Eagles next years at QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles next years at QB

What about QB next year when you have two very capable QB in Nick Folds and Carson Wentz? Do you trade Foles after yesterday’s fine performance? What about Carson? A great problem to have. No matter choice they make, they have a big bargaining chip in a trade.

Re: Eagles next years at QB

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    What about QB next year when you have two very capable QB in Nick Folds and Carson Wentz? Do you trade Foles after yesterday’s fine performance? What about Carson? A great problem to have. No matter choice they make, they have a big bargaining chip in a trade.
    No way they would even consider trading Carson. Not even a 1% chance they would consider it. Foles could go for the right deal, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      No way they would even consider trading Carson. Not even a 1% chance they would consider it. Foles could go for the right deal, though.
      Yeah I don't think Wentz is going anywhere. Such a weird deal though with Foles. Part of me says he just earned himself a pretty good gig somewhere, but at the same time, he's already been a few places and had some success but for the most part has not done well. It will be interested to see what happens with him.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I always knew Wentz was a system QB - last night just confirmed it.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I always knew Wentz was a system QB - last night just confirmed it.
          I had a friend, a non-SDSU fan, someone who knows nothing of NDSU say the same thing to me last night.

I think Foles gets traded, would not be surprised to see him backing up Brady next season. Wentz will have a lot to prove. The early season Eagles schedule was cupcake central. It won't be next year. Personally, I doubt Wentz finished his career in Philadelphia. That town is brutal, a nasty place to play any sport. The expectations will be high next year. I highly doubt they meet those expectations. Wentz's head will be the first they begin calling for.

Comment

If anything, this is an example of a coach working to fit the players he has. He took an ok player in Foles and made him look great. a lot of coaches I don't think could do that. it helps having good players around him it seems.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              If anything, this is an example of a coach working to fit the players he has. He took an ok player in Foles and made him look great. a lot of coaches I don't think could do that. it helps having good players around him it seems.
              Doug Pederson is a very good coach. An no doubt expectations will be very high in Philly next year. Wentz has very good relationship with Pederson and the owner. Not much chance Wentz will be traded. There will be franchises looking for a QB, so most likely Noles will be traded. I guess I was still glowing from the Noles performance yesterday.

Comment

Doug Pederson is a very good coach. An no doubt expectations will be very high in Philly next year. Wentz has very good relationship with Pederson and the owner. Not much chance Wentz will be traded. There will be franchises looking for a QB, so most likely Noles will be traded. I guess I was still glowing from the Noles performance yesterday.
                just to be clear your talking about Fick Noles the QB?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Yes Foles is likely to be traded.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 02-05-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    just to be clear your talking about Fick Noles the QB?
                    Damn I can NOT get this guys name straight. It is Nick Foles that I am referring too. My apologies to everyone wasting their time reading this thread.

Comment

Damn I can NOT get this guys name straight. It is Nick Foles that I am referring too. My apologies to everyone wasting their time reading this thread.
                      no worries, but I think he might be considered a starter depending on the team or he has some options at the very least one back up that any team would love to have his experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Yeah I don't think Wentz is going anywhere. Such a weird deal though with Foles. Part of me says he just earned himself a pretty good gig somewhere, but at the same time, he's already been a few places and had some success but for the most part has not done well. It will be interested to see what happens with him.
                        The Foles situation reminds me of when Flacco was lights out for the Ravens. It will get him a possible payday (I don’t know his contract situation) and for sure get the Eagles an inflated value for him from a couple of games where he played way above himself.

I also think that Pederson’s impact on both Wentz and Foles is underrated. Wentz is by far the better of the two IMO but he definitely got lucky to be able to have that good of a Coach right from the jump. Not sure he has the same success elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

It was funny. Not worth starting a riot inside a dome due to chips being on the outside or WiFi being down...but just good humor!

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            The Foles situation reminds me of when Flacco was lights out for the Ravens. It will get him a possible payday (I don’t know his contract situation) and for sure get the Eagles an inflated value for him from a couple of games where he played way above himself.

I also think that Pederson’s impact on both Wentz and Foles is underrated. Wentz is by far the better of the two IMO but he definitely got lucky to be able to have that good of a Coach right from the jump. Not sure he has the same success elsewhere.

The logical place, to me, for Foles would be in Kansas City. But they must really think that they have something in their QB that backed up Alex Smith all season. The issues that Foles had in the past I think had more to do with having Jeff Fisher as his coach. This is the same Jeff Fisher that couldn't win with a QB stable that included the two starters in this years NFC championship.

Wentz certainly has the skills to be successful, but playing for a coach that fits his style PERFECTLY is what made him have the success so quickly. I feel kind of bad for Carson now, he got the team to the #1 seed, but now he has to watch as his backup gets all the glory. I wonder how much pressure he will put on himself to prove that he can win a Super Bowl too...
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              The logical place, to me, for Foles would be in Kansas City. But they must really think that they have something in their QB that backed up Alex Smith all season. The issues that Foles had in the past I think had more to do with having Jeff Fisher as his coach. This is the same Jeff Fisher that couldn't win with a QB stable that included the two starters in this years NFC championship.

Wentz certainly has the skills to be successful, but playing for a coach that fits his style PERFECTLY is what made him have the success so quickly. I feel kind of bad for Carson now, he got the team to the #1 seed, but now he has to watch as his backup gets all the glory. I wonder how much pressure he will put on himself to prove that he can win a Super Bowl too...
                              Wentz has plenty of time to get that done.

As for Foles I’m guessing Arizona and Denver would be likely suitors.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X