X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorado State

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Is he on a multi year contract?
    I do not believe he is on a multi year contract. I'd suspect multi year may happen and that his salary will increase yet again this year considering what the attendance numbers have done as well as the season ticket numbers. The thing Bono realizes is the support this program gets and where it is bound to go. He truly believes the Jacks are on the verge of being a perennial top 5 program. He continues to promote and pump up the JWC(Jackrabbit Wrestling Club) and his camps. With the addition of the new wrestling room around the corner the sky is the limit. Look at how tireless the coaches are during the season promoting the sport. I realize my glasses are tinted but seriously if you haven't made it to a Jacks match you need to come to Frost tomorrow night. I'm guessing if attendance can hit 2,000-2,500 the overall attendace for 7 duals should be above 14K. I'll try to get numbers on the Oregon St dual as well as season attendance record.

I made a comparison between Bono and Stig one week on Zim's chat and Zim thought it was a little crazy, then said there are similarities...I wouldn't be totally shocked if some program lured him away but I'm willing to be that he's here for many more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      I do not believe he is on a multi year contract. I'd suspect multi year may happen and that his salary will increase yet again this year considering what the attendance numbers have done as well as the season ticket numbers. The thing Bono realizes is the support this program gets and where it is bound to go. He truly believes the Jacks are on the verge of being a perennial top 5 program. He continues to promote and pump up the JWC(Jackrabbit Wrestling Club) and his camps. With the addition of the new wrestling room around the corner the sky is the limit. Look at how tireless the coaches are during the season promoting the sport. I realize my glasses are tinted but seriously if you haven't made it to a Jacks match you need to come to Frost tomorrow night.

I made a comparison between Bono and Stig one week on Zim's chat and Zim thought it was a little crazy, then said there are similarities...I wouldn't be totally shocked if some program lured him away but I'm willing to be that he's here for many more years.

he has a lot going for him for sure. just figured maybe a multi year deal that locks him up for say 450-500k over say 3 year contract would help with all the other good things going on. he can have national contenders here so its not as obvious as basketball where competing at the national level is harder. Wrestling is on the national stage and growing. I cant make the match Friday, got our daugthers baptism this weekend and a bunch of family coming to town. just the highlights of it sure are impressive. They are probably going to pass womens basketball for attendance the way they are going if they haven't already.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Goon, bring the whole family up for the match.

Comment

Have we heard any ticket sale numbers yet?
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            Austin was at Northern Colorado, not Colorado State. Not that it is a big deal.
            Does Austin get a shot at USD's job if Smith leaves?

The Denver Post thinks Smith is the leading candidate for the CSU job.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/2...olorado-state/

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              Does Austin get a shot at USD's job if Smith leaves?

The Denver Post thinks Smith is the leading candidate for the CSU job.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/2...olorado-state/
              I would think that he may garner an interview, but I would imagine that they might look outside the program. I have always heard that Austin is a great recruiter and works well with the athletes.

I wonder if Austin would ever come back to SDSU as anything less than a head coach? Perhaps if a spot opened up as an assistant? I would guess by this point in his coaching career he sees himself as ready for a head coaching shot.

Comment

He'd probably get an interview, but I think you would look at it similar to SDSU's job when it opened up. They will give an interview to a member on the staff, but there will be numerous aplicants with much larger resumes. The ? is do you feel he was a large part of the reason that they have been successful, or do you feel you'd be better going out of the circle. Also if Smith does go to Colorado St. I'm guessing his #1 and #2 assistants will be making decent money at a better gig, so unless its a big promotion on paper, I'd expect his assistants to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  He'd probably get an interview, but I think you would look at it similar to SDSU's job when it opened up. They will give an interview to a member on the staff, but there will be numerous aplicants with much larger resumes. The ? is do you feel he was a large part of the reason that they have been successful, or do you feel you'd be better going out of the circle. Also if Smith does go to Colorado St. I'm guessing his #1 and #2 assistants will be making decent money at a better gig, so unless its a big promotion on paper, I'd expect his assistants to follow.
                  Looks like the CSU assistants make between 150-230k.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Who is this coach of whom you speak? I have zero recollection of him.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Who is this coach of whom you speak? I have zero recollection of him.

SUPERBUNNY
                      This is petty but I can’t look at him without thinking he’s a traitor.
                      Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 03-01-2018, 09:07 AM.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Bling he’s a traitor.

That "traitor" is directly responsible for where the program is at now.

I'll never fault a man for doing what he feels best is for him and his family. Maybe the previous staff should have done more to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Bling he’s a traitor.

I dont like Austin wearing red ties, but that goes with the job. Austin left SDSU to follow one of Nagy's former assistants, B.J. Hill who became head coach at U OF NORTHERN COLORADO. (I typed in caps so as not to be confused with U of North Carolina). B.J apparently cut some corners and someone reported him and his institution to the NCAA and an investigation followed. Austin was there for one year and may have seen some things he did not like and jumped at the job opening at the USD job in 2014. B.J Hill who I never met, but suspect he was moral until these incident happened UNC. Austin has moved around, starting with Mankato, SDSU, UNC and now USD. No doubt he has exposure to programs and that might land him a HC job somewhere.

Here is some of the story about UNC.

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/15/northern-...ation-by-ncaa/
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 03-01-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

The word "traitor" gets thrown around far too casually nowadays.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I dont like Austin wearing red ties, but that goes with the job. Austin left SDSU to follow one of Nagy's former assistants, B.J. Hill who became head coach at U OF NORTHERN COLORADO. (I typed in caps so as not to be confused with U of North Carolina). B.J apparently cut some corners and someone reported him and his institution to the NCAA and an investigation followed. Austin was there for one year and may have seen some things he did not like and jumped at the job opening at the USD job in 2014. B.J Hill who I never met, but suspect he was moral until these incident happened UNC. Austin has moved around, starting with Mankato, SDSU, UNC and now USD. No doubt he has exposure to programs and that might land him a HC job somewhere.

Here is some of the story about UNC.

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/15/northern-...ation-by-ncaa/
                              Here is another link to what happened at UNC. Maybe this should be a separate thread.
                              but my point is that Austin Hansen came and went and was not implicated in this scandal. Also B.J Hill was a one year assistant at SDSU, and moved on.
                              https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...tive-recruits/
                              AND another;
                              https://www.greeleytribune.com/sport...sment-for-unc/
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 03-01-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                That "traitor" is directly responsible for where the program is at now.

I'll never fault a man for doing what he feels best is for him and his family. Maybe the previous staff should have done more to keep him.
                                You're completely correct and I agree. I just look at him differently now. Which I said was petty. But just seeing him on the other sideline makes me cringe.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X