Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I don't think the draft strays too far from a players projected draft position, Dallas was projected to go at 51st pick, he went at the 49th pick. I just think Jake was jus a hair bit out of the circle of 7th rd picks. He was close, and now he gets another chance, I'm glad he's getting the chance, worked for Bryan Witzmann and his Chiefs. Anyone have info on other Jacks, Jacob Ohnesorge, Kellen Soulek? Hope someone gives them a tryout.
    Soulek has received an invite to the Colts rookie camp.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Gotta chuckle one that one! BTW, isn't your finger too tired from watching the Twins play to salute the commercials too!
      Haha, more like the tear ducts are "too tired"

Comment

I don't think the draft strays too far from a players projected draft position, Dallas was projected to go at 51st pick, he went at the 49th pick. I just think Jake was jus a hair bit out of the circle of 7th rd picks. He was close, and now he gets another chance, I'm glad he's getting the chance, worked for Bryan Witzmann and his Chiefs. Anyone have info on other Jacks, Jacob Ohnesorge, Kellen Soulek? Hope someone gives them a tryout.
        Ohnesorge is going to Seahawks' rookie camp.

Comment

Some mocks had Goedert going as high as 27th. Star Tribune had an article detailing how draft trades influenced Goedert's draft placement. Eagles' long-term QB situation seems more stable than Saints' (with Brees likely retiring within a couple years), so situation might work out better for Goedert, despite fact it cost him cash, although I believe it means the Eagles won't be able to use fifth-year option, so he'd theoretically hit free agency sooner.

Comment

Jakes pretty high on this list.

Comment

I hope Jake's strong desire to sign with his hometown team didn't cloud his judgement for better opportunities out there. They brought in at least two other undrafted receivers. I'm sure his agent weighed in.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I hope Jake's strong desire to sign with his hometown team didn't cloud his judgement for better opportunities out there. They brought in at least two other undrafted receivers. I'm sure his agent weighed in.
                The Vikes were apparently discussing a deal prior to the draft ending, so the interest was mutual. Plus, they didn't re-sign Floyd or Wright, have had phenomenal success with Thielen (another undrafted WR), and may be willing to part ways with Treadwell sooner rather than later.

What "better opportunities" would you have preferred he choose instead?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  The Vikes were apparently discussing a deal prior to the draft ending, so the interest was mutual. Plus, they didn't re-sign Floyd or Wright, have had phenomenal success with Thielen (another undrafted WR), and may be willing to part ways with Treadwell sooner rather than later.

What "better opportunities" would you have preferred he choose instead?
                  Most of the teams flirt with guys in the later rounds they want to sign as undrafted free agents so would not read too much into that. I'm a Vikings fan so happy he has a chance to compete for a spot and yes Vikings have history of awarding practice squad positions to guys who earn it. Haven't done the research and not sure they did either as he jumped on the Vikings spot quickly. I think he was too good a player to not get drafted. 32 teams thought otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Most of the teams flirt with guys in the later rounds they want to sign as undrafted free agents so would not read too much into that. I'm a Vikings fan so happy he has a chance to compete for a spot and yes Vikings have history of awarding practice squad positions to guys who earn it. Haven't done the research and not sure they did either as he jumped on the Vikings spot quickly. I think he was too good a player to not get drafted. 32 teams thought otherwise.
                    Star Trib's Andrew Krammer tweeted that Thielen reportedly reached out to Jake and said he couldn't have landed in a better spot, so there's that.

Comment

Good for him. Given the status of the Seahawks OL, maybe he can make it there. Ill cheer for him but not the seahawks.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Star Trib's Andrew Krammer tweeted that Thielen reportedly reached out to Jake and said he couldn't have landed in a better spot, so there's that.
                        Yep, I guess there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                          Good for him. Given the status of the Seahawks OL, maybe he can make it there. Ill cheer for him but not the seahawks.
                          The nice thing about playing fantasy football is it taught me how to cheer for players but not the team. This will come in handy with Wieneke going to the Vikings.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Stay classy Philly.

http://dailysnark.com/eagles-rookie-...ge-first-name/

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              I'm going to go on a limb and say that the people who started it and 90% of the people who are supporting it are doing so in jest.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                The nice thing about playing fantasy football is it taught me how to cheer for players but not the team. This will come in handy with Wieneke going to the Vikings.
                                Yeah for both of them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X