Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles next years at QB

Default Eagles next years at QB

What about QB next year when you have two very capable QB in Nick Folds and Carson Wentz? Do you trade Foles after yesterday’s fine performance? What about Carson? A great problem to have. No matter choice they make, they have a big bargaining chip in a trade.

Default Re: Eagles next years at QB

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    What about QB next year when you have two very capable QB in Nick Folds and Carson Wentz? Do you trade Foles after yesterday’s fine performance? What about Carson? A great problem to have. No matter choice they make, they have a big bargaining chip in a trade.
    No way they would even consider trading Carson. Not even a 1% chance they would consider it. Foles could go for the right deal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    No way they would even consider trading Carson. Not even a 1% chance they would consider it. Foles could go for the right deal, though.
    Yeah I don't think Wentz is going anywhere. Such a weird deal though with Foles. Part of me says he just earned himself a pretty good gig somewhere, but at the same time, he's already been a few places and had some success but for the most part has not done well. It will be interested to see what happens with him.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

I always knew Wentz was a system QB - last night just confirmed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    I always knew Wentz was a system QB - last night just confirmed it.
    I had a friend, a non-SDSU fan, someone who knows nothing of NDSU say the same thing to me last night.

I think Foles gets traded, would not be surprised to see him backing up Brady next season. Wentz will have a lot to prove. The early season Eagles schedule was cupcake central. It won't be next year. Personally, I doubt Wentz finished his career in Philadelphia. That town is brutal, a nasty place to play any sport. The expectations will be high next year. I highly doubt they meet those expectations. Wentz's head will be the first they begin calling for.

If anything, this is an example of a coach working to fit the players he has. He took an ok player in Foles and made him look great. a lot of coaches I don't think could do that. it helps having good players around him it seems.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    If anything, this is an example of a coach working to fit the players he has. He took an ok player in Foles and made him look great. a lot of coaches I don't think could do that. it helps having good players around him it seems.
    Doug Pederson is a very good coach. An no doubt expectations will be very high in Philly next year. Wentz has very good relationship with Pederson and the owner. Not much chance Wentz will be traded. There will be franchises looking for a QB, so most likely Noles will be traded. I guess I was still glowing from the Noles performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Doug Pederson is a very good coach. An no doubt expectations will be very high in Philly next year. Wentz has very good relationship with Pederson and the owner. Not much chance Wentz will be traded. There will be franchises looking for a QB, so most likely Noles will be traded. I guess I was still glowing from the Noles performance yesterday.
    just to be clear your talking about Fick Noles the QB?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Yes Foles is likely to be traded.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 02-05-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    just to be clear your talking about Fick Noles the QB?
    Damn I can NOT get this guys name straight. It is Nick Foles that I am referring too. My apologies to everyone wasting their time reading this thread.