Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado State

Default Colorado State

Larry Eustachy was just placed on administrative leave at Colorado State today. Investigation pending related to his conduct, verbal and emotional abuse alleged. Hard to assume that he will be fired, given that they will owe him a multi million dollar buyout. However, you have to imagine Craig Smith would be on a short list if the job opened. 5 year assistant at CSU under Tim Miles. Current women's coach is former coyote Ryun Williams and has been very successful.

Probably far too early speculation, but the Rabbits aren't playing today and that's what these boards are for!

Default Re: Colorado State

CSU new what they were getting when they hired him. Despite his overall success, the team stinks this year and, I think he is toast now. I agree Craig Smith would be a good fit. https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...ave/303897002/

Partying with coeds again ?

some highlights of the report he has been accused of Directing “profane, derogatory and/or demeaning language or gestures in the presence of or towards your players, staff or anyone else while acting in the scope of your employment.
    Throwing, punching or kicking objects in the presence of players, staff or others while performing his job duties
    Seeking “retaliation or retribution of any kind against any person that you believe may have participated in the investigation or monitoring of your behavior.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattSteph...58678837448705

Memo sent to Eustachy from the previous investigation into his conduct in 2014. The contents are....interesting. Don't let the kids read it. The AD that wrote it is no longer around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitball View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MattSteph...58678837448705

Memo sent to Eustachy from the previous investigation into his conduct in 2014. The contents are....interesting. Don't let the kids read it. The AD that wrote it is no longer around.
    Wow after he acknowledged that he did those things listed in the memo I'm surprised he wasn't terminated on the spot. Can't say they didn't give him chances.

Craig Smith isn't the only local name that has popped up on potential CSU coach lists......

http://mwwire.com/2018/02/09/colorad...ames-to-watch/

"Otzelberger has reached the point in his career in which his name will be attached to most high-major or strong mid-major head coaching vacancies."

I'd expect this to be a (relatively short-lived) annual occurrence especially if this year's team wins either of the two Summit titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    Craig Smith isn't the only local name that has popped up on potential CSU coach lists......

http://mwwire.com/2018/02/09/colorad...ames-to-watch/

"Otzelberger has reached the point in his career in which his name will be attached to most high-major or strong mid-major head coaching vacancies."

I'd expect this to be a (relatively short-lived) annual occurrence especially if this year's team wins either of the two Summit titles.
    So, would USD's Mooney be graduating and eligible for a 5th year transfer? He red-shirted when he transferred from Air Force to USD so he's a 4th year junior.

If Smith or TJ leave for a different job I could see Daum and Mooney following them.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    So, would USD's Mooney be graduating and eligible for a 5th year transfer? He red-shirted when he transferred from Air Force to USD so he's a 4th year junior.

If Smith or TJ leave for a different job I could see Daum and Mooney following them.
    I suspect both TJ and Smith are watching with interest but the competition is there. I would hate to loose TJ so soon, but its a reality we have to deal with.

Isnt TJ coaching with all of Nagys players? Out of the 8 guys that played Saturday night, only 2 of the players were brought in by TJ. And TJ started recruiting David Jenkins when he was coaching at Washington, a team that at the time was ranked in the top 10 in the country, probably making it easy to recruit to. I think it is unlikely that TJ will move on within the next two years. Id be open to hearing arguments of why Im wrong.