GDT: ndsu bison vs SDSU Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: ndsu bison vs SDSU Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

I had to work last night so could only follow along on ESPN gamecast. When I saw the shot distribution at halftime I could only wonder how broken our offense was to have one player with 20 shots and the other 6 with 15. Watched the game at home after work and it didn't seem as bad as I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      I had to work last night so could only follow along on ESPN gamecast. When I saw the shot distribution at halftime I could only wonder how broken our offense was to have one player with 20 shots and the other 6 with 15. Watched the game at home after work and it didn't seem as bad as I was expecting.
      I have to believe Otz had some discussion at halftime about the offense with the players. The 2nd half was much better. Daum scored points but it was not a very efficient night for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        Daum actually had 21 points at the half on 20 shots and 2 TO's. I heard TJ say/joke that he doesn't remember seeing somebody shoot the ball 20 times in a half before. If you count the TO's as shots, 21 points in 22 shots which isn't the greatest. Daum actually had 20 shots and the rest of the team had 15 shots at halftime.
        Daum played great in the second half. He had 10 points, 6 rebounds and 0 turnovers on 5 shots.
        That looks like he might have forced somethings in the first half and didn't in the second half. Some of that might have been that Jenkins and Co. picked it up in the second half.
        SDSU won't survive if Daum becomes a volume shooter. What makes him so great is how efficient he has been at scoring. Taking too many shots bogs down the offense and puts undue pressure on the at-time shaky defense. I would really like to see more of an inside/outside game between Daum and Jenkins on one side of the court with Skyler camped out on the other side for the kick-out pass on the double team.

That being said, we won the game. But there is always something to work on to get better
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          SDSU won't survive if Daum becomes a volume shooter. What makes him so great is how efficient he has been at scoring. Taking too many shots bogs down the offense and puts undue pressure on the at-time shaky defense. I would really like to see more of an inside/outside game between Daum and Jenkins on one side of the court with Skyler camped out on the other side for the kick-out pass on the double team.

That being said, we won the game. But there is always something to work on to get better
          I would contend that the game against the bison had a general thought from the entire team to get Daum to 2000 points. If we neglect that situation, I believe that your concern about volume shooter is not a concern. It was likely more on their minds than "let's make Daum a volume shooter". 2000 points is a big deal.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Jacks winning their 20th game on Feb.1st made me curious on how that compared to how quickly the other good SDSU teams of the D1 era had gotten to 20. Next best was the 11/12 first NCAA qualifier that got there on Feb. 11. The 15/16 team got 20 on Feb.13 , the 12/13 on Feb.14 and the 14/15 team on Feb. 18. I was surprised that this team got there at least 10 days faster than all of those teams. Did not go back to before D1 - it would be interesting is any of those teams got there sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I would contend that the game against the bison had a general thought from the entire team to get Daum to 2000 points. If we neglect that situation, I believe that your concern about volume shooter is not a concern. It was likely more on their minds than "let's make Daum a volume shooter". 2000 points is a big deal.
              Interesting the Friday print edition of Fargo Forum had a headline about Daum scoring 2000, but no picture of Daum. Instead a picture of Jacobsen making a layup. It did not make much sense, but it’s serves NDSU readers.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                I realize that but how many people can fit on either end? Certainly not 3000. But it doesnt matter. The crowd we have is always loud. We may not have the best arena in the conference but we win there more than other teams win on their home floor, year in and year out. I thought i heard that we have the 5th longest home winning streak in the country right now.
                I was actually looking at that today. Yes, Jacks currently are #5 in the nation for longest home winning streak. Should get to 20 straight home wins before the season is over. I actually see that as a great recruiting tool to say the Jacks hardly lose at home. In my time as a Jacks fan, I can only think of 3 teams who have beaten the Jacks in Frost: ndsu 2 times, Omaha 2 times, and I'm pretty sure the other is Montana in a season opener. What is it? 5 losses since the 2012-13 season? Frost is definitely one of the best home-courts in the country!

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/stats
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  I was actually looking at that today. Yes, Jacks currently are #5 in the nation for longest home winning streak. Should get to 20 straight home wins before the season is over. I actually see that as a great recruiting tool to say the Jacks hardly lose at home. In my time as a Jacks fan, I can only think of 3 teams who have beaten the Jacks in Frost: ndsu 2 times, Omaha 2 times, and I'm pretty sure the other is Montana in a season opener. What is it? 5 losses since the 2012-13 season? Frost is definitely one of the best home-courts in the country!

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/stats
                  It is actually 5 losses since the 2011-2012 season. Montana/Omaha/NDSU in '13-'14 and NDSU/Omaha in '16-'17. The men have gone 87-5 at home in that span as of Thursday's game
                  Last edited by SoDakJack; 02-03-2018, 08:25 AM. Reason: Wrong Win Total
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    It is actually 5 losses since the 2011-2012 season. Montana/Omaha/NDSU in '13-'14 and NDSU/Omaha in '16-'17. The men have gone 87-5 at home in that span as of Thursday's game
                    When Montana beat us in 2013 we had the longest DI home court winning streak in the nation at 30 games. When NDSU beat us in 2016 we had the second longest DI home court streak at 34 games. Now we are back to the 5th longest streak at 18 games. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Comment

When Montana beat us in 2013 we had the longest DI home court winning streak in the nation at 30 games. When NDSU beat us in 2016 we had the second longest DI home court streak at 34 games. Now we are back to the 5th longest streak at 18 games. Pretty amazing when you think about it.
                      Our streak has only improved to 19 games, but after Cincinati's loss we now have the longest streak in the nation. We will be tested on Thursday night.

Comment

Our streak has only improved to 19 games, but after Cincinati's loss we now have the longest streak in the nation. We will be tested on Thursday night.

Vermont also got beat at home yesterday to end their streak. They were aldo ahead of the jacks

Comment

Working...
                        X