. He's doing everything else, and as long as he performs well, he'll be fine.
                      Besides a scout never drafted a guy in the 1st or 2nd round. It may not look that good but come draft time the GM's and HC's will have his highlights and physical stats of almost 6'5/255# and that he produces.

Comment

A bit odd that he did the routes, jumping, and position work but not the 40. The 40 is hugely overrated, but it is a sexy number that is important. Hope it doesn’t bite him. Hopefully it miraculously lands him on the Broncos.

Comment

Nfl Combine TE results...http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=fullresults

Geodert's results...http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-%E2%...h-dakota-state

Goedert's 3-cone time of 6.87 seconds would have been second behind Gesicki's 6.76. His short shuttle time of 4.06 would have been first, just ahead of Gesicki's 4.10. His vertical of 35" would've been 4th. His broad jump of 10.1' would have finished third at the combine.

This was a great Pro Day showing for Goedert.

Comment

Can't hide an injury or flaw to these guys, they've seen every scenario there is. I don't think he is capable of any more speed than what he has already shown. Hope for the best and he has a long rewarding career.

Comment

If a guy can't run the 40 due to injury risk, he'll never make it in the NFL anyway.

Goedert's proneness to injury is why I've always had the opinion he'll never make it in NFL in the first place.

Obviously I could very well be wrong. I hope I am.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                If a guy can't run the 40 due to injury risk, he'll never make it in the NFL anyway.
                                No... No.

Comment

Working...
                                X