Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Omaha Mavericks @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I'm having more fun watching this team than any in recent memory. So unselfish and talented.Wish we had one more big to rotate.
    You don't remember Nate Wolters?
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      You don't remember Nate Wolters?
      Of course just enjoy the supporting parts and team nature of this team.
      Last edited by JACKGUYII; 02-01-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

Loved seeing them send it in to Daum where he went 15-28 from inside the arc. Was surprised he didn't get to the line more. Online it looked like they let things be pretty physical down low. King was great on both ends. Also, the Jacks only had 5 turnovers. That is impressive.

SUPERBUNNY
        I think it is good that they let things be physical down low. If they would have called it closer, I think Daum would of had two or so more offensive fouls. There were several times that the defender would stand there and Daum would body up and push him. After that, Daum would push him 2 or 3 more times until they were about under the basket. I wonder what/if they would have called anything if the defender would have flopped. I know Daum would adjust some if he got called for a couple of offensive fouls but he gets away with some offensive pushing. I hope we don't see some officials call that or he could be in trouble.
        Of course, most officials call many more fouls that are 50/50 on the defense so he should have that going for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          I think it is good that they let things be physical down low. If they would have called it closer, I think Daum would of had two or so more offensive fouls. There were several times that the defender would stand there and Daum would body up and push him. After that, Daum would push him 2 or 3 more times until they were about under the basket. I wonder what/if they would have called anything if the defender would have flopped. I know Daum would adjust some if he got called for a couple of offensive fouls but he gets away with some offensive pushing. I hope we don't see some officials call that or he could be in trouble.
          Of course, most officials call many more fouls that are 50/50 on the defense so he should have that going for him.
          I guess I'm not catching the point. I agree that the players adapt to how the refs are calling things. If they would have called it tight Daum probably would have been called for an offensive foul a time or two but he would also have had 15+ attempts from the line as well. Bottom line is you have to send it in there to him. That is when the team is most efficient.

He crushed NDSU down low in the first conference game of the year. Fully expect to see them go right back to it until they can stop him.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            I guess I'm not catching the point. I agree that the players adapt to how the refs are calling things. If they would have called it tight Daum probably would have been called for an offensive foul a time or two but he would also have had 15+ attempts from the line as well. Bottom line is you have to send it in there to him. That is when the team is most efficient.

He crushed NDSU down low in the first conference game of the year. Fully expect to see them go right back to it until they can stop him.

SUPERBUNNY
            What I really liked about their offensive game plan against Omaha was that they found ways to get Daum the ball down low without going into the traditional 4 out, 1 in set. That's what we did against USD and it's so easy to double team from there. When you're running more of a motion offense like we were on Tuesday, it's really difficult to double team, as you need to keep track of your guy since he's not camping in one spot on the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              What I really liked about their offensive game plan against Omaha was that they found ways to get Daum the ball down low without going into the traditional 4 out, 1 in set. That's what we did against USD and it's so easy to double team from there. When you're running more of a motion offense like we were on Tuesday, it's really difficult to double team, as you need to keep track of your guy since he's not camping in one spot on the perimeter.
              There you go! Somebody that has some solid basketball knowledge putting into words what my thoughts have been all along! Brilliant!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
              X