Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: ndsu bison vs SDSU Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

82-63 Jackrabbits. Final.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Tevin King is the truth. True difference maker his year. Jenkins had a big 2nd half which was nice to see. Daum is Daum. Wish Flatten would take a few more shots.

Still, a 19 point win over the Bison will never get old. Jacks have a well deserved week off now.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        I didn't appreciate how good this kid was until tonight
        I don't think HE knew how good he was until this season.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

2-0 womens basketball
          2-0 mens basketball
          1-0 football

Comment

Jenkins Jr. attacking the rim opens up a whole new element to his game and our offense. I don't know if I can remember a player that has taken a bigger leap between seasons than King has made, he has been a legitimate game changer this year. Also, TK and Key were really attacking the the ball on defense tonight, very pesky.

Comment

Worst NDSU team in D-1 era? Discuss
              I think it’s a reloading season. They lost Warner and not a replacement ready to go this season and that seemed to show tonight. Hopefully, we handle them in SF.

Comment

Worst NDSU team in D-1 era? Discuss
                Probably not, at least in talent. The Bison can still finish in the top half of conference and and probably will. They could beat USD in Fargo this weekend. For the Jacks' sake, I hope they do.
                This space for lease.

Comment

How long has it been since we swept them? I love it!

Key and (especially) King made the difference hamstringing one of the very best in the league. Miller had to work his ass off to get shots and they just don’t have enough pieces around him to keep up with an offense like SDSU’s.

Only six turnovers tonight. Our guard play is rock solid and the whole package is coming back next year.

I thought the three games in six days deal might catch up with the team tonight. They kept the pedal down. This will pay off with a lot more rest (and time to prepare specifically for opponents ) in the final weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Probably not, at least in talent. The Bison can still finish in the top half of conference and and probably will. They could beat USD in Fargo this weekend. For the Jacks' sake, I hope they do.
                    When during the last 10 years did they have less talent than they do now?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      When during the last 10 years did they have less talent than they do now?
                      The years between Woodide and Bjorkland, Trayvon, and Braun were worse than now. We had better teams those years and they kept beating us anyway.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Tonight was some of the best defense I have remembered the Jackrabbits playing this year. King and Key were the leaders of this effort, but others played solid as well. A week's rest will get the legs ready for the end of the conference run.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A real pleasure to be in Frost tonight. Tevin King was player of the game. Reported attendance was 3,377. I could’ve sworn the crowd approached 4500. Sometimes it seems we exaggerate low as much as a few of our conference mates exaggerate high.

Comment

Congrats to the Jacks on a well played game. We stuck around for a bit, but the outcome never really seemed in doubt. In the first half every time there was something happened to cheer about (for a Bison), Daum would answer. It was nice of him to take more of a back seat in the second half to let the rest of the Jacks beat us. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Tonight was some of the best defense I have remembered the Jackrabbits playing this year. King and Key were the leaders of this effort, but others played solid as well. A week's rest will get the legs ready for the end of the conference run.
                              Agree with this outside of Daum. He still makes some boneheaded plays on defense and just makes you wonder if he even cares on that end of the floor. Just one example is when Deng Geu dribbled right around him from the right elbow and went in for an easy dunk. Daum didn't even think about trying on that possession. Could have someone else helped better, probably, but I literally started laughing out loud at that play it was so bad. And this was mid-2nd half when he only had 1 foul so staying out of foul trouble wasn't the mindset anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                A real pleasure to be in Frost tonight. Tevin King was player of the game. Reported attendance was 3,377. I could’ve sworn the crowd approached 4500. Sometimes it seems we exaggerate low as much as a few of our conference mates exaggerate high.
                                The Pork Classic listed 3500 and this crowd filled the bleachers more completely. The student section was also more crowded. The wife & I certainly had it estimated close to 4000. It never was too quiet during the action. It was a very good home atmosphere.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X