X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100K 3-on-3 Tournament

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...our-will-work/

How cool is this!

There will be a 3on3 tournament during the final four and all 32 conferences will participate. Teams will be made up of 4 eligible seniors.

The NCAA is not involved with this.

Who would represent the Summit?

Telly?
    Theisen?
    Paul Miller(NDSU)
    Owens(ORU)?
    Scott(Fort Wayne)?
    Amigo(Denver)?
    Hurst(USD)?

I think Paul Miller is the only given.

Re: 100K 3-on-3 Tournament

The conferences will be divided up into eight-4 team pools. They will be bracketed by KenPom conference rankings. Currently, that would put the #1 Big 12 with, #16 Metro Atlantic, #17 Summit, and #32 MEAAC. Top team from each pool would qualify for quarterfinals. Theoretically, the Summit would be matched up with two teams that we should be very competitive with. If you get hot and knock off the Big 12, you could be set for a very nice payday and nice exposure for the conference. Ultimately, Vegas wins with this as there is another fun thing to bet on.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      The conferences will be divided up into eight-4 team pools. They will be bracketed by KenPom conference rankings. Currently, that would put the #1 Big 12 with, #16 Metro Atlantic, #17 Summit, and #32 MEAAC. Top team from each pool would qualify for quarterfinals. Theoretically, the Summit would be matched up with two teams that we should be very competitive with. If you get hot and knock off the Big 12, you could be set for a very nice payday and nice exposure for the conference. Ultimately, Vegas wins with this as there is another fun thing to bet on.
      Such a cool idea.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...our-will-work/

How cool is this!

There will be a 3on3 tournament during the final four and all 32 conferences will participate. Teams will be made up of 4 eligible seniors.

The NCAA is not involved with this.

Who would represent the Summit?

Telly?
        Theisen?
        Paul Miller(NDSU)
        Owens(ORU)?
        Scott(Fort Wayne)?
        Amigo(Denver)?
        Hurst(USD)?

I think Paul Miller is the only given.
        If this is still a thing next year the Summit team would be stacked!
        Daum, Mooney, Konchar and possibly Flatten and another one of the USD players (Jeck, Burch-Manning, Hagedorn)
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm guessing Miller, Scott, and Amigo are going to be on there for sure. The 4th would be Telly or Ancrum I'm thinking.

Next year's Summit 3 on 3 team will be salty. Daum and Mooney with 2 of Rozga, Konchar, or Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            If this is still a thing next year the Summit team would be stacked!
            Daum, Mooney, Konchar and possibly Flatten and another one of the USD players (Jeck, Burch-Manning, Hagedorn)
            Can’t imagine Daum (and every other senior with a draft shot) even thinking about playing in this.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Can’t imagine Daum (and every other senior with a draft shot) even thinking about playing in this.
              Agreed - anyone with any draft hopes will be training for that somewhere else.

Comment

Yeah, that will be interesting. Although look at how many players participate in senior bowls for football, which is a sport that is much more likely to produce injuries. How is this different?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Agreed - anyone with any draft hopes will be training for that somewhere else.
                  It's only a couple day ordeal. It's not going to raise or lower any draft stock from playing in a 3on3 tourney. I think it would be a no brainer to participate. You get to represent your school and conference one last time (possibly make money as well). It will give you more exposure as well if a team from a mid-major made it far.

Every game will be streamed on either twitter or espn3 so the fans can watch.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Yeah, that will be interesting. Although look at how many players participate in senior bowls for football, which is a sport that is much more likely to produce injuries. How is this different?
                    I’d say most of the senior bowl guys are still trying to improve their draft stock like Goedert. Guys are starting to sit out bowl games so highly rated guys are recognizing the risks. If you’re a first rounder or early second there will be guys that don’t play in this event. One wrong cut and you aren’t getting drafted.

Comment

I’d say most of the senior bowl guys are still trying to improve their draft stock like Goedert. Guys are starting to sit out bowl games so highly rated guys are recognizing the risks. If you’re a first rounder or early second there will be guys that don’t play in this event. One wrong cut and you aren’t getting drafted.
                      I can see maybe the top 10 type guys stay out, but I would be surprised to see anyone that thinks they'll get drafted stay out.

Comment

Keep in mind this tourney is for seniors. Not many seniors make the draft lottery anymore. From what I remember, the only two seniors to go in the first round of the 2017 NBA draft were the last two picks of the first round. Most of these seniors from any conference won't be drafted. Daum will likely be one of a handful that will.

Comment

Do you really think this will be good basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            Do you really think this will be good basketball?
                            Big difference between "Good" and "Entertaining." With money on the line, I think this will be entertaining forsure.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Big difference between "Good" and "Entertaining." With money on the line, I think this will be entertaining forsure.
                              I'm thinking it will resemble a game of horse.

Comment

Working...
                              X