Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Default Re: Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Good luck to Dallas and Jake and the others who are being considered for the NFL draft. Our friends to the North have 10 candidates. We will soon find out who is injury prone when the games begin next summer and early fall. No longer will these candidates be playing for Saturday game days, but Sundays and $$$$ a big difference in level of play. Like Mr. Daum said in his Zimmer interview, the NFL and NBA are businesses looking for the best people and nothing is personal in making their choices.

Missing piece that could put five teams over the top

https://search.app.goo.gl/R4UDh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Goedert was added to the Vikings Top 30 prospect lists. Sounds like he'll visit with them in Eagan tonight. A guy can dream, but I don't think the Vikings will be using their 1st round pick on a TE. Maybe he'll slide and the Vikings will trade up to get him, or maybe the vikings will trade back and acquire more picks? Who knows.

In a the highlight catches Goedert had two of the best were buffed by the officials so no one ever shows them. The tight end screen touchdown against the Illinois State that was called back on a bogus man up field call and the NDSU touchdown that was called incomplete because the ref was trying to see who he was trying to get for targeting instead of noticing Goedert catching the ball after it bounced off himself. The stadium camera missed it but our sideline camera caught the play. Both were in his monster junior year and perhaps both sport enter top 10 quality

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu_drake View Post
    In a the highlight catches Goedert had two of the best were buffed by the officials so no one ever shows them. The tight end screen touchdown against the Illinois State that was called back on a bogus man up field call and the NDSU touchdown that was called incomplete because the ref was trying to see who he was trying to get for targeting instead of noticing Goedert catching the ball after it bounced off himself. The stadium camera missed it but our sideline camera caught the play. Both were in his monster junior year and perhaps both sport enter top 10 quality
    I don't suppose there is video of the Illinois State catch called back? I don't believe I was able to watch that game and only listened on the radio. IIRC, that play getting called back pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game being a debacle?

Default Goedert and Wieneke invited to NFL combine

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    I don't suppose there is video of the Illinois State catch called back? I don't believe I was able to watch that game and only listened on the radio. IIRC, that play getting called back pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game being a debacle?
    I saw it on Twitter I think, Iíll have to see if I can find the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: found it I think https://twitter.com/thekaneevent/sta...276338177?s=21
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

https://youtu.be/bQpL5xaasNI
    The catch is about 2:15 in but is not the Sideline view that matt had.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu_drake View Post
    https://youtu.be/bQpL5xaasNI
    The catch is about 2:15 in but is not the Sideline view that matt had.
    It may be just me, but both Dallas and TC look so much quicker and mobile in the 2016 highlights vs. what we saw for the majority of 2017. It's been discussed that Dallas got too big in 2017, and has slimmed down since, but did TC as well?
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

For those curious, here's the @goedert33 touchdown that never was. https://t.co/mnNR2Posmt
    I found the ndsu catch that was taken away