Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100K 3-on-3 Tournament

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Keep in mind this tourney is for seniors. Not many seniors make the draft lottery anymore. From what I remember, the only two seniors to go in the first round of the 2017 NBA draft were the last two picks of the first round. Most of these seniors from any conference won't be drafted. Daum will likely be one of a handful that will.
    Good point on the seniors. In today's college basketball the best of the best just don't stick around 4 years.

That being said if you're a senior and projected to go late first round/early second it's not a slam dunk thing to just say "let's go play 3-on-3" because it could quite literally cost you millions of dollars. From Forbes the last pick in the 1st round had a guaranteed contract of over $3 million. It drops off significantly for players in the 2nd round so not as big of deal for them. Certainly this will be a case by case basis on whether a certain senior plays or not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe.../#5697b1f0be15

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    It's only a couple day ordeal. It's not going to raise or lower any draft stock from playing in a 3on3 tourney. I think it would be a no brainer to participate. You get to represent your school and conference one last time (possibly make money as well). It will give you more exposure as well if a team from a mid-major made it far.

Every game will be streamed on either twitter or espn3 so the fans can watch.
    Pretty easy to say on a message board. Not quite as much if you had $3+million on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Big difference between "Good" and "Entertaining." With money on the line, I think this will be entertaining forsure.
      Agreed, I think this will be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        I'm thinking it will resemble a game of horse.
        Have you played in or watched a 3 on 3 tournament before?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Have you played in or watched a 3 on 3 tournament before?
          Yup. Pretty sure the players that are chosen will be offensive machines. It may be fun only time will tell.

Comment

Yup. Pretty sure the players that are chosen will be offensive machines. It may be fun only time will tell.
            Then, do you know what H-O-R-S-E looks like? Cause I've never seen 3on3 look like that.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Have you ever played or watched the old guys on a Saturday morning play at the Y? There is always that one guy who guys way too hard all the time. Taking charges, boxing out/undercutting, fouling hard if anybody tries to shot in the lane. If you have any shot at playing in the NBA, you should be no where near this tournament. With that much money on the line and teams filled with guys who can't let their career end it has the potential to be a blood bath. Even if you are not drafted, being on the end of an NBA bench would be more lucrative than winning this tournament. I do agree that it would be fun to watch.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I wonder when we find out who will be one this team?

Comment

I wonder when we find out who will be one this team?
                  Looks like Reed is for sure on the team:

http://gojacks.com/news/2018/3/23/me...ournament.aspx

This twitter post from 3X3U says that teams will be announced next week Monday-Thursday 4ET:

https://twitter.com/3X3UHoops/status/976910418265411584

Comment

Nick Fuller also selected for the team, USD announces. Would expect last 2 to be Bryson Scott and Paul Miller

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Nick Fuller also selected for the team, USD announces. Would expect last 2 to be Bryson Scott and Paul Miller
                      I was just going to say some shooters would be nice like miller and someone like scott who can drive it and handle the ball. will be interesting to see how this tournament goes.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Looks like Reed is for sure on the team:

http://gojacks.com/news/2018/3/23/me...ournament.aspx

This twitter post from 3X3U says that teams will be announced next week Monday-Thursday 4ET:

https://twitter.com/3X3UHoops/status/976910418265411584
                        Reed still does not look old enough to buy beer. I would ask for his ID, or maybe I am just plain old and everyone looks youthful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Reed still does not look old enough to buy beer. I would ask for his ID, or maybe I am just plain old and everyone looks youthful.
                          Yes and yes.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Per the tournament web site, the following will represent the Summit. Oddly enough, Reed is not listed. All players representing all the conferences can be found here.

Summit League
                            • Daniel Amigo, G, Denver
                            • Paul Miller, G, North Dakota State
                            • Nick Fuller, F, South Dakota
                            • Bryson Scott, G, Fort Wayne (IPFW)

I just read that this was released on March 7th, so I was in error of who's on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              Per the tournament web site, the following will represent the Summit. Oddly enough, Reed is not listed. All players representing all the conferences can be found here.

Summit League
                              • Daniel Amigo, G, Denver
                              • Paul Miller, G, North Dakota State
                              • Nick Fuller, F, South Dakota
                              • Bryson Scott, G, Fort Wayne (IPFW)

I just read that this was released on March 7th, so I was in error of who's on the team.
                              No, that's their "watch list" that they put out in December. Looks like Reed probably replaced Amigo. The lack of information surrounding this thing is disappointing and has me a little skeptical.

Comment

.... and that's why I said I was in error. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X