FCS OOC Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS OOC Wishlist

Just curious to see what everybodys OOC FCS matchups would be for a home and home series. Who would you want to be the Montana State level opponent between a tune up FCS and a FBS team?

Personally mine would go like this in no particular order:

McNeese St-It was a fun series last time, and I would love to see us get revenge for the overtime game on Hobo Day.
    Jacksonville St- The perennial OVC power, this game would get some hype nationally and probably get considered for the week 0 ESPN FCS game.
    Montana- We owe them one, getting them to Brookings with their fanbase would be a fun atmosphere, and I would love an excuse to get to Wa Griz for a game.
    NCA&T- The best of the bunch by a long shot in the MEAC, I would love to see them play some big time teams OOC, and why not us. Plus a game at a HBCU would be quite the experience from what I hear.
    Princeton- Getting an Ivy team out of their ivory towers is tough, but Princeton did play Cal Poly a little while ago. The history in the Ivy League is something to behold and I would really enjoy this matchup.
    Idaho- Newly FCS once again, I think this would be a fun series against a team that should be a quality program.
    UNH- The CAA version of ourselves IMO, this would be a good matchup even though getting a CAA team west of Ohio is quite a feat.
    Sam Houston State- Not sure about you, but I would love a chance to whoop the perennial Southland paper tiger.
    SUU/Weber- I just want a chance to travel to Utah and both programs are on the upswing.

These are just off the top of my head anyways.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: FCS OOC Wishlist

I think they might stay with a big sky opponent. I thought I heard something about a sky vs valley challenge. It would be nice to face a colonial team or another top school in a powder puff conference. I hope we leave the pioneer alone we just beat the crap out of em and attendance reflects it.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Austin Peay

Comment

I've wanted to do a home/home with the Richmond Spiders for a long time because they are like us in that they would be a quality opponent and they have a unique mascot.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Pioneer League vs. perennial FCS power such as UNH or something like that. Attendance will differ by 1000-2000 fans. Our opponent, unless NDSU, USD or UND has little to no bearing on our attendance.

Comment

I am all for getting good teams from other conferences for home and away series. Get good quality wins and are play off type teams we would face later in the year.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Pioneer League vs. perennial FCS power such as UNH or something like that. Attendance will differ by 1000-2000 fans. Our opponent, unless NDSU, USD or UND has little to no bearing on our attendance.
              Yes and no. I’m pretty sure that 1000-2000 is a pretty sizeable number, that’s 5-10% of the stadiums capacity. As our fanbase grows and we have more appearances in the playoffs they slowly become more knowledgeable, or at least start to pay attention more to things said on the radio and written by Zimmer. Don’t you think people might be more interested in attending for the ticket price when they are seeing articles about hosting let’s say #10 UNH than reading we are bringing in a non scholly who gives a rip Pioneer team? I know I am a lot more excited about buying season tickets because we’re bringing in a quality OOC team to make up for the weaker home conference slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

JMU
                Richmond
                William and Mary
                The Citadel
                Portland State
                Montana
                UNC
                Maine