Colorado State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado State

Larry Eustachy was just placed on administrative leave at Colorado State today. Investigation pending related to his conduct, verbal and emotional abuse alleged. Hard to assume that he will be fired, given that they will owe him a multi million dollar buyout. However, you have to imagine Craig Smith would be on a short list if the job opened. 5 year assistant at CSU under Tim Miles. Current women's coach is former coyote Ryun Williams and has been very successful.

Probably far too early speculation, but the Rabbits aren't playing today and that's what these boards are for!

Re: Colorado State

CSU new what they were getting when they hired him. Despite his overall success, the team stinks this year and, I think he is toast now. I agree Craig Smith would be a good fit. https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...ave/303897002/

Comment

Partying with coeds again ?

Comment

some highlights of the report he has been accused of Directing “profane, derogatory and/or demeaning language or gestures in the presence of or towards your players, staff or anyone else while acting in the scope of your employment.
        Throwing, punching or kicking objects in the presence of players, staff or others while performing his job duties
        Seeking “retaliation or retribution of any kind against any person that you believe may have participated in the investigation or monitoring of your behavior.”

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattSteph...58678837448705

Memo sent to Eustachy from the previous investigation into his conduct in 2014. The contents are....interesting. Don't let the kids read it. The AD that wrote it is no longer around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
            https://mobile.twitter.com/MattSteph...58678837448705

Memo sent to Eustachy from the previous investigation into his conduct in 2014. The contents are....interesting. Don't let the kids read it. The AD that wrote it is no longer around.
            Wow after he acknowledged that he did those things listed in the memo I'm surprised he wasn't terminated on the spot. Can't say they didn't give him chances.

Comment

Craig Smith isn't the only local name that has popped up on potential CSU coach lists......

http://mwwire.com/2018/02/09/colorad...ames-to-watch/

"Otzelberger has reached the point in his career in which his name will be attached to most high-major or strong mid-major head coaching vacancies."

I'd expect this to be a (relatively short-lived) annual occurrence especially if this year's team wins either of the two Summit titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Craig Smith isn't the only local name that has popped up on potential CSU coach lists......

http://mwwire.com/2018/02/09/colorad...ames-to-watch/

"Otzelberger has reached the point in his career in which his name will be attached to most high-major or strong mid-major head coaching vacancies."

I'd expect this to be a (relatively short-lived) annual occurrence especially if this year's team wins either of the two Summit titles.
                So, would USD's Mooney be graduating and eligible for a 5th year transfer? He red-shirted when he transferred from Air Force to USD so he's a 4th year junior.

If Smith or TJ leave for a different job I could see Daum and Mooney following them.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  So, would USD's Mooney be graduating and eligible for a 5th year transfer? He red-shirted when he transferred from Air Force to USD so he's a 4th year junior.

If Smith or TJ leave for a different job I could see Daum and Mooney following them.
                  I suspect both TJ and Smith are watching with interest but the competition is there. I would hate to loose TJ so soon, but its a reality we have to deal with.

Comment

Isn’t TJ coaching with all of Nagy’s players? Out of the 8 guys that played Saturday night, only 2 of the players were brought in by TJ. And TJ started recruiting David Jenkins when he was coaching at Washington, a team that at the time was ranked in the top 10 in the country, probably making it easy to recruit to. I think it is unlikely that TJ will move on within the next two years. I’d be open to hearing arguments of why I’m wrong.

Comment

Didn't know where else to put this, but thought I'd include it here...rather than start a new thread.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rt-ways-season

Andy Kennedy will be out at Ole Miss. Don't see Otz going there, it's a bit outside of his known recruiting areas...but you know, the coaching carousel spins... maybe someone from the right area moves there, and their job interests Otz. Or Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

If Mike were to grad transfer, it would seem to me that the main reasons would be to play against a higher level of competition and get more exposure. It looks like the Mountain West would be a sideways move in both of these areas.

Comment

Originally posted by CondeJack View Post
                          Isn’t TJ coaching with all of Nagy’s players? Out of the 8 guys that played Saturday night, only 2 of the players were brought in by TJ. And TJ started recruiting David Jenkins when he was coaching at Washington, a team that at the time was ranked in the top 10 in the country, probably making it easy to recruit to. I think it is unlikely that TJ will move on within the next two years. I’d be open to hearing arguments of why I’m wrong.
                          I think/thought the same thing about most of the players being Nagy's recruits (except for Jenkins Jr and Key) but recruiting was supposed to be what TJ is known for so you never know. Some teams might think that if he can recruit to Iowa St and Washington (to a very small extent SDSU- Jenkins Jr) that he can recruit wherever.

Comment

I think the bigger schools would want to see at least 4 years out of a head coach before pulling the trigger on them. But who knows? TJ does have quite the resume pre-SDSU. If I was an AD I would want to see at least a year of him coaching "his" guys and without the best player in school history that he was handed.

As a jacks fan I selfishly hope I'm right, but fear I may not be

Comment

This will be a yearly thing with Otz until some big program snatched him away. That’s the life of a mid major. Unless we have some big donors step up to pay a monster salary, like UNI, which I doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X