Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    The nice thing about playing fantasy football is it taught me how to cheer for players but not the team. This will come in handy with Wieneke going to the Vikings.
    Oh I know they are, but my statement remains.

Also he himself mentions it in that in car interview on the way from the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      The more that I think about it, the more I think Dallas should have some fun with this. If I were him, I'd:

Align the Go-Fund-Me with a local charity (i.e. Make A Wish Philadelphia) and set a fund raising goal the week of their home game against the Cowboys. If the goal was reached, Dallas would change his name to Philly just for the day of the game. Could do a lot of fun stuff like put "Philly" on the back of his jersey, maybe make child who was the recipient of the money raised be the "fan of the game," etc...

Lots of winning going on here. He'd endear himself to the fan base, raise money for a worthy cause, and give the Eagle fans something to talk about throughout the week of the rivalry.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

The Goedert 'Go Fund Me" / Name Change story was linked on the general msn.com page. LOL.

(There must be some USD fans living in Philly)

Comment

The more that I think about it, the more I think Dallas should have some fun with this. If I were him, I'd:

Align the Go-Fund-Me with a local charity (i.e. Make A Wish Philadelphia) and set a fund raising goal the week of their home game against the Cowboys. If the goal was reached, Dallas would change his name to Philly just for the day of the game. Could do a lot of fun stuff like put "Philly" on the back of his jersey, maybe make child who was the recipient of the money raised be the "fan of the game," etc...

Lots of winning going on here. He'd endear himself to the fan base, raise money for a worthy cause, and give the Eagle fans something to talk about throughout the week of the rivalry.
          Great Ideas!

Comment

They're just Philly Dallying around ,probably!! Something like that anyway.

Comment

Good idea but not a great look as a rookie (in my opinion). Maybe after a couple years if he’s established on the team.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Good idea but not a great look as a rookie (in my opinion). Maybe after a couple years if he’s established on the team.
                I don't see why it would be a bad look. It is a fun way to raise money for a charity.

On a side note...I wonder if his rookie contract will stipulate that he cannot ride a unicycle over a certain height.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

What's Goedert's middle name? Maybe he can start going by his initials to win over the fickle Philly fan base.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    What's Goedert's middle name? Maybe he can start going by his initials to win over the fickle Philly fan base.
                    Possibly his middle name is Phillip.

Comment

I think he should ride into the locker room on a unicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I think he should ride into the locker room on a unicycle.
                        Why not!! Sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Possibly his middle name is Phillip.
                          LOL, DP Goedert. Now that would be a bold move, Philly would love it.

DG or DPG are legit nicknames, but he'll have to earn it. I think he has the potential to do just that with a couple dazzling 1 handed catches.

Comment

Shows Contract details if anybody wondered

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-avonte-maddox

Comment

I'd be curious what the guaranteed money is.

My best guess:
                              $2,170,388 signing bonus - received at signing and already in his bank account.
                              Year 1 Salary: $1,022,597 - divide that amongst 16 and paid after every game. I'm assuming it's not guaranteed, however, a 2nd round pick is going to make the roster no matter how bad he could look in training camp - he won't get cut in year 1.
                              Year 2 Salary: $1,278,246 - Pretty much guaranteed to make the team in year 2 as well.
                              Year 3 and 4: Only way you're not getting paid those years is if you prove to be a huge bust.

So I'd say signing bonus plus years 1 and 2 is more or less guaranteed. Nice chunk of change for a 20 something year old.

Comment

Philly Goedert reading
                                https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...h-dakota-state

GodErtz reading
                                https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...n-offense-film

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X