Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Eagles just release TE Brent Celek. Wentz to Goedert for the next 10 years anyone??
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Eagles just release TE Brent Celek. Wentz to Goedert for the next 10 years anyone??
      Eagles have arguably a Top 5 TE in Zach Ertz, so it's probably unlikely they go TE in the first. The Eagles don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick, so they'd need to trade up if they really wanted Goedert.

Comment

I just hope Dallas doesn’t go early 2nd round to a awful team
        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
          Looking at the teams that have a "need" at TE according to the experts:

Texans
          Jags
          Saints
          Bengals
          Ravens

If Watson comes back healthy and can play the way he did to start the season, then I would love to see him go to Houston. Of course, the 2 or 3 years with Drew in 'Nahlins would be fun too
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Looking at the teams that have a "need" at TE according to the experts:

Texans
            Jags
            Saints
            Bengals
            Ravens

If Watson comes back healthy and can play the way he did to start the season, then I would love to see him go to Houston. Of course, the 2 or 3 years with Drew in 'Nahlins would be fun too
            I'm Guessing NO Aints.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
              It is always possible, but my guess would be if he gets into the 2nd round, someone of higher quality would trade up to get him

Comment

Lions released Eric Ebron. Potential spot for Goedert?
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Definitely. Lions and Saints are front runners at this point imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    A Goedert jersey would go well with my Zenner jersey, for sure!
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Please not the Lions, JFC not the Lions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Finally! That was a horrible pick when it was made and Ebron is not an NFL TE.

Didn't like ZZ on this team because they are a pass first team.

Like this spot for #86. Stafford will use the TE when they can catch.

Comment

I thought maybe the Packers would go for Goedert, but now with Graham that certainly wont happen. Kinda glad though as I wont have to cheer for him wearing green.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            A Goedert jersey would go well with my Zenner jersey, for sure!
                            I don't know if I see Zenner making the team after training camp this year. The Lions have actively been pursuing a number of Free Agent RB's right now, plus they have Abdullah. Not sure on the contracts of their others, but that's 2 RB's already ahead of Zenner. With how little he played last year plus new coaching, I just wouldn't be surprised if his time in Detroit is up. Not saying that his time in the league is up though, teams do like guys that are great special teams players and can be relied on to hold onto the ball when needed.
                            Last edited by mnjackrbt; 03-16-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                              I don't know if I see Zenner making the team after training camp this year. The Lions have actively been pursuing a number of Free Agent RB's right now, plus they have Abdullah. Not sure on the contracts of their others, but that's 2 RB's already ahead of Zenner. With how little he played last year plus no coaching, I just wouldn't be surprised if his time in Detroit is up. Not saying that his time in the league is up though, teams do like guys that are great special teams players and can be relied on to hold onto the ball when needed.
                              I think it will come down to if he wants to keep going in the NFL or go to med school if he gets released by the Lions. He definitely could find a spot somewhere if he wanted, but we’ll see if he wants to go through with all that goes with that.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                I think it will come down to if he wants to keep going in the NFL or go to med school if he gets released by the Lions. He definitely could find a spot somewhere if he wanted, but we’ll see if he wants to go through with all that goes with that.

Zenner did resign with the Lions today, so he must at least be comfortable with his situation there. No reports on what the contract looks like yet, but I saw one tweet saying it is for more than the one year minimum. Without knowing signing bonus, guaranteed money, or years of the contract, it's tough to say what him resigning really means.

Comment

Working...
                                X