Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    As Nidaros mentioned, Coach Larson was on staff under Daly in the early 90's. He was O-Line coach for 3 years, then O-Line/co-offensive coordinator for 2 years (along with Gerry Gdowski). He left coaching after that stint to enter the seminary. He's responsible for recruiting 2 of the top 5 TE's (if I may be so bold to say) in SDSU football history. So, his eye for talent was keen, and I would say remains to this day (once a coach, always a coach).

Will be curious to see Dallas at the next level, wherever he ends up. Same with Jake, but just hope he gets a fair look. His combine and pro-day performances weren't great by any means. His film speaks volumes, but too often it seems like test numbers take precedent over film.
    Thank you for the correction. I really could not recall how long he was on the SDSU staff but longer than what I stated. Catchem would know.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
      For those curious, here's the @goedert33 touchdown that never was. https://t.co/mnNR2Posmt
      I found the ndsu catch that was taken away
      Wouldn't a refs basic responsibility to watch the ball til the plays over? This one needs remedial training.NDSU is fortunate they don't have decent video replay on this one.

Comment

Story about trend of the TE position in the NFL and features Dallas and the Penn St TE. https://www.theringer.com/2018/4/19/...dallas-goedert

Comment

Well, Goedert didn't make the 1st round, which I don't think is too surprising. ESPN has him ranked as the #2 TE; #36 Overall.

One TE taken so far:
          25 Pick - Ravens - Hayden Hurst; South Carolina - #1 TE, #28 Overall per ESPN.

I would guess that Goedert goes early today in the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
            Well, Goedert didn't make the 1st round, which I don't think is too surprising. ESPN has him ranked as the #2 TE; #36 Overall.

One TE taken so far:

Please not the browns. I was hoping he would get minn, or philly or NE. Maybe Det would be ok, with him and zenner that would be cool.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

One TE taken so far:

It just kind of keeps with his narrative that he gets "overlooked." Dallas playing to prove something will be a very nice addition to any team
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Please not the browns. I was hoping he would get minn, or philly or NE. Maybe Det would be ok, with him and zenner that would be cool.
                I would expect a lot of shuffling in the 2nd round. The order you see posted will change before the day is over. I still think New England, Minnesota and New Orleans are the three top candidates. New Orlean's offense would be nuts with Goedert as an additional target for Brees. New England need a replacement for Gronk who has all but said this is his last year. Minnesota? They could definitely use him, it is also my, and likely most Jack fans pick for the obvious reason.

Comment

Maybe better off going later in the round, so won't get stuck with some sorry team. There should be some penalty for the perpetual low echelon teams. However, there are no other lesser leagues to be reassigned to. It will have to be some sort of financial incentive.

Comment

Just got an update on a sports app that I use that Jason Whitten is retiring to join MNF crew. So, the Cowboys need a TE. Not sure when they pick next.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...QFB?li=BBnbfcL edited to add linky

SUPERBUNNY
                    Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 04-27-2018, 11:06 AM. Reason: add link
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Just got an update on a sports app that I use that Jason Whitten is retiring to join MNF crew. So, the Cowboys need a TE. Not sure when they pick next.

SUPERBUNNY
                      50th pick.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        50th pick.
                        Personally I hope he goes anywhere but Dallas.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=SUPERBUNNY;331265]Personally I hope he goes anywhere but Dallas.

SUPERBUNNY[/QUOTE

Philadelphia it is

Comment

Wohooo!! ......go'n to defending NFL champs Philly,picked 49TH....him AND Carson Wentz will be teammates.Congrats Dallas.The MVFC pipeline to Phiiy. Link

Comment

Philly trolling Dallas big time

Comment

Not the first SDSU tight end with the Eagles. Way back to Pete Retzlaff.

Comment

Working...
                                X