Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado State

Default Re: Colorado State

Didn't know where else to put this, but thought I'd include it here...rather than start a new thread.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rt-ways-season

Andy Kennedy will be out at Ole Miss. Don't see Otz going there, it's a bit outside of his known recruiting areas...but you know, the coaching carousel spins... maybe someone from the right area moves there, and their job interests Otz. Or Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    So, would USD's Mooney be graduating and eligible for a 5th year transfer? He red-shirted when he transferred from Air Force to USD so he's a 4th year junior.

If Smith or TJ leave for a different job I could see Daum and Mooney following them.
    If Mike were to grad transfer, it would seem to me that the main reasons would be to play against a higher level of competition and get more exposure. It looks like the Mountain West would be a sideways move in both of these areas.

Quote Originally Posted by CondeJack View Post
    Isnít TJ coaching with all of Nagyís players? Out of the 8 guys that played Saturday night, only 2 of the players were brought in by TJ. And TJ started recruiting David Jenkins when he was coaching at Washington, a team that at the time was ranked in the top 10 in the country, probably making it easy to recruit to. I think it is unlikely that TJ will move on within the next two years. Iíd be open to hearing arguments of why Iím wrong.
    I think/thought the same thing about most of the players being Nagy's recruits (except for Jenkins Jr and Key) but recruiting was supposed to be what TJ is known for so you never know. Some teams might think that if he can recruit to Iowa St and Washington (to a very small extent SDSU- Jenkins Jr) that he can recruit wherever.

I think the bigger schools would want to see at least 4 years out of a head coach before pulling the trigger on them. But who knows? TJ does have quite the resume pre-SDSU. If I was an AD I would want to see at least a year of him coaching "his" guys and without the best player in school history that he was handed.

As a jacks fan I selfishly hope I'm right, but fear I may not be

This will be a yearly thing with Otz until some big program snatched him away. Thatís the life of a mid major. Unless we have some big donors step up to pay a monster salary, like UNI, which I doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_76 View Post
    This will be a yearly thing with Otz until some big program snatched him away. That’s the life of a mid major. Unless we have some big donors step up to pay a monster salary, like UNI, which I doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Otz isn’t a Brookings lifer anyways. He’ll leave eventually. Only person on the staff I could see doing that would be Klink if things worked out for him down the road.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Let me throw out another school in the region that might be in the market for a new coach in the off-season... Kansas State.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Otz isn’t a Brookings lifer anyways. He’ll leave eventually. Only person on the staff I could see doing that would be Klink if things worked out for him down the road.
    I gotta think Klink stayed banking on a chance to be the next head coach. Anyone else feel that way?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I gotta think Klink stayed banking on a chance to be the next head coach. Anyone else feel that way?
    I am thinking his resume would be lost in a national search, but we are no longer D2. He would be a cheap solution but what about recruiting networks? Does he have any?

Quote Originally Posted by 91jack View Post
    I think/thought the same thing about most of the players being Nagy's recruits (except for Jenkins Jr and Key) but recruiting was supposed to be what TJ is known for so you never know. Some teams might think that if he can recruit to Iowa St and Washington (to a very small extent SDSU- Jenkins Jr) that he can recruit wherever.
    TJ knows more of that than anyone. Does he think he can recruit to SDSU? How good are the red-shirts? If he thinks he is going to have some down years, well then he'd probably at least listen if given the chance. I think he might get some calls, I don't know if he is established enough or has a strong enough connection to a program to get a solid look. As for Smith at USD, he has connections to Colorado St. and it is most likely going to be open, so that will give him that chance.