Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Good luck to Dallas and Jake and the others who are being considered for the NFL draft. Our friends to the North have 10 candidates. We will soon find out who is injury prone when the games begin next summer and early fall. No longer will these candidates be playing for Saturday game days, but Sundays and $$$$ a big difference in level of play. Like Mr. Daum said in his Zimmer interview, the NFL and NBA are businesses looking for the best people and nothing is personal in making their choices.

Comment

Missing piece that could put five teams over the top

https://search.app.goo.gl/R4UDh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Goedert was added to the Vikings Top 30 prospect lists. Sounds like he'll visit with them in Eagan tonight. A guy can dream, but I don't think the Vikings will be using their 1st round pick on a TE. Maybe he'll slide and the Vikings will trade up to get him, or maybe the vikings will trade back and acquire more picks? Who knows.

Comment

In a the highlight catches Goedert had two of the best were buffed by the officials so no one ever shows them. The tight end screen touchdown against the Illinois State that was called back on a bogus man up field call and the NDSU touchdown that was called incomplete because the ref was trying to see who he was trying to get for targeting instead of noticing Goedert catching the ball after it bounced off himself. The stadium camera missed it but our sideline camera caught the play. Both were in his monster junior year and perhaps both sport enter top 10 quality

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
            In a the highlight catches Goedert had two of the best were buffed by the officials so no one ever shows them. The tight end screen touchdown against the Illinois State that was called back on a bogus man up field call and the NDSU touchdown that was called incomplete because the ref was trying to see who he was trying to get for targeting instead of noticing Goedert catching the ball after it bounced off himself. The stadium camera missed it but our sideline camera caught the play. Both were in his monster junior year and perhaps both sport enter top 10 quality
            I don't suppose there is video of the Illinois State catch called back? I don't believe I was able to watch that game and only listened on the radio. IIRC, that play getting called back pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game being a debacle?

Comment

Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I don't suppose there is video of the Illinois State catch called back? I don't believe I was able to watch that game and only listened on the radio. IIRC, that play getting called back pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game being a debacle?
              I saw it on Twitter I think, I’ll have to see if I can find the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: found it I think https://twitter.com/thekaneevent/sta...276338177?s=21
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

https://youtu.be/bQpL5xaasNI
                The catch is about 2:15 in but is not the Sideline view that matt had.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                  https://youtu.be/bQpL5xaasNI
                  The catch is about 2:15 in but is not the Sideline view that matt had.
                  It may be just me, but both Dallas and TC look so much quicker and mobile in the 2016 highlights vs. what we saw for the majority of 2017. It's been discussed that Dallas got too big in 2017, and has slimmed down since, but did TC as well?
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

For those curious, here's the @goedert33 touchdown that never was. https://t.co/mnNR2Posmt
                    I found the ndsu catch that was taken away

Comment

Long Goedert article from ESPN...http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rst-round-pick

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        Was just going to link this. Good article although most is stuff that's been written before.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Was just going to link this. Good article although most is stuff that's been written before.
                          I must have missed the stuff about the guy from Milbank in previous articles. That was something new for me and a pretty story.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            I must have missed the stuff about the guy from Milbank in previous articles. That was something new for me and a pretty story.
                            That was in a Midco Sports Piece (7:45 mark). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ovElB36Tc

Comment

Carl Larsen was on the staff when Mike Daly was head coach. He was at SDSU maybe two years and then left for the Seminary. Apparently he can still can spot talent.

Comment

As Nidaros mentioned, Coach Larson was on staff under Daly in the early 90's. He was O-Line coach for 3 years, then O-Line/co-offensive coordinator for 2 years (along with Gerry Gdowski). He left coaching after that stint to enter the seminary. He's responsible for recruiting 2 of the top 5 TE's (if I may be so bold to say) in SDSU football history. So, his eye for talent was keen, and I would say remains to this day (once a coach, always a coach).

Will be curious to see Dallas at the next level, wherever he ends up. Same with Jake, but just hope he gets a fair look. His combine and pro-day performances weren't great by any means. His film speaks volumes, but too often it seems like test numbers take precedent over film.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X